Closed Column Bho

• Thread starter Tearsofshiva
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tearsofshiva

What's happening good people,

My first time running BHO and I bought a closed column and shatter-vac with heat sleeve. I have a few batches of frosty trim/shake that will fill my column. I also have some old buds that were left in jars for about 1 year unnoticed and when I opened them they smelled moldy. When examining them they look absolutely beautiful goLd and covered in trichomes!! What a shame... From whatever read the smell is anaerobic bacteria and the flower cannot be smoked. Can I blast this too? Again, this is my first run ever so any advice is much appreciated. Peace!

Graywolf

Graywolf

There are a couple different classes of mold that get involved with cannabis, one living on living tissue and the other composting dead tissue.

Bothrytis and Powdery Mildew are examples of the first and Aspergillus an example of the latter.

The first doesn't produce known aflatoxins, though some people can have a Type I allergic reaction to Bothrytis spores and filaments. With those you can extract and redissolve it in alcohol, and filter it to 0.2 microns to remove all the spores, filaments, and even bacteria.

The composting molds like Aspergillus, typically from poor curing and storage, do produce aflatoxins, which can't be filtered out, so are best tossed.

D

dabarino

I know it's a waste and kinda of hard to throw away at the end but you could always blast it for the experience both using your closed column and purging... seeing how you don't have much experience with your new equipment... that's what I would do at least

Top Bottom