co 2 and headstash

• Thread starter sanvanalona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Now with all of the different farmers out there i am really curious to hear your thoughts and or experiences with this. I have noticed that rooms that run co2 tend to have bigger plants but seem to lack in potency, flavor as compared to the same strain grown without co2. Has anyone had similar results, or different ones. I am very curious if anyone that agrees knows why.

S

SkyHi

Iam also very interested in this, maybe there is more vegitation and the same amount of resin glands therefore reducing the resin/plant matter ratio...fuck idk

K

KindSmoker

I am also very curious about this,just about to start my first ever sealed room with an added co2 generator. I have had stellar results in non sealed rooms without using co2 but a change in locations forced me to go sealed so I figured I had no choice but to add the co2 or the plants would suffer do to a lack of it.

E

ent

in my experience i've found supplementing co2 will increase almost all plant growth, including resin production. when the environment is kept in good conditions with supplemental co2 the nugs have been better every time. but when i first started using co2 was when i first sealed my grow room up. this caused humidity and temperature fluctuations that took a while to get dialed in properly with an a/c, dehumidifer and controller. because of these abnormal conditions these first couple runs produced nugs of lesser quality than i was able to produce prior to sealing up the room, without co2.

K

KindSmoker

Well I have the AC unit and dehumidifier installed and ready to rumble so I hope this works out for me because I have to much invested for failure!

D

DazedNconfussed

I have a semi sealed grow room that has no ventalation, it gets its fresh air when I visit nightly and open the doors up, and thats it. This was my first grow ever, and I have friends that are experianced growers growing the same strain (Oaksterdam Chemdog #4) and my plants yeilds look nearly the same, yet resin production is awsome and ahead of his, yet he has big can fans pumping. I kept meaning to add ventalation but never got around to it because I didnt want to cut holes in my house.

I dont know if ventalation and O3 are possibly over rated or strain specific, but I can tell you my yeild is looking to be over 1lb with a 1000 watt HPS growing in 5 gallon stand alone DWC. Not bad considering all the misc snags I have had. I can post pics if someonbe wants to see bud grown with no vents running.

I am not advising anyone to grow like this, just saying it worked just fine for me.....

S

SkyHi

Pics please ^^^^ im laways curious to see what other ppl can do, i myself im a lazy ass farmer and still get fire coming out of my rooms...

D

DazedNconfussed

Pics please ^^^^ im laways curious to see what other ppl can do, i myself im a lazy ass farmer and still get fire coming out of my rooms...

LOL...I egt lazy also, problem is stand alone DWC is alot of work....Ill get some bud shots up tonight and show you what I have....

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Hey thanks for the responses so far. So this is the deal. I have patients that complain, particularly about the sour diesel, between the ones grown with co2 and the ones without, they claim that they are not the same strains yet everything is the same except for co2. I will post some pics for you tonight skyhi, just so you can see, I can't get into my room for my camera at the moment, but will soon. Thanks for the insight ent.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Never heard such a thing.. I seriously dought CO2 is degrading potency.
Unless your temps are getting to high.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
IMO, anything you do to increase a plants weight is going to diminish potency.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I have found that dropping your co2 ppm below 600 the last 2 weeks makes a difference in smell ..As far as potency I dont see a difference If your trics are more then 15% amber your shits going to be bomb...JACK EDIT: Dropping temps in the 70 to 78 degree temp range the last 2 weeks will help out also.JACK

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
I drop mine to 450 after the seventh week, lower the temps a little more,and also the humidity.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Jack, do you use the propane burners to generate co2? I like the idea of lowering the levels at the end, it seems to make a lot of sense to me.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I have used both bottles and propane and will never go back to bottles...Propane last way longer and is much easier to get then exchanging co2 bottles and going to the welding store weekly. Almost every gas station carrys propane now..JACK

K

KindSmoker

So the consensus seems to be that in some cases excessive growth caused by co2 can reduce potency. To defeat this potential issue one should lower their co2 level below 600 or so after the 7th week of flowering?

20north

yeah i was told to bring down the ppm to 500 when i started my flush

M

mrdizzle

I know most people turn the co2 down during the last two weeks of flower

M

mcattak

Could also be that most c02 users run the rooms warmer...Seems to me that the major trich productions happens the last 2 weeks of flower...Maybe its a heat issue not a c02 issue...

Top Bottom