Cloning trouble!!

• Thread starter Tomkins2010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

Where are the clones going after they are rooted ?
I thought I might stick them back in the Aerogarden and veg them a couple more weeks while I finish flowering the one I have in my tent. Once that's done I'll put MH bulb back in. The final home for them will likely be Pro-Mix in 3 gallon bags. I don't have room for multiple hydro set ups my tent is only 32x32. Unless I went with a med sized 6 site set up???

dire wolf

dire wolf

Just asking because i wouldent want you to get right back into the situation your clones were in, i've had great luck just moving the clones into a large 16 oz plastic cup with pro mix, its a nice soft transition when the roots start poking out and if you hand mist the cups with a gentle spray, they will get strong fast.

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

UPDATE!!! One of them has already developed white dots on the stem as if she's fixing to try rooting.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Love that feeling......
Everytime i see roots sprouting, i start singing that stupid britney spears song "oops i did it again " and my wife starts looking at me and says "what the f#*ck is wrong with you"

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

Dude I'm goin through same shit. Especially since I'm new so I'm constantly fucking with it. Says "i wish you'd get that excited about me" like oh honey I love u most.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Haaaa, too funny
I been doing this for over 30 years, the other day my wife said, you gotta get this shit outta here already, then the room got all quiet and turned into a clint eastwood western movie and i gave her a look.... and she said "oh f*&uck" it and walked away
She knows she aint gonna ever win this one.........

dire wolf

dire wolf

Get ready......
20191022 162001

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

One thing to add to all the great advice you got, yea soaking wet rapid rooter type plugs are not going to work out well, so the pro mix idea is nice, but never soaking or too wet,

And the humidity dome is important to a point, if youve been going 7 days already,
You should see root soon, but im comfortable with 10 or even 14 days sometimes

Each strain and circumstance is different, like really different, some will pop in 4 or 5 days, some take longer,
MY main point is that if you can see your roots poping out, you should / must slowly remove the humidity dome....

Maybe 2 hrs a day increasing, to most of the day, that will signal the plant that you are not being its friend anymore in a comfy zone, and that she must start pumping out the roots on her own.....

Best bet, next time get a cimple clone tray and plastic holders, pop rapid rooters in tray , wait 4/5 days, mist frequently and remove the lid towards the end to encourage plant to enter the real world......

Really easy

key word MIST it's too easy to over wet, or as I do, use a eye dropper

Top Bottom