cloning in cali? cant root shit here dont get it!!!

• Thread starter thetreegrowerrr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hylife

Ok heres how you take clones with success. Throw your rockwool starter cubes away those are only acceptable for seedlings or clones taken from an aeroponic cloner. Go get some Rapid Rooters and your choice of cloning gel. Cut the clone off the plant at a 45 degree angle and cut directly up the bottom of the stem about a half an inch. Then take your razor and gently scrape the sides of the stem on the bottom, exposing the tissue underneath the outer wall. Then dip your clone once into your gel (dont get a lot of gel on there, it will suffocate potential roots) let your clone sit in a dome and keep the humidity above 90%. You should have a very good success rate.

C

CaliConnoisseuR

First & foremost, sounder like he's pretty well versed in growing, I dont think it's you or your methods. I honestly think it has to do with the new mothers. I'm going to assume you got then locally, from a club or patient vendor? If you did, the chances are you got a watered down cutt from a overly weathered mother. That's the downside too california clone stock, gotta shuffle thru alota front's & lies to get to the gold. It's sadly become more about the $$$ then sharing prized, head stash genetics. This is why i highly respect people like motarbel, who is one of a handful that are properly preserving & creating new lines.

Anyways, if that isn't the verdict then your probably just trying to hard, sit back & let them do there thing. From your description of the swollen stalk, I think tomuch moisture is being applied to the medium,which is always the case with rockwool if your not conservative. I use small dixie cups filled with ph treated coco,any Rhizotonic ( any root excel will work), always cut ur selection at an angle & provide small slits for the rooting hormone. I'll even givem them a small foiliar feed with a minimal dose of Earthjuice-Microblast, I use no dome & get a 100% success rate in 1-2 week, depending on strain! You can even use hydrogen peroxide in extremely small amounts to ensure a sterile growing environment. Hope this helps, best of luck & keep it simple man, just give water when they ask for it(drooping) & more so to her foliage then the medium!

CC

Top Bottom