CNS17 questions

• Thread starter galaxyuser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

galaxyuser

has anyone used this nutrient?
it calls for nothing else but the CNS line but would anyone here who has used it, use liquid karma with it?
how about cal mag?
aqua shield?
I should run side by side's but I have only one bucket this go around and I can't...
any info would be great, I know these are all good products but does the CNs line really benefit from the others?
thanks in advance

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I used the cns17 didn't like it much I burned my ladies with 300 ppm using it. There must be a trick I switch to general hydro flora and advanced nutrients extras working great now
good luck

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I actually switched to this line for the ease of use. I was using H&G full Coco line. I did a side by side and did not notice a difference between the two, except the cost.
Although my side by side was not a fair one cus I did use some of the H&G addatives.

Before I ran the side by side I did use the CNS17 Coco by itself with excellent results. Just run it a little on the lighter side at first. I ran it about 600 ppm's when they were little and bumped it up to 1300 ppm's by the time they were done.

E

easypleasie

I've been using the coco formula for a couple years and can't complain one bit. Cheap, simple and it works great. Can't vouch for the regular formula, though. I do use Karma and add a little calmag since I keep my ppms really low. I usually don't ever go over a 1000 ppms and that's with all the additives (advanced and h&g). Don't follow the feed schedule on the back of the bottle or you'll burn the shit out of your plants. 25-30 ml per gallon is ridiculous!

B

Buddy Flowers

if you look at the Botanicare feed chart you will see that is says to use the CNS17 in conjunction with Pure Blend Original, Liquid Karma etc. Check out the feed chart. I love the CNS 17 hydro formula! You can also use the ripe formula for the end of bloom. PM me with any questions

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

it calls for nothing else but the CNS line but would anyone here who has used it, use liquid karma with it?
how about cal mag?
aqua shield?
I should run side by side's but I have only one bucket this go around and I can't...
any info would be great, I know these are all good products but does the CNs line really benefit from the others?
thanks in advance

Heck yeah, run that stuff. The Liquid Karma is fantastic & the Cal Mag is proven. Not sure what the Aqua Shield is for. If you're running in coco, Clearex is great for preventing salt buildup.

B

Buddy Flowers

Aqua Shied is Baccilus Subtilus and other strains of beneficial bacteria

E

easypleasie

if you look at the Botanicare feed chart you will see that is says to use the CNS17 in conjunction with Pure Blend Original, Liquid Karma etc. Check out the feed chart. I love the CNS 17 hydro formula! You can also use the ripe formula for the end of bloom. PM me with any questions

You only use cns17 by itself as the base nutrient and add additives of your choice. Makes no sense to use two base nutrients. Where on the feed chart did you see it mention this? I've seen it listed as optional...but I have no idea why they would list it that way unless it was for foliar feeding. I would not use them both in conjunction.

L

Lost

Yea, thats news to me. I have been using CNS17 since the old label, and never combined it with any other base nute and I had some great harvests with it!

You can use it with the other additives, but not another base as far as I know. Could you have misread the chart?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
You only use cns17 by itself as the base nutrient and add additives of your choice. Makes no sense to use two base nutrients. Where on the feed chart did you see it mention this? I've seen it listed as optional...but I have no idea why they would list it that way unless it was for foliar feeding. I would not use them both in conjunction.
PBP original is not adding 2 bases.
But if you use pure blend pro then yes you would double up on micros.

note wording of pure blend pro vs pure blend pro original

basically using organic additives with a chemical base.

pure blend pro original is also 7% humic so good deal for the price.

new chart mention using pure blend pro as foliar so your right there.

Not many people are aware that original pbp ican be used as a organic supplement. It is not a complete base.

Yea, thats news to me. I have been using CNS17 since the old label, and never combined it with any other base nute and I had some great harvests with it!

You can use it with the other additives, but not another base as far as I know. Could you have misread the chart?

All part of new cns17 feed chart by botanicare. that is probably why you may have not seen it.
Screen_shot_2010-12-02_at_1_01_38_PM.png

B

Buddy Flowers

"Makes no sense to use two base nutrients."

PB original is not a base nutrient

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
how about cal mag?
aqua shield?
thanks in advance

Only used it in veg so far.
Only nutrient I have found to work with reverse osmosis water and not need to add back 5ml per gallon of cal/mg for coco coir. Hopefully that is the case in bloom.
Rock solid ph.
Easy to use.
Cheap!

G

galaxyuser

using the hydro formula and was considering supplementing with the metabolic formula for flavor and what not at the end glad to hear others are doing this.
I've seen so many feed charts for the CNS line so it's been kind of confusing as far as how much to use. I go and updated feed schedule from my American ag reps and am now following that. with a few additives of course. one more week of bloom then on to ripe. FYI CNS17 bloom is ripe and grow mixed 50/50 you can avoid buying that bottle altogether and mix yourself if you want to

Heck yeah, run that stuff. The Liquid Karma is fantastic & the Cal Mag is proven. Not sure what the Aqua Shield is for. If you're running in coco, Clearex is great for preventing salt buildup.

love clearex! my plants never produce fruit without it!

Aqua Shied is Baccilus Subtilus and other strains of beneficial bacteria

thanks always wondered about that. it's basically that same as flora shield ya?
are there differences and what are they? other than price and dilution rate

PBP original is not adding 2 bases.
But if you use pure blend pro then yes you would double up on micros.

note wording of pure blend pro vs pure blend pro original

basically using organic additives with a chemical base.

pure blend pro original is also 7% humic so good deal for the price.

new chart mention using pure blend pro as foliar so your right there.

Not many people are aware that original pbp ican be used as a organic supplement. It is not a complete base.

All part of new cns17 feed chart by botanicare. that is probably why you may have not seen it.
Screen_shot_2010-12-02_at_1_01_38_PM.png

I've noticed that a lot of people get confused between the two formulas so I just started referring to them as the metabolic formula's and seem to work. note on the pro line though. not sure what's happening but the 7% humic acid was dropped on the last batch of pro bloom qts to .15%

these may have been an old stock that was sent to the shop or botanicare is changing things... not sure which

L

Lost

If that is a new feed chart im going to say its a misprint. Looks JUST like the PBP feed schedual and they stuck the CNS-17 feed chart over top of it. Unless they changed the formula, its just BS to get you to buy their stuff..

Im pretty sure that 25ml of cns plus 10 ml of pbp would put you WAAAAY over 2000 ppms...

B

Buddy Flowers

the chart above says Pure blend Original as does the hard copy in front of me.

G

galaxyuser

they do recommend that you lower your dilution rates when using multiple supplements and remember they are calling for the metabolic formula not pure blend pro
much lower n-p-k

L

Lost

Ahh thats right, I forgot about the original. It dissappeared for a long time at least in the stores I goto. I have had many harvests with cns-17 as the veg and a few with it as the base, and I used suppliments, but never PBO. Unecessary?

B

Buddy Flowers

"Unecessary? "

Organic tea tends to add flavor. Guanos tend to bring the oils > terpenes out in the plant therefore giving better flavor/ odor.

L

Lost

Unless they changed the recipe, yea. I never had any issues with it. Don't even have to add cal-mag.

Buddy - some of us are in DWC using cns17, or were.. You don't use teas and guanos in these applications. You never want to introduce organic stuff to the res imo. Only inorganic. Besides, organic nutes are not taken up untill they break down and become inorganic. There is no way you want stuff breaking down in a res...

Top Bottom