Closet grow ventilation.

• Thread starter Kmosh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ventalation in older houses usally have the vents on front and back end of roof,sofit vents are there they just didnt grate them in most states,in texas here we do have some that have roof vents that are on timers,when i redone roof on last house,i put rig vent,then all soffits had grates were you can clean them,between rafters a sheet of plastic that shaped like corrugated steel,then blow 2 ft insulation in that bitch if you want ,still breaths,if those vent on old house or newer house arent working right your electric bill will shol enough show you and if you have mold there you would smell it in the house,i can walk into any house and smell that musk,lot hurricanes were i live contractors will chesse dick a job on material and burn honest folk,i can tell,only house i crawled threw that had attic mold was in a flood zone,first it will walk up the walls then attic,so cabin or not,mobile homes too,it will have the plastic between rafters and exhaust out the ends or stacks.
my last closet grow i opened a hole like mentioned looking like a attic entrance,ran exhaust into attic and same hole with it had another vent pulling air into the room from sofit with a scrubber,worked great,during serious summer i got back up and split into the ac vent with a y pipe and ran ac right to closet also

K

Kmosh

Thanks for all the replys, sadly i dont have an attic or that would have been my first go to. Im not sure what to do here i guess exhausting air into the wall is a bad idea, i kinda knew it was.
I plan on growing in a tent with led lights so i can try just keeping the door to the closet open most of the time unless i put vents in the door, i wanted it to be a stealth grow.
I only plan on doing 2 or 3 good size plants in the tent .i can get some pictures of the space tomorrow.

basscaptain

basscaptain

the wall isn.t going to work unless you go all the way to the out side somehow...... there is blocking in the walls so you only have a space of 16"x4' or so

K

Kmosh

Yea i have a few fans and an inline fan with a carbon filter, hopefully there will be enough air flow maybe im just over thinking it. I dont really want the door open all the time but ill have to unless i cut out some vents.ill set everything up tomarrow and post some pictures

Top Bottom