Club 315 Cmh

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

Look at this. The sidelight plants reaching into direct light and only those areas affected. This pic was taken right after a neem oil/saponin/aloe foliar IPM. I want to mention saponin is an insane contact killer. Kills everything on contact. Knocks fungus gnats out the air if they fly through the mist and pretty much dissolves them. I do know I'm fighting potassium issues. I'm lowering inputs to water only and coconut water.

I will probably make an EWC/Kelp meal slurry and remulch with cocoa bean shells.

15042163618921812235544-jpg.735930

Last edited:
H

heisen

What's with the straw dude? Totally unnecessary for an indoor grow.:cool:
Over half the shit is see on indoor grows is unessasary.ive grown straight up.fire big ass plants in dirt using nothing but a go box.i think a lot of growers are there own worst enemy by throwing so much crap at plants.less is always more and so many growers over complicate it.

Leew421

Leew421

He runs organic and that's part of his soil amendments. It's alfalfa straw and he also companion plants as you can see in his grow log.

Organikz

Organikz

1504312944280489766901-jpg.736287

1504313156218614793089-jpg.736290

awesome info from @cannabeans convinced me to raise my CMH to the damn ceiling. I think we have lift off.

@Smoke2Joints I feed my plants coconut water once a week and apply neem oil and saponin weekly. Less than an hour of work that actually has to be done per week. Oh yah I have to check my blumat. It's a take on the Fukuoka Method. Research the soil food web.

The straw is mulch but does act as a dynamic compost as @Leew421 stated. It is a slow feed as well as a means to retain moisture. I can keep a 200g bed watered with 5g a week excluding the 2g for feeding. 90% of soil biology sits between mulch and the soil in the woods for instance where fallen leaves act as mulch.

I can keep going...lol

#loyaltothesoil
20170901 190908

Last edited:
H

heisen

1504312944280489766901-jpg.736287

1504313156218614793089-jpg.736290

awesome info from @cannabeans convinced me to raise my CMH to the damn ceiling. I think we have lift off.

@Smoke2Joints I feed my plants coconut water once a week and apply neem oil and saponin weekly. Less than an hour of work that actually has to be done per week. Oh yah I have to check my blumat. It's a take on the Fukuoka Method. Research the soil food web.

The straw is mulch but does act as a dynamic compost as @Leew421 stated. It is a slow feed as well as a means to retain moisture. I can keep a 200g bed watered with 5g a week excluding the 2g for feeding. 90% of soil biology sits between mulch and the soil in the woods for instance where fallen leaves act as mulch.

I can keep going...lol

#loyaltothesoilView attachment 736293
That's a lot of work and red tape to grow the same size buds and potency as the next guy over growing in some water buckets lol.

Organikz

Organikz

That's a lot of work and red tape to grow the same size buds and potency as the next guy over growing in some water buckets lol.
I don't understand where all this work and red tape is? So it takes you less than an hour a week to run your setup?

H

heisen

I don't understand where all this work and red tape is? So it takes you less than an hour a week to
I don't understand where all this work and red tape is? So it takes you less than an hour a week to run your setup?
I spend about 4 minutes once a week on mine.and about 2 minutes a day checking ph.
15 plants and 4 moms

Organikz

Organikz

I wasn't going to bother getting into it but I need to put real information out regarding this statement. It's absolutely false.

Terpenoid and cannabinoid profiles are produced as the plant grows. There are over 100 different terpenoids most of which are activated by naturally occuring enzymes and enzymatic processes. The effect from a diversified terpenoid and cannabinoid profile is much more prolific and longer lasting. The plant is also allowed to express genetics at its full potential including taste and fragrance.

Sorry to get off topic but people that haven't done the research...

Last edited:
ROCKTOTO

ROCKTOTO

I wasn't going to bother getting into it but I need to put real information out regarding this statement. It's absolutely false.

Terpenoid and cannabinoid profiles are produced as the plant grows. There are over 100 different terpenoids most of which are activated by naturally occuring enzymes and enzymatic processes. The effect from a diversified terpenoid and cannabinoid profile is much more prolific and longer lasting. The plant is also allowed to express genetics at its full potential including taste and fragrance.

Good job bro,keep doing your thang!!!!

Organikz

Organikz

Good job bro,keep doing your thang!!!!
Thanks. I know some are at this forum to make friends and others to seek real information. One day this forum could hold enough information where the search function is all you need. I read through tons of 10 year old posts or more by lumperdawgz aka Clackamas coot, bluejay, and mofo. You dont want them stumbling on stuff like that.

A lot of soil microbiology science and communication between plants and microbiology are being truly understood as of recent and tada terpenoid activation and root exudation as a defense mechanism against encroaching plants. Things as simple as releasing enzymes to increase certain terpenoids to defend against destructive insects as a defensive mechanism.

We embrace bugs...even bad because it's all part of the soil food web. Fungus gnats start to sprout up. Predatory mite numbers go out of control and knock them down and now the fungus gnats in the form of enzymes released by the predatory mites feed my plants...lol

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This argument is far from proven. In fact much more evidence exists that it is abundant and diverse micronutrient content that helps organics achieve higher terp and flavonoid levels and the potency claim is bullshit. Hydro has always shown higher thc content more often at cup and in lab tests.

In my opinion a hybrid Grow with organic inputs specifically humic acid, seaweed and rock dust and supplemental fertilizer as needed will yield the best results.

Hydro can be lacking in diverse trace elements. And organics can "stall" so you really can not reach potential in a short flowering annual.

The answer to most arguments lies in between.....

H

heisen

I've grown in 100 percent organic with the teas and all that bs and in hydro and there is no difference.if I had to pick one on smell and taste I'll take hydro.all them snake oils and coconut juice and unicorn piss is bs.sorry to break it to you but if I gave someone my buds and yours they would not know any difference besides my buds would be bigger.no way an organic setup is gonna outdo recirculating hydro.you have to many variables you cannot calculate.i can have 100 percent control from ph to nute ppm

H

heisen

Ive grown organic tomatoes and miracle grow tomatoes.no difference.its all about the variety and specific plant.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well that would depend on what your looking for in your final product IMHO. Good well balanced organic grows indoors with ROLS and living soil cannot be touched in the terpene and flavor profiles. Good organic buds have a taste that traditional dirt baggers and hydro cant touch. But that is to a discerning palate of course. I personally can taste and smell a difference.

I will give you this tho. Unless a organic guy is using organic beds or ROLS a lot of what farmers are throwing in their soil mixes dont truly get utilized in time to be of great effect. It takes time for the microherd to mineralize the amendments/inputs to make it bio-available to the rhizosphere.

Thats why ongoing organic beds and ROLS is important along with mulch and cover cropping as it keeps the biology flowing in the soil. The mulch is to my mind a waste unless your using perpetual beds but its most important function is retaining moisture and keeping your topsoil moist for longer periods. Peace

H

heisen

Well that would depend on what your looking for in your final product IMHO. Good well balanced organic grows indoors with ROLS and living soil cannot be touched in the terpene and flavor profiles. Good organic buds have a taste that traditional dirt baggers and hydro cant touch. But that is to a discerning palate of course. I personally can taste and smell a difference.

I will give you this tho. Unless a organic guy is using organic beds or ROLS a lot of what farmers are throwing in their soil mixes dont truly get utilized in time to be of great effect. It takes time for the microherd to mineralize the amendments/inputs to make it bio-available to the rhizosphere.

Thats why ongoing organic beds and ROLS is important along with mulch and cover cropping as it keeps the biology flowing in the soil. The mulch is to my mind a waste unless your using perpetual beds but its most important function is retaining moisture and keeping your topsoil moist for longer periods. Peace
maybe if you was eating the buds but once you light it up everything changes.the effects of the 100 percent organic is so negligible I doubt anyone can tell really.besides all that that box garden indoors is bug city

Top Bottom