Clones Sexing At 3 Weeks After Transplanting

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

Put some inexpensive Kill-o-watt meters in your grow (like $20 each) and track your real energy usage. You can even move them around the house and really get a survey of the big energy uses in your household. Like I said earlier I did a complete energy study over several years but in a few weeks I knew right where I was at. My wife claimed our bill went up $500 per month and blamed it all on the grow. Turns out her theory was total BS and the power company claimed a cost of .06 per KWH when it is really 2-3x that because of all their hidden distribution fees and other hidden fees. What I did was took my total KWH draw for the whole house for a month and divided up the cost of that months bill and that gave me the REAL KWH cost. The F'ers hide shit in the bill and deceive you with their KWH cost that is published.

Turns out my grow room electricity was less than $2 per day and after printing out a spreadsheet graph and the exact math based on the Kill-O-Watt daily readings my wife had to stop ranting about my grow costs. In the end it was her AC use in the house that was the killer!

Dee

DGP

DGP

BTW, my biggest saving came recently when I invested in a chiller and then I could use a lot less AC and then I let the room temps rise up 4-6 degrees over before. I was having to over cool the air to keep the reservoir at or below 70F. The chiller was painful to pay for but now my AC hardly runs in the Winter, Spring or Fall. Summer obviously is still a problem but I grow some outside mostly during Summer.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Put some inexpensive Kill-o-watt meters in your grow (like $20 each) and track your real energy usage. You can even move them around the house and really get a survey of the big energy uses in your household. Like I said earlier I did a complete energy study over several years but in a few weeks I knew right where I was at. My wife claimed our bill went up $500 per month and blamed it all on the grow. Turns out her theory was total BS and the power company claimed a cost of .06 per KWH when it is really 2-3x that because of all their hidden distribution fees and other hidden fees. What I did was took my total KWH draw for the whole house for a month and divided up the cost of that months bill and that gave me the REAL KWH cost. The F'ers hide shit in the bill and deceive you with their KWH cost that is published.

Turns out my grow room electricity was less than $2 per day and after printing out a spreadsheet graph and the exact math based on the Kill-O-Watt daily readings my wife had to stop ranting about my grow costs. In the end it was her AC use in the house that was the killer!

Dee
I am actually right there with you hahahah
I did pretty much the same thing
although we get a "utility" bill that has trash/sewer/electric/water
so I divided everything up
then went through the house and used the Kill-o-watt on everything
not our electric that went up
our water was killing us
turn down the water heater
change how we wash dishes 2 min showers
brought the bill down 150.00 in 2 months
my electric runs about $125.00 per month
with 6 people, 3 tv's heater 2 fridges and about 1500w grow equipment
and I have about the same rate as @Shawnery

S

Shawnery

I can't see why you pay so little and I'm at the top tier getting charged .43kwh. No matter anything else at that rate my lights are with no debate 307.00 to run 18h a day. I'm going to call pge on Monday and see what is exactly going on. It sucks that pot business can get a discount but a pot patient can't!

S

Shawnery

So the reason I call this grow my second and a half is i have up on my last grow. Instead of just throwing them away I planted them in my front yard. I thought they would die in the weather we've been having, 30 degree nights and hail.

Surprisingly enough the plants didn't die but the also didn't grow. In the last three weeks they've stayed the EXACT same as they were the day I planted them.

I'm interested to see what happens once the weather changes and if any neighbors complain.:D

S

Shawnery

Plants are doing GREAT! Took a few days off after topping them but they are in full swing again. Stable [email protected], water temps between 65 and 68 and plants are growing in both directions.

Thanks for all the help again!

S

Shawnery

I was wrong, I'm in the 2nd tier, for to figure out why I'm paying for more than I'm using.

FINALLY picked up one of those kill-a-watt meters and my lights are running a bit stronger than i thought. The meter shows that my 4 fixtures are running at almost 1600watts. I was under the impression that they were running almost 1300. 300 extra watts isn't something to scoff at in terms of yield.

Going to see how much everything comes out to in kWh that's running in my property. Maybe if I can prove to the that there's an issue they'll help me out. You would think it would be in their interest to save energy these days.

S

Shawnery

Plants are looking and smelling delicious just the way they should. Just about to top the girls again but wondering about something. Do any of you ever top the side branches as well as the main stem? What would be the disadvantages of doing this?

Ppm's keep dropping by about 20 points per day so perhaps they could start taking more but I'll leave it till I see physical signs it needs it. They're drinking about a gallon a day which seems light?

The only negative is some burning from foliar spaying during lights on. Last time I treated for Thrips I did it at lights off and non of the same leaf burns.

20180326 174107
20180326 174117
S

Shawnery

Will insecticides soap or neem oil mixture burn leaves like water foliar spray or no? I had terrible leaf burn from foliar spraying with water and h202 during lights on. So when I sprayed the neem oil mixture I did it at night and had no issues. But now my light are running at night instead of day to save power. I read in many places that neem oil mix won't burn leaves. So I'm wondering if it's safe just to wait till the lights come back on tonight to spray? Obviously I need to use a soap to mix the oil and water but the question remains.

S

Shawnery

Plants are doing awesome! In my humble opinion the plants needed some pruning. I removed all the larger older leaves that had been getting a little leathery. My thoughts were to allow the lower foliage to receive light and to allow the plant to concentrate on new growth.

At the same time as pruning I decided to do one more round of topping. Is there a point when you start to get diminishing returns with to much topping. I would guess I'm going to end up with 8 to 10 main colas now if all goes well. Perhaps demanding to much new growth to the point that the root system and plant can't support it?

I know pruning can be a dividing subject at best and you know how I like to rock the boat. I wasn't sure how it would effect my plants so I was hoping for the best. Luckily the plants started growing the next day instead of taking a few days of as they sometimes do after pruning or topping.

More updates to come.

I'm not to informed on the process of supporting the structure of the plant. I would love some advice in supporting the growth of my girls before they get unruly. I did a scrogg the first grow but not really wanting that this time. Is there a chance I can grow 8 to 10 big colas without support?

Thanks!

By the way should I be removing any lower or side growth that isn't a main cola or just let them go?

S

Shawnery

Check these out! They were taken today 3 days after I pruned about 10% of the plant. They went from bushy to sprawled out after pruning and then back to this in 3 days. It seems the girls are refusing to grow up and instead have decided to get super bushy.

20180402 202553
20180402 202600
20180402 202614
20180402 202553
20180402 202600
20180402 202614
20180402 202622
20180402 202636
20180402 202837
20180402 202851
20180402 202857

Latest posts