Cmh Conversion Kit?

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

The Philips t12 style bulb has a double glass. The external glass acts like an enclosure to keep the actual bulb (if it explodes), all the hot shit and glass inside that outer glass tube. T9 bulbs have only 1 glass layer. If that bulb happens to explode, and your running open or vert style, that hit electrical shit lands on your floor, and possibly setting it on fire.

So a t 12 should be fine if I decide to remove my glass?

Also I see this bulb option with one that says t12 and the other doesn't say? but they're two different k ratings.

Screenshot 20170825 170207
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

The "T" designation is only for Philips bulbs iirc. If you want to go Philips routs, this is what use. The 930 in flower, and 940 bulb in veg. One is an open hood bulb, one for enclosed hood
20170825 210635

m8ty

m8ty

All this got me thinkink ... So the T12 has double the glass the T9 has, so this makes the T9 brighter than a T12? And is the glass loss about the same in both scenarios?

I'm thinking my current hps hood is vented and has glass to catch the exploding bulb so maybe I can just use it with the T9 bulb...

m8ty

m8ty

Cmh to Mog adapters are they flying off the shelves? They should be.

m8ty

m8ty

Use existing hood
Choose proper bulb style/type and then K.
Buy cmh bulb adapter for each hood
Buy a cmh ballast
Plug in and rock on
I rock a basic prism ballast. Why would you ever need to dim a 315 bulb??? No frills. It's a perfect, cheap ballast.
Man . This is what i was thinking, what an inexpensive way to upgrade existing gardens, you know someone in corporate caught wind of this and pulled the plug on the 315 technology... Chat rumor

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Never buy pre-set up kits. Most thenstudf you won' use, and the charge double $ the norm.if pieces together.
Most of the time.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

All this got me thinkink ... So the T12 has double the glass the T9 has, so this makes the T9 brighter than a T12? And is the glass loss about the same in both scenarios?

I'm thinking my current hps hood is vented and has glass to catch the exploding bulb so maybe I can just use it with the T9 bulb...
The t12 glass catches the internal glass in an explosion. An a.c. hood replaces the outer t12 glass, so the hood glass acts as the t12 outer glass, making it safe for a t9 glass in case of explosion.

m8ty

m8ty

Exactly! ...in my case all i'll need is the cmh to mog adapter and a 400 watt magnetic ballast capacitor
Never buy pre-set up kits. Most thenstudf you won' use, and the charge double $ the norm.if pieces together.
Most of the time.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Yup
Easy swap to existing hoods.
Cmh ballast, adapter and cmh bulb.

Top Bottom