• Thread starter theslums
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theslums

aright there about a week old and showing new growth. no roots yet though

T

theslums

its been about 11days and still no roots yet? does it usually take this long if u clone during flowering? the temp in the dome is about 85degrees above the base

beezleb878

beezleb878

In my experience, which is quite limited, yes it takes longer as you are revegging a clone from flower mode and wanting to root at the same time.

as long as your cut is alive and water temps are in check it will happen and when it does, it will be quick when it does but can take awhile. I believe the first time I did was almost 3 weeks or so.

With all that said, I am not overly experienced.

K

keebzy

Premium Member
Supporter
Personally I have a better success rate with my cuts at 7-12 days after 12/12, and the only thing I notice is the amount of pre-flowers that show on the clone...I got 6
L.A. x OG cuts I took 8 days ago they are showing roots now...and she is on day 18...Id try it for yourself, I wouldn't think as long as it's not "BUDDING" it shouldn't slow the process down and if so not by much...Good Luck

T

theslums

i got an ak47 clone thats showing a couple roots now after 12days. yeaaa! thanks for the info guys

C

Calijoe

U can clone in any stage it just takes a little longer for them to revert into veg mode

J

Jalisco Kid

You dont want to be taking cuttings when a plant is starting to go into flowering or in flowering, dont beleve all that's said on the farm onfortunetly there are to many people with laptop's that talk about growing, not to say that all farmers talk shit but om just saying that you should ask some one like logic or any outher well astableshed farmer, ie some one that will give you fact's to back up wot there saying, when it comes to growing there are so many difrent ways to grow so you get people giving wrong info ( chines whispers ) sorry for going off on one but getting back to your grow, i have try'd taking cuttiing's 3 days after light times being changed and 1 to 2 weeks into flowering on up to 10 difrent strain's and iv seen the same thing every time and that is that the plant will take at least 2-3 weeks longer to grow ane will! afect the yeld alot, now for some fact's : a plant will change its chemichal struchsure when the seasions change ( light time ) it only takes a plant 2-3 days to know the change, if you change the time back to 18/6 or 24/7 it will take the plant 2/3 weeks to retrun it leve's back to veging again, plus it takes a plant about 3 days to one week to recover from being cut off the mother in veg, so if you look at the fact's its not good for the plant or you the grower waiting to smoke it, in saying that the best way is to find out for your self, so up to you, hope this helps and good luck with all your grow's

i have try'd taking cuttiing's 3 days after light times being changed and 1 to 2 weeks into flowering on up to 10 difrent strain's and iv seen the same thing every time and that is that the plant will take at least 2-3 weeks longer to grow ane will! afect the yeld alot,

Tell me how taking a cut in flowering will eventually effect your yield. JK

T

theslums

PLANTING CLONES TODAY A FEw DIDNT ROOT YET BUT THERE STILL vegging? its been about 18days now

420king-MASSES

here ya go 9 revegged kings kush clones took 2 weeks into 12/12 i had roots showing 8 days later and they had a total of 30 days in reveg before being flipped 100% clone success rate
natural_medicines_001.jpg

T

theslums

nice nice yea it takes pretty long to revert. i need to get a camera so i can take pics ill take some soon

T

theslums

can i flip back to 24hr veg if i just switched it last night? i have to leave this weekend and no ones gonna be here. when the light comes on i put in with my flowering plants, after light goes off they go back under flouresent with clones. im using two 40watt bulbs for my clones.

T

theslums

here ya go 9 revegged kings kush clones took 2 weeks into 12/12 i had roots showing 8 days later and they had a total of 30 days in reveg before being flipped 100% clone success rate
natural_medicines_001.jpg

what kinda light u using for cloning and veg? i used two 40watt florescent for cloning (probably y it took so long) and i out them in my flowerng room for veg and the last 6hrs back under the florescent.

inconvenience but were on a BUDGET. i need to get some CFL lights.

T

theslums

i still have some clones in tray after prob 20days with about 2 long tap roots and ican see little roots forming through the cube i want to plant because its been so long but wanna wait until they show on all sides or atleast 3 sides

F

farmerjohn

Don't confuse rooting cuttings with vegging. No plant is going to do both @ the same time. Add to that the time needed for a cutting taken in flowering to begin vegetative growth & it takes some time to get going. If a cutting is showing vegetative growth, it has rooted. Maybe not sufficiently for full light exposure, but the growth is proof of roots, even if you don't see them.

T

theslums

yea i kno that farmerjohn thanks but its been soo long. i think its because the cubes are soaked in water compared to squeezing out excess water. reason is i have water in the bottom of the tray for the rooted clones. dont have another heating pad for other tray

Top Bottom