Clones

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

Hi

I might clone a king tut and a sour kush. I have been reading up on it and stuff. I have clonex gel and will start the seeds in the next 2 weeks or so so i can start the mothers.

Once they get to sufficient size i will clone the tops. I only need about 16 for a friend and 4 for my tent so it wont take long.

Is there anything that you would say I MUST do so that i have success?

I will do the cuttings right with clonex, I have a heating pad and can put them in a warm spot to produce roots etc.

Any additional help (whatever you do don't do this or whatever you do make sure you do this) would be appreciated.

Because trial and error works. I find i learn from errors more and it sets everything back but i still have 4 oz of great weed from harvest #1 and about 8 oz on board in 2 weeks. We are flush with cannabis and I am so happy I have not paid for anything (excluding lights and shit) since August.

And I it will go that way forever now.

:D

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I personally dont recommend doin either of those things.....

Ditch the heat mat too
The reason you dont take your final cut in open air is the possibility of air embolism. .. skin the side opens more plant tissue to the indole 3 butyric acid... clone dips. Local honey, Willow tree and Aloe works too...
Well so does a cup of water hahaha

Definitely dont use heat mats here either

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've taken well over 3000 cuts in over 4 yrs.

1 I always use my.trimming scissors, and never iso clean them.
2 I always just snip.feom.plant, then into a solo cup until I'm ready to put.in my cloner that day
3 I use dip n grow cloning liquid. Best stuff I've ever used. Period!
4 no dome is needed with an aero cloner. If using rockwool or those plugs, then a dome.and heat mat may be needed. More so the dome.

G gnome

G gnome

The reason you dont take your final cut in open air is the possibility of air embolism. .. skin the side opens more plant tissue to the indole 3 butyric acid... clone dips. Local honey, Willow tree and Aloe works too...
Well so does a cup of water hahaha

Definitely dont use heat mats here either
I know why ppl say cut clones under water........i call weed grower myth. I put it up there w hangin ur plants upside down so the thc drips down the stems and into the buds lol
I cant tell u how many clones ive takin in my time......something like 50-100 a month for 15yrs....never had an embolism. I mean, look at an aero cloner......wudnt that give em an embolism?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I know why ppl say cut clones under water........i call weed grower myth. I put it up there w hangin ur plants upside down so the thc drips down the stems and into the buds lol
I cant tell u how many clones ive takin in my time......something like 50-100 a month for 15yrs....never had an embolism. I mean, look at an aero cloner......wudnt that give em an embolism?
The end stays wet in cloners... do you take a cut and immediately throw it in a bucket of water?

Dan789

Dan789

Hi

I might clone a king tut and a sour kush. I have been reading up on it and stuff. I have clonex gel and will start the seeds in the next 2 weeks or so so i can start the mothers.

Once they get to sufficient size i will clone the tops. I only need about 16 for a friend and 4 for my tent so it wont take long.

Is there anything that you would say I MUST do so that i have success?

I will do the cuttings right with clonex, I have a heating pad and can put them in a warm spot to produce roots etc.

Any additional help (whatever you do don't do this or whatever you do make sure you do this) would be appreciated.

Because trial and error works. I find i learn from errors more and it sets everything back but i still have 4 oz of great weed from harvest #1 and about 8 oz on board in 2 weeks. We are flush with cannabis and I am so happy I have not paid for anything (excluding lights and shit) since August.

And I it will go that way forever now.

:D
Hey, don't think I'm quite a dumbass on this subject but I can't seem to get the hang of it myself. Granted unlike the other posters I'm not taking 100 clones or more a year, I just haven't gotten the right combination yet. That being said the best of luck to you, both of the more senior poster have plenty of experience so take their advice.

G gnome

G gnome

Hey, don't think I'm quite a dumbass on this subject but I can't seem to get the hang of it myself. Granted unlike the other posters I'm not taking 100 clones or more a year, I just haven't gotten the right combination yet. That being said the best of luck to you, both of the more senior poster have plenty of experience so take their advice.

I sed per month not per year haha

420mooch

420mooch

I take a lot every two weeks.
1. Leave your water out for 24hrs previous at room temperature
2. I use Canna Start/Rhizotonic and Great white shark nutrients
3. I use small half inch cubes
4. I inject 10ml of solution directly into Rockwell cube
5. I've never took a cut under water. Never had a problem. I cut the stem at 45 degree angle with scalpel. I also slice gently into the 1st bottom half inch of my clone. Then immediately dip into Clonex. I leave it in there for at least a minute.
6. On the clone I leave two leaves and a leader. I cut the leaves very short. This triggers rooting hormones. Also helps with transpiration off the clone.
7. I have my propagator on top of a heat mate. Set at 78 degrees. I keep my relative humidity between 75-90%. Anything over 90 and I get yellowing of leaves burnt tips and necrosis
My prop temperature I keep between 78 and 82 degrees
8. I then place in prop. Now 99% of people will tell you keep the vents closed for first three days. That has never worked for me. Necrosis sets in as R/H is over 90%. I start cracking my vents from day 1. Aiming to keep R/h under 90%
9. I then take the lids off my props 3x a day round about the same time. I clean condensation off sides of clear lid and out of proporgator base.
10. I keep checking blocks for signs of roots poking out. Usually about 8 days for me.
11. The blocks will dry out before roots have popped. In that instance I slightly touch the bottom of the rock wool cube into my mute solution so the cube just gets damp not wet up.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
420mooch

420mooch

Thanks for the method step by step, appreciated.
Regarding those mothers you've shown, the one on the right with that huge trunk (gotta be pushin an inch in diameter), must be liking that hydro.
Thanks Dan. There both super lemon haze. Coming up to six months old both from seed.
There good to go every two weeks. Each one gives 250-300 a time. 600 watt lumatec digi ballast. SonT dual spectrum bulb on for 24hrs a day. None of my stuff ever sees darkness.
An imminent mother change is on the cards.
I absolutely love bubblers. Used them for ten years now. Twice the growth rate of cocoa
Lot of people raise there eyebrows at the way I do things but it's always worked for me.

dan1989

dan1989

When the old boys (lol) have a debate, that's when they really spill their knowledge. I like reading it even if I don't think I'll use the advice, just makes for a nice read if anything...

dan1989

dan1989

Don't want to seem like I'm challenging anyone so I won't tag, but it is my understanding that these days you need to leave your (tap) water out a LOT longer if the idea is letting chlorine evaporate. Please research this yourself, but I think you'll find that more often chloramine is used instead of chlorine. Chloramine takes a hell of a lot longer to evaporate, hence why it's good for treating water as the drink can sit in the pipes/tank for a longer time without stagnating. Basically 24 hours is a waste of time, unless your area still uses chlorine. Check it out if you don't believe me. I assumed that's why so many people use RO water or whatever...

Top Bottom