Cloning For Newbies Or Anyone Having Trouble

• Thread starter skillzd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
skillzd

skillzd

ok. Yes I am a bit new at the whole cloning thing too. But I've wasted some money on expensive cloning gels that MANY referd me to. Ok so. Before you go buying stuff. The EASIEST AND CHEAPEST way to start clones if you have never done it. MAINLY FOR SIDE CLIPPINGS. TOPS ARENT INCLUDED NOR EXLUDED This may or not work well with Tops. I've been have trouble with my top but doesn't mean it's cus of this method yet. First thing Is to take your clipping branch and slice it off I slice it off with a razor blade flush with the drum. The dip it in some water imediately And trim off the extra lower leaves but leave one set of Fan leaves closest to the top so the clone can pull in the energy stored in them until the roots starts and can pull in nutrients for the plant Ok so after you dip in water and let sit there while you trim it up. Dip it into the ROOTING POWDER. Then stick it down in some loose coco. Dry loose coco so it's very airy and Lois for the roots to easily push out through. Then water it with Bottled water at a normal PH I like using bottled water. Less work and seems to have good results. But I'm sure any PHd water will do fine. After a few days I like to check them and see how much powder is left after spraying the leaves and watering. If it has no powder left I put a bit more on sometimes depending on wether the stem is still smooth green. Or it's getting bumpy and whitish yellow with a hard feeling. Roots should come through shortly after. "Not all of them do this" Just keep an eye on them. Make sure your spray is perfectly PHd water. Or you will kill it very fast. The leaves can not handle high or low PH. Since I use bottle water I don't know what range it will handle. My PH meter broke and I knew the water where we buy 5gal for $12 for the container and water and the $1.46 to refill EVERYTIME. Can't beat that price for watering with PHd water without having to check it much. Anyways. I tried other ways. I even tried a Cloner. It misted the stems and roots would show. I hated it but I was using hard water also and that was why they weren't rooting Climbers work good. If you have MOney or the stuff to make one the. Great. By all means. Try both ways and see which you like. Clients are IMO the most effiecent way to clone cause you can make it clone however many you want at a time. The coco is a bit more tedious and you can plant as many as you want but they will be more spread out. So more lights need spread out. But if your a newbie. WHEN YOU CUT OFF ANY TRIMMINGS ALONG THE WAY AND YOUR MAYBE GET SOME to Root. What's it hurt to try and practice with small little branches that really aren't usually rooted. But why not. Ya get more plants out of each seed The small one I posted a pic of has one small root popping through. It actually is the second time this root has grown . I broke one off when I wiped some dirt away and then it grew back again anyways in a day or two and the. I checked on it and took the picture. I don't know if anyone clones these small little branches. But let me know if someone does and if there are any problems with growing it out. I wouldn't see why. May take longer in Veg tho. But there you have it. CLONING MADE CHEAP AND EASY. I tried Clonex and another gel and I didn't have any root at all. The guy said soak them in it. So I did. And not one rooted I was determined so tried a second time with a few clones and same thing. None rooted. So I tried some powder and Coco. Every single one of them has rooted. Except for the Tops. I have t been having very good luck with those so I'm thinking of trying to cloning Gel with the tops to see if that's why. It may be water tho. THIS INFO IS NOT MEANT TO MISLEAD ANYONE. Not my opinions. Just something that has worked from experience. So here ya go. Any newbies need help. Try it

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

You lost me at........ "ok. Yes I am a bit new at the whole cloning thing too." lol

The rest of it eventually just trailed off to some unbeknownst realm of ganja smoke that I was exhaling.

But all bullshit aside.....I honestly don't see how this post can help anyone....it's soooooooo all over the place that it's hard to follow and makes no sense.

skillzd

skillzd

Sorry guys. That wasn't suppose to post. Lmfao. I was typing it over like the last few days in between things and even lost myself. I never even meant to post it as a thread. Don't know how it happened Oh well. I'll try to edit it best I can. Lmfao. Wow.

skillzd

skillzd

Well I can't edit it now. Shit. Lol.

But basically if you could imagine t like this.

I was typing a list of things I was going to add into a more organized post.

But basically I had it all spaced out like I'm doing here in this post. And then j was going to organize it all into seperate subjects.

I get really busy with work so I type my thoughts down during the day in between things.

Sorry guys. Guess everyone can smoke one and laugh at this. Oh. Well
Damn. I didn't even get a chance to spell check the freaking thing. I'm confused reading it

skillzd

skillzd

I guess I'll try to better write the info here in the posts.
I'm going to make it short and to the point tho. If your new to cloning and ONLY A FEW at a time.
Take your cuttings.
Set in water imediately.
Trim up growth and
leave one set of fan leaves
this is important because they have energy
stored that the clone will need to survive
until roots form
Take out of water
Dip in Powder. up to the node you trimmed
Set in Damp Coco Coir
In anywhere from 3-10 days you should see roots start to form. If you keep the Coco loose you can gentle pull them out and check them. But k don't recommend doing this until you have rooted a hand full atleast and you get the feel for the roots and how they grab the soil If you feel that. Don't pull it out! It's more common sense and cloning is something you learn by experience and you get a feel for it.

Also. Yes I said that I am A BIT new to cloning. I've only started cloning 9mnths ago I think. And I bought powder and didn't like it. Then bought the clonex and a few others. Made a Cloner that worked great but I just hated it for only a few clones at a time. When I switched to using COCO COIR for my medium. I tried rooting with powder again and every clone that was a cutting from the side of a plant rooted. 100% success so far for cuttings. Tops are a different story. Not sure what the issue is yet but the tops are not rooting this way as of now. I will post when and if I figure out why these few did not. As far as cuttings. Here's a pic of a super tiny cutting that I can not believe rooted. And then a few pics One of a clone that's doing good but not ready to top or trim anything yet. The other I have already topped once for manifolding and the new shoots are doing well. And then the third I just topped it yesterday so it's not growing much now that I topped it. The new growth hasn't slowed down to much tho. So it's ok I think.

skillzd

skillzd

Thanks for understanding tho everyome. Honestly I left a forum I loved because of an asshole elder grower that was paranoid I mentioned trading seeds and he freaked out on me and called me a cop and said that I was sketchy cus some of my posts were contradicting.

I explained that yes I type fast and sometimes when I type didn't It comes out did it Stuff like that was happening and I was super busy and did let always catch it. See like that. I didn't correct it when my phone auto typed
DID LET. INSTEAD OF DIDNT.
Anyways. I explained that. And I also explained that t should be no big deal to trade seeds. Or spores for shrooms. We should be passing them around and sharing. Why should we buy them when our fellow growers can swap and trade and ITS LEGAL. Just don't discuss growing the seeds you trade. Trade them as souvenirs just like the seed banks do. And spores are also legal and I've been trying to find someone with those but afraid to ask anywhere on forums. Spore prints are easily made by anyone who has some growing or some fresh shrooms. You can look at them under a microscope to make sure they are the spores they say they are Anyways

Thank you to everyone who was understanding and patient wth me to fix my mess of a post. And thank you all for sticking around and not being ignorant about a mistake. Tha k you very much and I will remember the kindness

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Btw, it's all still federally illegal. Federal trump state, state trumps County/city, all trumps the general public.

ken dog

ken dog

@skillzd ... you might want to check out the rules, and the rules explicitly state that there is no trading or selling or anything of the sort going on in these forums... And that doing so, could result in an immediate ban... So please, review the rules... Nobody wants anyone banned.:)

skillzd

skillzd

No I'm not talking about here for one. Two. The kne I'm am talking about they even have a trading section and complete threads on sharing and giving seeds away. Sorry I guess I should have mentioned that so it was better understood. On that particular forum you were permitted to trade outside of the forum and there were many posts about trading and giving away stuff like that. But no selling is permitted. Here idk. And I don't care. If someone wants to share then there's other places we can safely discuss that off this site. But thanks for the tip tho. And again. Thanks for being polite and nice about it as well. A trait that does not go unnoticed by myself

skillzd

skillzd

I have to look it up to find it and show you but the seeds themselves are suppos overly legal federally as well because of a loop hole. That's why seed banks can ship them here now. Someone was trying to show me but it was a lot to read about But spores are completely legal federally and state ONLY has spores Or research material. Use of spores to grow is illegal of course. I think the seed loop hole was something about the way the laws were written that cannabis parts containing THC are illegal to grow or possess. Something similar to that. To which. Seeds. Make stems or roots. Would not be. We used to joke that they made it so it's legal. It's legal only if you could some how grow the plant with no leaves or buds. Lol. It was a joke k. High school. Kind of dumb. But about a year ago someone was trying to show me how they sell and ship seeds to the US now without any issues. I said it's because they ship discreetly. But he was trying to show me that there's something that allows them to ship them. But customs will throw them away if found. So that's why he believed they shipped them discreetly. Idk. I don't have time to research it all and don't care. I won't ask for seeds on here or anywhere else. It's just a shame that a few of us could be swapping and not having to pay all that cash out. But I'm also seeing with cloning. It pretty easy to not have to buy seeds very often

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

The only loop hole in fed terms is a prison sentence. Period. Don't let local laws fool you. Feds don't fuck around. If they want you, your screwed!!!!

skillzd

skillzd

You got that right! But yeah I'll have to find that again cause who knows. One of the growers on here may be saved by the info one day. the guy that was showing me said something about it saved him from a mountain of fines but he wasn't facing jail so I don't know. He wouldn't go into detail about his life experience tho.

I'll see if I can find the same article he showed me cause I'll know right what to point out Its only been a year. Lol. I should remember better than I can

Keekee

Keekee

Cloning for me has always been humidity humidity humidity.Soon as i get a good high humidity nothing stops em from rooting.I stopped using cloning powder or gel with awesome result,long as it was humid as i could get the dome or whatever you use they were busting out.

skillzd

skillzd

I've never used a dome or anything for the Side clipping clones. But the tops I think that's needed here. I think it's a humidity issue with the tops actually cause the last week it as been rainy and hot and humidity was extreme outside. We live in an RV so humidity rises inside easier. Anyways. I have a top in Coco now and it seems to be doing well so far so I think it will root and be ok. But since the others were in the same spot before this week and died They turned all mooshy and slimy so I threw them out of course. But I'm thinking the Tops need more humidity to root properly. It's weird kind of. I can get these little tiny tiny cuttings that shouldn't root at all. But I've gotten them to root. But j can't get a thick beautiful green Top cutting to root. Weird right. You'd think if the side cutting root the. The tops should too. WHATS THE DIFFERENCE. I thought New growth will root fast?

ken dog

ken dog

Make sure you use a very sharp and clean blade when you cut your cuttings... That makes all the difference.

Top Bottom