Cmh Vs Led O

• Thread starter FrenchOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Cmh vs led, vote and reply with the reasons why!

• LED

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • CMH (LEC)

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Whats up farmers I got an empty 4x4, fans, nutrients and all the supplies coming my way for my second grow, 5 years after my first one.

The only thing left is a light.
I've been going back and forth and can't decide either to buy a 630w LEC or a 1200/1600w MarsHydro.

Reasons to get CMH :
Closest spectrum to the sun
Affordable
No purple/red lights. Easier to spot deficiencies...
Long life bulb

Reasons to get LED :
Runs cooler (in my case might be a con since my basement is pretty cold)
Nicer looking buds?? I'd like to hear other opinions on this.
Dimmable is an option

If you can provide information from reliable sources thatd be great Im trying to see whats best for me not whats best for you or anyone else.

Peace

C

closetgrow69

Another vote for Cmh! Especially for the price. A comparable LED would be way more expensive than the cmh. I’d stay away from any China made LED but there are great ones out there, but but they sure are expensive. COB’s would be awesome.

I like that the CMH has some UV. You can get them with the ballast and hood separate too to help with heat, but they don’t produce much. I could rest my cheek on the hood and it would feel good

Here’s my first grow with the 315cmh in a 3x3 ft cabinet on day 34 of 12/12 in coco. Threw her in a 6.5ish gal pot lol

4EB700C8 3D7E 4D2B AEE7 BA32EF4464BB
6EBF9E66 1F33 432A AAFC D322AD606213
84E0CD8F 800C 4C8B B4AD 3351F8B0AB3B
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Another vote for Cmh! Especially for the price. A comparable LED would be way more expensive than the cmh. I’d stay away from any China made LED but there are great ones out there, but but they sure are expensive. COB’s would be awesome.

I like that the CMH has some UV. You can get them with the ballast and hood separate too to help with heat, but they don’t produce much. I could rest my cheek on the hood and it would feel good

Here’s my first grow with the 315cmh in a 3x3 ft cabinet on day 34 of 12/12 in coco. Threw her in a 6.5ish gal pot lol

can you teach me how to top feed!?
What strain was that? Looks great, so does your training!

I see what you guys are saying I guess I can't go wrong with the CMH but nothing really sells me the light. While LEDs keep giving people more amazing results everyday thanks to today's evolution.

I found a Sun System 630w air cooled with built in ballast for 330$. Even on amazon it goes for 500. I kinda feel like I'd make the deal of the year but if I was to build my own cob it looks like I would be closer to 1000$?

Also, what's wrong with viparspectra, mars hydro, and all these chinese lights? I keep seeing reviews and youtube videos about how people love them and get awesome results with spending under 500$.

Question, is the PAR footprint of a light a reliable source to see how powerful the light really is? Because yall should check that 1600w marshydro. Just saying lol.

Last edited:
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Well my vote is led but not marshydro,get some cobs or quantum boards. Cmh isn't a bad option either though,hmm decisions decisions.
I hear you man I am really not trying to spend that much since I already had to spend 600$ on all other supplies. What models are you familiar with? Quantum boards seem out of my budget but I guess there is such a thing as building your own COB light?

gwheels

gwheels

I run a 315 CMH in a 4 x 4 tent. I think it is a fantastic light and 315 watts is pretty cheap for power for the end result. I got 12 oz from 3 plants of buds and about 4 oz of popcorn and larf that i ran through the magical butter machine. :) If money were no object I would prefer the timbers but the 315 is a lot cheaper.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

I run a 315 CMH in a 4 x 4 tent. I think it is a fantastic light and 315 watts is pretty cheap for power for the end result. I got 12 oz from 3 plants of buds and about 4 oz of popcorn and larf that i ran through the magical butter machine. :) If money were no object I would prefer the timbers but the 315 is a lot cheaper.
Sweet! How is the light penetration? My first run will be 5 autos just to get flower asap for my own but next one I was thinking about trying the manifold technique and I'm just not sure if this is the right light for that!

K

kansabis

I hear you man I am really not trying to spend that much since I already had to spend 600$ on all other supplies. What models are you familiar with? Quantum boards seem out of my budget but I guess there is such a thing as building your own COB light?
Quantum and cob kits cost around the same anymore,only problem with qbs is limited suppliers unless you build your own board,etc. They are a lil pricey but I believe worth the investment in long run,cmh is nice but still isn't much cheaper than led,the china leds work and will produce but the only reason they get reviews is cuz the people using them like the fact they r cheap and will grow some plants but other than that most of em can't compare with cobs or cmh or hps cuz they never used em.

Top Bottom