Club 315 Cmh

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

For those of us that are growing with the 315 cmh lights, andnthere seems to be more and more users. Please post up some info. How many, room size, k bulb, hood, ac/open, ect. Post up thoughts, impressions (good or bad), compared to hps/led if possible, pics. You know the drill.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Veg
3x315 cmh 940 philips elite bulbs
5x10 tent
Ac big kahuna hoods

HUGE growth vs 3x600mh. Cutting 2 weeks off veg time. Fat ass stalks at flip.

Flower
4x315 cmh 930 philips agro bulbs
Ac big kahuna hoods
8x12 sealed room
Co2

1st run was on par with my average 3x600hps runs with co2, but with out running my top yielding strain. 2nd run in the works now.

Love the cmh. Less power for nearly the same results.

ozman

ozman

hey guys
looking at the cmh seems pretty solid and im on edge for pulling the trigger
love the par and spectrum
i have been reading a lot of the 315's being able to cover a 4x4 area to grow under,
do you find this to be a true or false statement....
could a person cover a 4x4 area with 1 315 cmh and have a decent yield running a SOG ?

Thanks,
Happy Growing All

whitepistols

whitepistols

Demon I am really curious how CHM would work vertically. I have tried to read the 850 plus page thread on the mag, I gave up to huge to read.

I did start a thread hear, was curious if 2 stacked are possibal in a tent. Get 2 responses..burn your house down, and it's dangerous. Soo that's seems to be the info I got. Love the responses of dead endedness
I got.

Freshone

Freshone

I just got 2 of the ceramic science/SS remote lec vert reflector combos a couple weeks back for veg.The difference from my 8 bulb t5s is noticeable,lots of dense vegetation and growth and that's with the 3100k Philips not even the 4000s.
I will slowly be adding these into flower mixing with my current gavita 6/750s also soon.
Couple quick observations,
You can buy almost 2 ceramic science kits from growershouse for every one normal SS lec,endomax,Boulder or other name brand fixture which makes them a smoking deal.
I saw someone in another thread say they run hot but that is not true IME.When I turned off 2 8 bulb t5s and turned on 2 315s temps dropped 4-6 degrees in the room.I also put a laser thermometer on the ballasts and they run 92-94 degrees while the SS remote reflector is about the same at its hottest point near the bulb base,barely warm to the touch.
Everything I run is open bulb and before I ran gavitas I ran adjusta wings with alot of success so I might try the 315s in an open wing type setup mixed with the gavitas in flower.
I think these and cobs show tremendous advantages energy usage wise for the smaller growers.Cobs are just so damn expensive up front but I hope to build and mix a couple of those in too at some point.

Last edited:
Freshone

Freshone

Demon I am really curious how CHM would work vertically. I have tried to read the 850 plus page thread on the mag, I gave up to huge to read.

I did start a thread hear, was curious if 2 stacked are possibal in a tent. Get 2 responses..burn your house down, and it's dangerous. Soo that's seems to be the info I got. Love the responses of dead endedness
I got.
I think those people don't know the difference between single and double jacketed bulbs,one is made to run in enclosed fixtures and one in open.
Your idea is good but I don't know if being in a tent would work,you need room between the bulb and plants and even in a 5x5 tent most of your space would be dead air.Would work well in an open room or maybe in cooltubes in a tent?Just a thought.

whitepistols

whitepistols

The only way I could think of doing it in a tent is just the walls, tie them right to a screen, step off the tent 6 inches so can keep the air behind stirred. Gorilla tent I can go 7 foot 6 inches. I have 8 foot ceilings. Just wanted to use 5 foot of the wall with them tied in place. I have ran rooms, trust me rather be in that setting. So tent it is for me.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

hey guys
looking at the cmh seems pretty solid and im on edge for pulling the trigger
love the par and spectrum
i have been reading a lot of the 315's being able to cover a 4x4 area to grow under,
do you find this to be a true or false statement....
could a person cover a 4x4 area with 1 315 cmh and have a decent yield running a SOG ?

Thanks,
Happy Growing All

False in my experience with the sun system remote reflector galaxy ballast and Phillips 3100k bulb. Not quite 3x3 for flower and I'm guessing 4x4 in a tent would work for veg.

Coverage increases with more lamps because of overlap of course.

sixstring

sixstring

Veg
3x315 cmh 940 philips elite bulbs
5x10 tent
Ac big kahuna hoods

HUGE growth vs 3x600mh. Cutting 2 weeks off veg time. Fat ass stalks at flip.

Flower
4x315 cmh 930 philips agro bulbs
Ac big kahuna hoods
8x12 sealed room
Co2

1st run was on par with my average 3x600hps runs with co2, but with out running my top yielding strain. 2nd run in the works now.

Love the cmh. Less power for nearly the same results.
what color lamps in flower?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

The kits from growershouse is what I run. I use their prism ballasts, adapter, and I got one set of bulbs from them. I bought 9 total, so i have 2 backups incase sonething breaks down, i always have a backup to toss in. They either had the philips cdm elite or agro. I forgot what I had to buy elsewhere .

As for vertical, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just get the double jacket bulbs and your safe from fire, as the double jacket bulbs is designed for open use.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run 4 total in an 8x12x7 room, offset by 2.5' from center. I have no problems getting coverage over the 12' length. I'm on my 2nd flower run with the 315. This run (looks) to be on track for a killer run.

One thing I know for certain, the penetration with cmh is almost nonexistent. It's a scrog/sog growers dream.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I run 4 total in an 8x12x7 room, offset by 2.5' from center. I have no problems getting coverage over the 12' length. I'm on my 2nd flower run with the 315. This run (looks) to be on track for a killer run.

One thing I know for certain, the penetration with cmh is almost nonexistent. It's a scrog/sog growers dream.

You have to account for reflector type when making that last statement. With my sun system open vertical reflector at about 16" from the canopy I am getting nice big lower buds now. Not the fluffy ones so much as when I first started using it.

And if I convert my Blockbusters they too are designed for a more direct down footprint and will likely penetrate almost as well as my 600 hps. Almost.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Currently got 4 sunsystem 630 lecs in an 11×11 room. I definitely will say i like the 3100k bulbs start to finish better. Had 2 4200k and wont be buying those again. Canopy frame is 8x8 and lights seems to be covering the plants pretty well. Right now im planning next room which will be a 13x20 garage. Considering going all in on the cmh in there with 10x630watt nanolux cmh.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

@DemonTrich have you ever tried the open bulb cmh vs aircooled? I know aircooled cmh wont need much air-conditioning at all but curious if the output off open bulb is worth the extra air-conditioning.

B

BosStrong

I'm still in veg on my first grow so I'm only running a single sunsystems lec Ra with 4200 phillips bulb at yhe moment. Once I make the switch im going to turn on my second and switch to the 3100k. Im in a 4x8 and i plan on ending up probably with 3

whitepistols

whitepistols

Thank you all for the information. I can get 600s close when runing vert and thought chm would let me st closer. Dbl jacket bulb mention a big thank you. I may have to use cool tubes I do have a pair on hand

Aktommy

Aktommy

I just made the conversion from 600 HPS to the sunsystem 315s with remote ballast. I'm running 16 of them on a 12 tote RDWC grow, I'm only 6 days in on a fresh crop but I'm liking what I am seeing. Plant coloration is really vibrant and healthy looking. I'm using 12 Phillips elite 3ks and 4 4200s spaced out throughout the layout.

I'm playing with light distance from the canopy and currently at 30-32 inches from the canopy. What height is everyone else running?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'm currently -1' in my flower room. Damn veg growth got out of controll. Next run I'll flip at 3.5'. Since I'm in a big hood, imo it will.spread the light out more and allow me to grow closer to thw glass w/o fn anything up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom