CLONING: A pictorial guide to what I do that works.

• Thread starter TheTommyK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
spacebomb

spacebomb

I was always thought that 2,nodes have to be burried! I thought that the roots grew from there, not just the cut? Thanks man eh .I should get more strikes now ta:-).

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Check the pics .... that's exactly what i do, and it works.
I am so happy that some of the more experience farmers have added sound advise as well as more info/reasons environmentally for success.

spacebomb

spacebomb

I use a little 25,watt heat mat also under my prop. It stays nice and warm to speed the rooting up a little. And spray my prop lid to keep the humidity at a nice 80%.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

I have my clones on the top shelf of my veg room. the temp is a few deg warmer up there as well as the CFL give off some heat.

spacebomb

spacebomb

Yeah, that's what I like about props, basikly stick 'em anywere and only need a little light. At first,.

spacebomb

spacebomb

Ever used formulex on your fully rooted cuts? . Its a fine product imho, you can foliar, or root drench. I like to use it 1time as a foliar and just a few times in the water. Its just a mild NUTE really but it makes clones, seedlings look super healthy and green. Again in my experience. Its not cheap tho.

bevin

bevin

I've found that with the peat pellets, if you surround them with perlite the roots tend to get baseball size after 14 days, I have been trying alot of other methods that have failed each time or have had very low success. But an way I typically do the same thing you are doing but I place my cuts into labled red dixie cups full of water with very little hydrogen peroxide mixed in. I use clonex for my rooting compound, Ive heard hunny works also am gonna try it soon. And then I use a colinder to wet my perlite and put it in around my peat pellets, massive root explosion. Try it out.

Bannacis

Bannacis

The carbo feed works along with cutting back on the nitrogen. and i cut lower tops and never the main tops of branches. unless you dont plan on flowering her.
with my supercropping, i have multiple clone cuttings during the LST and cropping.which gives me my starts for my flowering,indoor and out.
Plus I have new mothers and some for friends. Then she is ready for flowering and already trained to be spread out. change lights...
on first clone cutting you keep a couple for mothers, after you take more cuttings and be near to flowering her out, your clones should be large enough (with LST and super cropping) to be mothers.
Then you have a perpetual garden, with fresh mothers every season.
But supercropping is not for everyone...or every strain.
And of course practice makes perfect...better at growing and always learning. what works for one may not work for another. The Enviormental Variable Elements ( EVE ) must be at optimum.

The green is always grasser on the other side...:D

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

DSC 0227

All are looking good

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Here are some shots 10 days after. the roots are now becoming visible in the tray.
I potted half of the clones ..... I will pot the other half Today (15 days)

I made a brutal mistake of placing my tray in a window which was WAYYYYYYYY to hot. it kinda steamed the baby girls. These are before the window mistake .... I may lose half of them, but they are amazingly bouncing back!!!! will see.

DSC 0244

DSC 0247

DSC 0250

DSC 0251

DSC 0257

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Here are some pics of the potted clones
DSC 0269

DSC 0270

here are the "steamed" girls ..... not the best, but, they will survive.
DSC 0274

DSC 0274

DSC 0276

DSC 0276
vaporedout

vaporedout

they did get a bit crunchy. i wanted to stop in and say thanks!! i did my first clone run and im 5 days in. your tutorial got me through my first cloning. so thanks for taking the time to make this tutorial.

-vape

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Dude .... thanks!!! in my real life, I am an instructor for a Specific computer program (sorry for the vagueness) .... and I write instructional material to teach it with. As long as its welcome, ... I will post more like that, as I become more knowledgeable. The first thing I learned was cloning .... so I feel comfortable with posting that (without being a pro gardener) Please let me know if you think there is better "verb-age" or pics that would help clarify things ....

vaporedout

vaporedout

the only thing i would change is dipping the clone into the container. i know its a long shot for contamination but since your using powder id assume after a few runs of clones you might get a little moisture from the cuttings and that may make powder balls. ive never used powder so i dunno. other than that it was exactly what i was looking for. never knew where to cut the clones, so that helped out a lot. i cant remember who it was but a female grower here showed a different way to cut the stems. instead of a 45 she cut it down the middle to make legs (kinda) then she cut it on the side of the two stems. she then would have two huge roots coming out of those two "legs". i didnt do that because my stems were tiny, but i guess with fat ones it works. ill try looking for that post later, or if anyone knows what or who im talking about maybe they can post the link.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

somewhere in this post .... the split is mentioned. Someone else also mentioned that the rooting hormone is not necessary and that the 80deg is the key. Personally i am going to continue the way I have been (because it works for me) but i am going to try 3 experiments, twice;
1) 45deg split and rooting whoremoan (tee hee call me a pig, but I like when they do )
2) 45 deg and no rooting hormone
3) 45deg, split and no rooting hormone

I am going to repeat all of this twice (sigh) one at 80deg and again with the temp below 80 ..... its the engineer ... errr uhhh, I meant gardener in me.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

SHITTTTT one more variable ...

4) 45deg, split and rooting hormone

bevin

bevin

I ju.st tried some local honey on 3 cuts today. will let you all know how it worked.

Top Bottom