Clones twisting and curling in cloner for a week

• Thread starter TwistedOgKush420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TwistedOgKush420

TwistedOgKush420

These clones were taken off a mother plant that is in dirt they have been in cloner for a week and a few days ago the started to curl and twist can anyone help me out
Clones twisting and curling in cloner for a week

Clones twisting and curling in cloner for a week 2
Clones twisting and curling in cloner for a week 3
TwistedOgKush420

TwistedOgKush420

Ph swings from 5.8 to 6.2 we start with hormex 25ml and 280ml clonex for 7 days thats for 12 gallons then change water and just add 480ml of clonex but we have another cloner that's doing it to but the clones with roots on them the new growth is fine the leaves are flat and health looking. We also add 120ml uc roots everyday so the chlorine level is at 435 because we are using ro water that comes out 5ppm. I'm new to this posting things so I not sure how this all works

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ph swings from 5.8 to 6.2 we start with hormex 25ml and 280ml clonex for 7 days thats for 12 gallons then change water and just add 480ml of clonex but we have another cloner that's doing it to but the clones with roots on them the new growth is fine the leaves are flat and health looking. We also add 120ml uc roots everyday so the chlorine level is at 435 because we are using ro water that comes out 5ppm. I'm new to this posting things so I not sure how this all works
Wait for someone with the expertise needed it’s Friday evening you might have to wait a minute .
welcome to the farm

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you can root a clone in room light, like the kitchen window or a lamp. till their roots start forming they arent doing anything else, or shouldnt be. there is a whole energy making process that goes on when the leaves get light, and that takes energy away from making roots. so less light is better... to a point.

TwistedOgKush420

TwistedOgKush420

you can root a clone in room light, like the kitchen window or a lamp. till their roots start forming they arent doing anything else, or shouldnt be. there is a whole energy making process that goes on when the leaves get light, and that takes energy away from making roots. so less light is better... to a point.
So maybe just have 2 bulbs on till they get roots then I can add more we are having problems getting alot of roots to form

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i’m not a hydro grower, but it has to be something to do with the water? is there oxygen pumped in?
they seem to look like they are suffocating/drowning..
i’m guessing your temps and humidity are good..
an hydro grower will eventually help out here.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You have to much foliage for clones.... 2-3 leaves.

Way to much light as was previously stated. Obvious by the leaves doing everything they can to avoid it.

You are not trying to give them light to grow or photosynthesize because that requires nutrients and they don't yet have root to take nutrients up.

You are only trying to give them enough light to prevent them from flowering.

Light stress that severe will absolutely stunt a rooted plant badly nevermind a clone without roots.

Last edited:
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

I only cloned once so far and had 100% success with it. Trimed most of the leaves except the new small leaves. any bigger leaves that I did keep I cut 1/2 of the leaf off. I seen growers do that when propagating trees. Then put it in the cloner with pump after first dipping in clonex and mixing the water with the clonex product for that. I don't have any idea if I needed that stuff but I can't argue with success. Put the cloner in my tent with the still vegging big ones. Tent is a 5 x 5 so found a spot that didn't have the intense light the tops of the big plants were getting. In 16 days all were good, some variety's root slower but by then they can make it in dirt kept on the damp side.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
So maybe just have 2 bulbs on till they get roots then I can add more we are having problems getting alot of roots to form
i dont remember what light you have, so i dont know about 2 bulbs. but if you are in a room with a window, anywhere in that room is good... if you are more technical then keep it under 9999 lux. i say lux because you can dl an app for that.

i dont know a thing about hydro, but i am guessing the plant didnt morph into a giraffe so it is probably still a plant...

when you get the specimen, get something obviously growing. i like about 4 to 6 inches, but many like bigger, that just fits where i put it. i leave the top couple sets and get rid of all else. i use my blade i cut it with and barely scrape the bottom bit (like shaving it, but really you just want some open flesh).

if i have it, i dip in the rooting gel, if not i dont, then i put it in a cup of water and sit it by my desk. i change the water every 2 to 3 days.

in about 4 or 5 days i see little white nubs. in about 2 or 3 more days i have a few roots about 2 or 3 inches long.

while this is going on i watch the plant. when it puts out a new leaf and it is unfurled, i transplant, because it is now growing. i sit it in the tent but under light like id have a week old seedling (around 15k lux). when it has grown about 3 or 4 more sets of leaves i treat it like a veg plant. i use leds, i run it hot and moist and too much light, but i have no life and can adjust and fiddle all day so it works for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom