Cloning experiences and tips sharing thread

• Thread starter StaticEmmanuel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StaticEmmanuel

StaticEmmanuel

Hello everyone, first of all thanks to everyone here for sharing their knowledge and good vibes 😎 all around the forum very happy to be here.
I’m stating this tread in hopes that you guys will share pictures and details about how you guys clone, propagate .
Meaning details on how you dialed in your set up and problems you had encounter and how you fixed those or got pass them.
Thanks in advanced to anyone sharing their experiences.
Peace ✌️
Emmanuel

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
My clone growing exp has been horrible. I'll probably just grow from seed from now on I sunscorched and overwatered yet it still lives. Lol hopefully others have better experience than me.

StaticEmmanuel

StaticEmmanuel

My clone growing exp has been horrible. I'll probably just grow from seed from now on I sunscorched and overwatered yet it still lives. Lol hopefully others have better experience than me.
Yeah I’m not good at it neither that’s why I started this tread hopefully I will get full of pictures and experiences so people can come later read on and absorb the knowledge and be more confident and successful when trying again. ✌️

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
This is my clone now. It's flowering pretty good but I stressed it into that. Lol just to show others that you can bring one to the brink of death and still come out with some bud. Lol but yea seed only for me from now on.

20230513 165746
T

Trae1170

These are my opinions and what I do... I do not consider this the only or best method......... With that said.. The biggest things that I have learned cloning is:
  • choosing a mother plant that is at least 6 weeks old, normally I choose my clones about a week before I plan to change Mothers into Flower
  • cut stem at an angle, lightly scrap the skin from the stem to provide more surface area below the outer skin, dip in liquid root compound or unprocessed honey
  • clip off all leaves except 1 set, clip the tips off the set you keep. (this will tell the plant to start making roots instead of supplying energy to the leaves.)
  • Make sure the soil is damp, insert clone into soil between 2" - 4" (depending how large your clone is), I generally try to cut my clones at a length of 5" - 8".
  • Lightly pack dirt around the stem to provide some security
  • Lightly water the first day, place a dome over the plant for the first 5 days to give the roots time to start growing (without a dome to generate humidity, they will go limp and shrivel up within 24 hrs.)
  • each day pull the dome off for about 10 minutes , spray some water in the dome and place back on the plant
    • I use t5 fluorescent for my seedlings and clones, 10" away
    • I do not spray my clones, this will slow their root growing
    • for the first week I feed at half strength of what the Mothers are getting and then bump it up to full strength
    • I always use a coco/perlite soiless mix

Thanks for reading. Peace

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I use an aerocloner. It's not the only way, but its a good way. My success rate has been 100% in getting roots although sometimes I decide to pitch a clone for one reason or another. Here's a picture of a clone just out of the cloner ...

Clone with roots

freezeland2

freezeland2

I use an aerocloner. It's not the only way, but its a good way. My success rate has been 100% in getting roots although sometimes I decide to pitch a clone for one reason or another. Here's a picture of a clone just out of the cloner ...

View attachment 1981022
I always get a 100% from my ez cloner. Sometimes takes two weeks, but with patience and maintaining ph and reservoir temp they eventually will all root.

StaticEmmanuel

StaticEmmanuel

I always get a 100% from my ez cloner. Sometimes takes two weeks, but with patience and maintaining ph and reservoir temp they eventually will all root.
What temperature and what PH you keep yours at ?
I see most people are not filling in the details that actúa matter ✌️🙏
Everyone needs to imagine they are explaining this to a novice and include the details of their procedure.
Thanks so much to everyone for sharing their experiences please keep doing so
Peace ✌️

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I've rooted other types of plants, but have never been able to clone a cannabis plant. Just before I saw this thread, I tried again. I don't expect it to work, but it's worth a try. It's nice to know it's possible, though. 😁

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Everyone needs to imagine they are explaining this to a novice and include the details of their procedure.
Peace ✌️
I use distilled water. I add clear-rez per the instructions on the bottle. Rooting gel on the cuttings exactly as described in one of the posts above. Some people pH adjust and I suppose that's fine but I don't bother since I start with distilled. Aero-cloner success rates are 100% or very near that for me and everyone I know of.

@BigBlonde if you're serious about cloning, a 16 site aero-cloner can be found for around $100 last I checked.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Peace ✌️
70 - 75 degrees with a ph of 5.8

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

@BigBlonde if you're serious about cloning, a 16 site aero-cloner can be found for around $100 last I checked.
Thanks. I just looked on Amazon and didn't see cloners for $100.

Cloning is not high on my agenda. I still have much to learn about growing from seed. That's my focus now. I certainly can give cloning some thought, though. Every time I trim branches, I think it would be nice to make a few clones. So far, I've tried and failed about half a dozen times. I've wondered if I might be using the wrong type of rooting hormone for cannabis. Of course, I'm probably doing it wrong, as well.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks. I just looked on Amazon and didn't see cloners for $100.

Cloning is not high on my agenda. I still have much to learn about growing from seed. That's my focus now. I certainly can give cloning some thought, though. Every time I trim branches, I think it would be nice to make a few clones. So far, I've tried and failed about half a dozen times. I've wondered if I might be using the wrong type of rooting hormone for cannabis. Of course, I'm probably doing it wrong, as well.
Not likely as far as the rooting hormone. It's probably something in the process you're using. Anyway, here's a 24 site cloner for $105 on Amazon.

Cloning is an excellent way to get full value out of every seed since you can take 1 seed and then run hundreds of clones off the mother.

Latest posts

Top Bottom