Cloning feminized seeds yes or no?

• Thread starter Flowerpower420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Flowerpower420

Hi folks, as title suggests is it possible to clone fem seeds?

I'm in love with the strain im currently growing, thing is barneys farm only supplies this particular strain in fem seeds only,

What are your thoughts on "super cropping" and using the offshoots as clones for my next run?

Ive read on genetic degradation and how clones lose their genetic makeup the further away from original seed but theres also contradictory articles to this, Someone i know has done this and had no issues but his yeilds are not as impressive as his original from seed.

My local hydro shop says its absolutely NOT possible to clone fem seeds but they also have a sister shop for seeds so this might be a trick to keep me going back for seeds every time.

Has anyone on here ever kept cloning fem seeds for run after run with any issues or diminished harvests or hermies etc?

Thanks in advance people

Peace out ✌️

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi folks, as title suggests is it possible to clone fem seeds?

I'm in love with the strain im currently growing, thing is barneys farm only supplies this particular strain in fem seeds only,

What are your thoughts on "super cropping" and using the offshoots as clones for my next run?

Ive read on genetic degradation and how clones lose their genetic makeup the further away from original seed but theres also contradictory articles to this, Someone i know has done this and had no issues but his yeilds are not as impressive as his original from seed.

My local hydro shop says its absolutely NOT possible to clone fem seeds but they also have a sister shop for seeds so this might be a trick to keep me going back for seeds every time.

Has anyone on here ever kept cloning fem seeds for run after run with any issues or diminished harvests or hermies etc?

Thanks in advance people

Peace out ✌️
Feminized seeds produce female plants...period....If you are going to clone off them you'll get female plants anyone who tells you different is bonkers. I buy fem seeds and clone off them until I've had enough of that strain and I want to try something else " diminished harvests or hermies etc?" not that I've seen...I don't keep mothers I keep rotating them. Grow one out clone, off her, let her babies grow then flip the mom and clone off one of the children to keep the strain going.

mjab702

mjab702

I had the same issue.. Took 2 clones off the desired plant, get some silver thiosulfate, spray 1 plant with said siilver thiosulfate once every 3 days.That plant will term ??FEM/Male?? the sprayed plant will form nanners, Pollinate them together.I just kept the 2 plants in the same tent and in 5 to 6 weeks, voila bunches of those fem seeds.

F

Flowerpower420

Also, supercropping has zero to do with cloning. It's a technique to maintain an even canopy..
Ok so after day 21 of flower when i remove excess foliage and any offshoots that wont reach the top of the canopy. Is this called supercropping? If so could i use these "offshoots" and clone them?

F

Flowerpower420

Feminized seeds produce female plants...period....If you are going to clone off them you'll get female plants anyone who tells you different is bonkers. I buy fem seeds and clone off them until I've had enough of that strain and I want to try something else " diminished harvests or hermies etc?" not that I've seen...I don't keep mothers I keep rotating them. Grow one out clone, off her, let her babies grow then flip the mom and clone off one of the children to keep the strain going.
Awesome bro thanks so much for clearing that up 👍😁

Madmax

Madmax

Ok so after day 21 of flower when i remove excess foliage and any offshoots that wont reach the top of the canopy. Is this called supercropping? If so could i use these "offshoots" and clone them?
Your close..i think you meant monster cropping .taking cuttings from flower.they will stop growing and will take weeks to revert back to veg..once that happens there will b branches galore for you to train..its best to take your cuttings just before you flip..

F

Flowerpower420

Your close..i think you meant monster cropping .taking cuttings from flower.they will stop growing and will take weeks to revert back to veg..once that happens there will b branches galore for you to train..its best to take your cuttings just before you flip..
Hahaha yeah 🤣 i knew it was "_____cropping" obviously i picked the wrong word. Thats why i dont play roulette, 50/50 and i always pick the wrong one hahahaha. Cheers mate 👍

Heywood

Heywood

Hahaha yeah 🤣 i knew it was "_____cropping" obviously i picked the wrong word. Thats why i dont play roulette, 50/50 and i always pick the wrong one hahahaha. Cheers mate 👍

Haha. No problem.

But as Madmax states, you'd be better off taking cuttings to make clones before you flip to flower.

When you go into flower, the plants hormones change to support that phase. If you clone from flowering, then have them go back to veg, the hormones have to revert and you can get some weird results... and sometimes not the ones you are hoping for.

F

Flowerpower420

Right ok awesome. Ive never attempted this before so thanks guys for the heads up on the right way of doing it. Im just so glad thats its possible to clone as im totally in love with this particular strain and with the price increases on EVERYTHING these days its good to know that this is somewhere i can save a little on costs 😁 ✌️

Top Bottom