Club 315 Cmh

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leew421

Leew421

Actually plants don't use green light wave lengths. Reason why some of us use green led to so work in flower rooms when light are off and not screw up the dark periods.
I would begin to differ. Green doesn't work in dark settings. Green is part of visible white. I'm not here to argue. But I will say the guy that runs fluence can argue this way better.

B

BosStrong

Would there be any advantage to mixing the 3100k and 4200k in flower for a better spectrum?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've never seen an led with a green light, period in their led panel used for veg or flower.

No I was not clear. A light bulb made with green led's to work under purchased at a garden store.

StandingRock

StandingRock

Would there be any advantage to mixing the 3100k and 4200k in flower for a better spectrum?
I would say the costs outweigh the gains. Check out the link demotrich posted on page 2 and you'll see it's not a huge difference between the two

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would say the costs outweigh the gains. Check out the link demotrich posted on page 2 and you'll see it's not a huge difference between the two

I am considering this for my next upgrade. Just like I like hps and mh together and hps and cmh together for a more complete spectrum with at least a little more uv.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I am considering this for my next upgrade. Just like I like hps and mh together and hps and cmh together for a more complete spectrum with at least a little more uv.
Now that is a good idea. The power of hps and the spectrum of cmh. But I believe that he was talking about a 3100k cmh fixture and cmh 4200k fixture over the same area. Not much of a supplement in my opinion.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Now that is a good idea. The power of hps and the spectrum of cmh. But I believe that he was talking about a 3100k cmh fixture and cmh 4200k fixture over the same area. Not much of a supplement in my opinion.

And knew that would sound confusing. Lol

I would definitely pair the 2 different Phillips 315's together if I was using only them.

However. Many pro grows are using de hps with cmh as supplemental lighting.

I tried to be similar with 2 se 600 hps to 1 315 cmh.

Now I have added more full spectrum light with the Hortilux Blue metal halide in place of an hps. . But it is an experiment.

My biggest yielding plant so far was the 2 hps to 1 cmh. And highest quality almost. It's still mostly environment and grower practices. And genetics of course.

H

Highatollah

What's the max ideal height above the canopy for CMH? Would it be worthwhile to supplement double-ended HPS with Cycloptics Greenbeams 11 feet in the air? I can't find anything about height and footprint on their website.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What's the max ideal height above the canopy for CMH? Would it be worthwhile to supplement double-ended HPS with Cycloptics Greenbeams 11 feet in the air? I can't find anything about height and footprint on their website.

I know for a single vertical open reflector max par has been tested at 16". I have no experience with high ceiling overlapping lights. Sorry.

H

Highatollah

I have no experience with high ceiling overlapping lights. Sorry.
I have two rows of DE HPS, 14k, and I was thinking maybe it'd be advantageous to drop 2 DE hoods because about 10 CMH produce less heat. Then my rows of lights would have 6 DE and 5 CMH. I'd just put the CMHs between the DEs.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have two rows of DE HPS, 14k, and I was thinking maybe it'd be advantageous to drop 2 DE hoods because about 10 CMH produce less heat. Then my rows of lights would have 6 DE and 5 CMH. I'd just put the CMHs between the DEs.

I am pretty sure I read 1 per table but the height issue is a mystery to me. But I am sure it would in tease quality from what I have seen on my small scale. I used 2 se 600 hps to 1 315 cmh. Very close to 1 de and I used Hortilux supers' except I only have a 2 " height difference to deal with.

But now I changed out an hps to a Hortilux Blue in hopes of a more even spectrum still.

Freshone

Freshone

I'm going to do the same and mix with de 750s in my room soon.I truly like the cycloptics,that reflector was actually designed for those bulbs but you can do the same thing for 1/2 price by using the kits from growershouse and a cheap wing reflector.If you are set on vert use the SS remote vert reflector,I have 2 burning in veg right now I paid 320 apiece for from GH and that included the reflector and bulb.The cycloptics scatters light at 180 degrees,nothing you can't do with a cheap wing but it's horizontal.Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
StandingRock

StandingRock

I literally just ordered a solistek 315 3100k. I plan on using ONLY this light from veg through flower. Anyone know what kind of par readings these lights have over what footprints and what height? The rep from solistek said I might see a small decrease in yield but I should expect a much higher quality product which is what I want. So has anyone switched from HID to CMH and done veg to flower? How'd that go?

gwheels

gwheels

I started a grow diary. I will run a single 315 CMH in a 4 X 4 tent and 3 plants (2 X sour kush and 1 X northern lights). Last run I used my 550 watt mcob fixture and it went very well considering. Now I can see how they grow under the 315. Wow that is a nice white light. Pictures do not come out purple (MCOB was like that too). I love that my fans and light and ventilation all draw only 6 amps at full speed. For a hobby gardener that is pretty darned awesome. I was worried about the heat but once the ventilation got changing the air out at the right speed it was easy to maintain around 82 degrees after 6 hours of light on and that is very liveable. :D I am excited for this grow too !

orbiter252

orbiter252

Hey @StandingRock , was wondering how you like the light
I'm pretty curious about those myself

StandingRock

StandingRock

Hey @StandingRock , was wondering how you like the light
I'm pretty curious about those myself
I love it! I'm expecting close to a gram per watt this run. I'm seeing excellent trichome production and it has nice even strong PPFD readings. Supposedly you can do 3x3 or 2.5x2.5 in flower but I'm doing about 2x2.

gwheels

gwheels

I have a space of about 3 x 3 in my 4 x 4 tent. Fans and reservoir etc. I think my MCOB maxes out at 3 x 3 as well with very intense light. This will be a a great comparison between the two. The only unfair part is I know more than I did. Unfair for the new light to beat the old one but i think that would be great. I got close to 10 oz off of my MCOB with 4 plants. This will be 3 plants with more space to breathe and better ventilation. I think I can hit a new personal best this time again !

And I find myself in the glorious position of having enough personal to get me through a long while. I can experiment. And I think the 315 is the best for a 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 tent because you need room for fans and stuff. I just want what i need and some for a couple of pals. And I am there now :D

In the future i will grow 4 plants in a 4 x 8 room. The two lights will fit there great but if the 315 works I will get 2 more of those and grow 4 monsters. Because I think growing within the confines of the law and rocking it is the way to go. July 18 next year it will be 4 plants to a max of 120 cm (4 feet 7 inches or so). And I plan to rock that shit :D

IMG 20170724 121213
Last edited:
snippetysnip

snippetysnip

@gwheels Yo! How's the King Tut going down??
I'll be watching your next grow journal.. Good luck man!
I think you should move onto rdwc!

Top Bottom