Cloning 1week into flowering?

• Thread starter theslums
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theslums

Cloning 1week into flowering? and has anyone ever cloned from a burnt plant?

ok... forst off i have a couple plants that have been burnt by too much phosphate but bottom branches arent affected yet.anyone have any input on this?

i wanted to clone while in veg but didnt have supplies to do so. there 1 week into flowering and alredy showing white stigmas. please ler me know what the outcome would be . would it take longer to revert into veg 1week in? ive heard that if u clone in 3rd week or so u couldnt clone of those plants? thanks

squarepusher

squarepusher

its fine. COuld even clone at week 9 of flower, but the longer in there is a conversion period where it goes back to veg.

devious d

devious d

It is still possible to take clones now, they may take a little longer to get going once they root, but ive done it myself, as quick as you can really so you dont stress the flowing plant to much as well may well slow that down as well but in the first 2 weeks you will get away with it

M

m22

I do it all the time... I have however done this too far into flowering 3-4 weeks and noticed some issues with the genetic line from there.

C

cymbaline

in my limited knowledge I think it's cool to clone up to 4 weeks into flower
as long as you take lower branches. The clones seem to root just as well
up till than, afterwards you start dealing with the cutting needing to convert back from
flower to vegging.
I haven't noticed any stress to the "mothers" when doing this in flowering but again
I'm a noob or is it newb ;) :P

T

theslums

thanks everyone but one more question has anyone ever cloned from a plant that has neut burn? i have a couple plants i wanted to clone from but they have phosphate burn. the lower branches arent affected yet is this safe?

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Watch for gray mold. The burnt leaves are extremely susceptible.

T

theslums

so its ok to cut from healthy branches that arent affected? i have a phosphorus burn and the whole plant didnt get burnt so i wanna cut a few clones. couldnt of been better timing. smh

true grit

true grit

You can clone at any point into flower, just know that once you flipped to 12/12 the plant changes its biology and you will have to take the extra time to revert to vegetative growth. If I take cuts after the flip, I plan on an extra couple weeks or reveg time with funky leaves before healthy cloneable growth/mothers.....

Once you pull cuts and they get rooted and start growing, top early to force newer veg growth and remove any old budsites that were beginning to form.

T

theslums

should i remove bud sites now that were forming? or wait til it starts to grow roots? thanks alot for everyones inout

true grit

true grit

After they are rooted, let them start to show new growth and once you start seeing new shoots is when I pull off budsites/top as needed...

T

theslums

After they are rooted, let them start to show new growth and once you start seeing new shoots is when I pull off budsites/top as needed...

if i cut off top budsite wouldnt that top the plant?? curious

P

pure arghan

Dont want to do that man

You dont want to be taking cuttings when a plant is starting to go into flowering or in flowering, dont beleve all that's said on the farm onfortunetly there are to many people with laptop's that talk about growing, not to say that all farmers talk shit but om just saying that you should ask some one like logic or any outher well astableshed farmer, ie some one that will give you fact's to back up wot there saying, when it comes to growing there are so many difrent ways to grow so you get people giving wrong info ( chines whispers ) sorry for going off on one but getting back to your grow, i have try'd taking cuttiing's 3 days after light times being changed and 1 to 2 weeks into flowering on up to 10 difrent strain's and iv seen the same thing every time and that is that the plant will take at least 2-3 weeks longer to grow ane will! afect the yeld alot, now for some fact's : a plant will change its chemichal struchsure when the seasions change ( light time ) it only takes a plant 2-3 days to know the change, if you change the time back to 18/6 or 24/7 it will take the plant 2/3 weeks to retrun it leve's back to veging again, plus it takes a plant about 3 days to one week to recover from being cut off the mother in veg, so if you look at the fact's its not good for the plant or you the grower waiting to smoke it, in saying that the best way is to find out for your self, so up to you, hope this helps and good luck with all your grow's

P

pure arghan

Dont want to do that man

You dont want to be taking cuttings when a plant is starting to go into flowering or in flowering, dont beleve all that's said on the farm onfortunetly there are to many people with laptop's that talk about growing, not to say that all farmers talk shit but om just saying that you should ask some one like logic or any outher well astableshed farmer, ie some one that will give you fact's to back up wot there saying, when it comes to growing there are so many difrent ways to grow so you get people giving wrong info ( chines whispers ) sorry for going off on one but getting back to your grow, i have try'd taking cuttiing's 3 days after light times being changed and 1 to 2 weeks into flowering on up to 10 difrent strain's and iv seen the same thing every time and that is that the plant will take at least 2-3 weeks longer to grow ane will! afect the yeld alot, now for some fact's : a plant will change its chemichal struchsure when the seasions change ( light time ) it only takes a plant 2-3 days to know the change, if you change the time back to 18/6 or 24/7 it will take the plant 2/3 weeks to retrun it leve's back to veging again, plus it takes a plant about 3 days to one week to recover from being cut off the mother in veg, so if you look at the fact's its not good for the plant or you the grower waiting to smoke it, in saying that the best way is to find out for your self, so up to you, hope this helps and good luck with all your grow's

T

theslums

thanks for input guys. so it will it have a drastic effect in yield and potentcy? i didnt have $$ to get everythin gi neeeded to clone in time.

U

UNCLEJOE

just take yer clones ,,if ya wanna good success rate take them as sooon as ya can ,,as far as yield ,,ya need the clones take em,,you wont miss the bud if the clones are from the bottom,,fair trade,,

potency will not be changed

T

theslums

THANKS IM TALKING ABOUT HTE YIELD OF THE CLONES THAT I TOOK. sorry for caps. will it effect the yield and potency of the plants? guess ill have to find out myself afghan said he tried it many times so ill take it in consideration, but i will have to see. thanks again.

B

Blackthumb

I have seen people do perpetual grows and take all there clones from the plants they have in flower a week or two.

There are a ton of growers who do this to keep there numbers low.
You will be fine.
But just for your own evidence take a cut and see what happens ;)

Good luck.

B

Backward_Z

I had something like this come up recently. Flipped my plants to 12/12 and then decided I didn't have enough room for everything so maybe three or four days into 12/12 I put them with the other moms and have been taking clones...

The first couple of rounds so far have had some clones that are starting to want to flower as soon as they root but several weeks on it looks like the situation is improving.

Latest posts

Top Bottom