Club 315 Cmh

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Just a heads up to us cmh users.

In my findings, the 4k bulbs uva-uvb properties have an adverse effect on panda film. I'm having to replace my floor every veg run due to it "dry-rotting" of sorts.

I haven't had to replace any panda film.in my 3k bulb flower room in 4 harvests. So I think k the 4k bulbs have more uva-uvb than the 3k ones.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just a heads up to us cmh users.

In my findings, the 4k bulbs uva-uvb properties have an adverse effect on panda film. I'm having to replace my floor every veg run due to it "dry-rotting" of sorts.

I haven't had to replace any panda film.in my 3k bulb flower room in 4 harvests. So I think k the 4k bulbs have more uva-uvb than the 3k ones.

Good observation. Here is a spectral comparison chart from the university of Utah showing the 4200k bulb has 5x more total uv than the 3100k.

Growers house has a cmh uv comparison done too and some brands have higher or lower uv than Phillips.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I may try running a 4k bulb all thru harvest and see if any better results. Guys over at IC run the the 4k with great results. This is 3 months down the road.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I may try running a 4k bulb all thru harvest and see if any better results. Guys over at IC run the the 4k with great results. This is 3 months down the road.

I am figuring out how to get my 315 in between the 2 600w blockbuster hoods.

I own the 3100k and got fantastic results. I have already noticed less resin staining my joints with hps only.

I will have to get a 4200k to supplement with.

In your room have you considered half n half?

Goodolboy

Goodolboy

IMG 20170802 013210201
IMG 20170802 013210201

P

PharmHand

Don't know why it posted twice but here's some ghost Og grown under 2 sunsystem lec 315s covering a 5 x 5 31k bulbs 30 inches from canopy yielding 1.2 grams per watt.
Good info. Great buds. You use silica? Or just the cmh giving em that shine?

P

PharmHand

I only use the silica in veg
Nice. I just ordered some nano 630s and the Philips 3100ks. After reading stuff on here and icm I thought maybe I shoulda went with half 4200ks cuz of the added UV. But seeing your buds done with just 31ks makes me more confident in my decision. Some gorgeous buds bro. You drop the temps a bunch to encourage purpling? 1.2 gpw is no joke especially when the buds look like that. How'd you determine 30" away to be ideal? What temps were you running? Thanks

Goodolboy

Goodolboy

Nice. I just ordered some nano 630s and the Philips 3100ks. After reading stuff on here and icm I thought maybe I shoulda went with half 4200ks cuz of the added UV. But seeing your buds done with just 31ks makes me more confident in my decision. Some gorgeous buds bro. You drop the temps a bunch to encourage purpling? 1.2 gpw is no joke especially when the buds look like that. How'd you determine 30" away to be ideal? What temps were you running? Thanks
68 for lows and 77 for highs and I just moved my hand up and down and watched the light intensity on my hand and just figured 30 inches should do it. And the heat drop also when I moved my hand up and down I just looked for a sweet spot and 30 was it.

G gnome

G gnome

Question for the guys who been usin cmh for veg.....im told i can cover a 4x4 area w a 315....is this correct? Fyi i rotate/shuffle my plants every day.
Other question: what distance shud the light be from the canopy?
Thx fellas

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

It all depends on the hood tou use for light spread capabilities. A smaller hood won't habe the coverage as a big hood does. Also bigger hood, the flower you need to be for optimal light.

Freshone

Freshone

315 watts is still 315 watts,putting it in a bigger hood will not give you any more light just weaker diluted light,glass will also take it's toll on light output.
As for vegging I've been doing fine with them at 25-30" covering 4x4,better than 8 bulb t5s slammed down on top of them at less amp draw too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom