CO Snowboarder & Skiers

• Thread starter Frankie Pebbles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Frankie Pebbles

With the season right around the corner I figured this was a great time to get a thread rockin.. Just a place to chat, post some pics, and talk about something else for a bit.

I myself am getting stoked for the up coming season!! Along with the cooler temps for the ladies comes that beautiful Colorado champagne powder!!!!!!!!!
:party0042:

Loveland wants to open in September this year, and is trying to start making snow next week. A-Basin has not said anything about opening before October, but they are always right behind Loveland. Time to order passes, score needed gear, get in some fall hikes, and last minute training.. :muscle

Wishing everyone a safe and epic season!!!

J

JAHGYDI

never boarded colorado before, but i got my season pass for mammoth ca ready.

S

SoCoMMJ

After skiing for years, we tried boarding one day. I never hurt so bad as i did the following day. :)

F

Frankie Pebbles

never boarded colorado before, but i got my season pass for mammoth ca ready.

Never been to Mammoth, or Cali period. I got a Vail resorts epic pass this season. It has unlimited days at A-Basin, Keystone, Breck, Vail, Beaver Creek, and this year includes Heavenly in Tahoe. I am for sure going to make a trip out with lift tickets covered.

After skiing for years, we tried boarding one day. I never hurt so bad as i did the following day. :)

I recall my first day back in 95' was the same.

R

RMCG

Never been to Mammoth, or Cali period. I got a Vail resorts epic pass this season. It has unlimited days at A-Basin, Keystone, Breck, Vail, Beaver Creek, and this year includes Heavenly in Tahoe. I am for sure going to make a trip out with lift tickets covered.

I recall my first day back in 95' was the same.

Haha

Muscles you never knew you had HURT!

I havent been here in CO yet. Been here a few years. I'm still reminiscing over New England ice. I am afraid I will be ruined for life if I actually be ruined for life if I see 'real' powder...

D

DerErlkoenig

lol rmcg. you will definitely be ruined. i'm spoiled after many years and only really go out on days where there are 8 inches of freshies or more. now you guys got me craving a big mountain joint sesh in the woods.:cool0044:

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Gotta get out there and do some hiking & camping before the freeze comes in...

mr. bojangles

mr. bojangles

Where do you get those epic passes and how much are they?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I was just talking to my wife today about how much I miss Co and would like to move back and raise our family there.

I lived in Summit County for about 10 years and moved back to Oregon in 2004. I was working in Oregon at a Pizza place called Old Chicago. We opened up a new restaruant and some of the trainers were flown in from colorado. I became great friends with one of the trainors and he was from Dillon. He told me I could move out there any time as he had a huge house and a extra room. Well my ex and I got into a fight and I called him and asked if it was still cool and he said yes. I was on grreyhound the same night.
I arrived in Silverthorne in late October. It was so pretty I could not believe my eyes. From that point I knew I was gong to live there for a long time. I lived in Summit County the whole time I was there. Pretty much stayed right around Lake Dillon.
They had a great deal for people under 25. I got a 5 mountain pass for $500 Vail, Beavercreek, Breck, Keystone and best of all A-Basin. Could not beet the deal for the best mountains in the country.
I first worked at Old Chicago in Silverthorne for about 3 years. Did tons of Yayo up there and at work. Then I moved to a really nice house on Ryan Gulch Rd. Had my best growroom of alltime at that house.
One of my favorite memories from there was getting first chair on the "Gonjala" (Gondola) with my best friends. It was a perfect day, Just got 2 feet of fresh Champagne Powder and we were all packin the dank. We puffed fuckin tuff the whole way up the mountain. We had the Gonjala straight smoked out. the funny part was when we got off and the people that work there hand you your boards as your leaving the gondola got a huge freakin Cloud of dank in there face. Told them it was the people before us. Guess you had to be there cus we all thought it was funny shit. The lady working was mad as hell screaming you are the first ones fuckers. We told her it was like that when we got on.
Anyway I miss Colorado very much. Great people, beatiful place to live and raise a family. Except when fucking El nino decides to fuck with it.
The best spot in Summit County is "The Beach" at A-Basin on 420!!!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

oh man. My back was too jacked to go last year. I missed out on way too many board meetings. Hoping to be able to handle it this year- been training a little already! (my back that is.) My first day was November '96, and Like mentioned above, the next day was spent on the couch. Didn't even leave to eat- it was chinese delivery and then pizza delivery. Getting in the car would have been hideously painful... LOL

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter

Yep 2 hours on a board doing full face plants was enough for me.... been skiing since 1976, no reason for me to switch now..........

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Where do you get those epic passes and how much are they?

The are in the $400 - $500 range depending on what mountains and how many days you want to ski. You can google Colorado Pass or Rocky Mountain Super Pass, depending on which of the two you want.

The passes for Breck, Keystone, A-Basin, Vail and The Beav are here:

Colorado Ski and Golf: Aurora, Arvada, Littleton and Colorado Springs
(7 days a week)

Boulder Ski Deals: Boulder (7 days a week)

Breeze: Dumont and Lakewood (7 days a week).
*Passes purchased Monday - Thursday will be mailed to guests
within two to three weeks.

REI: Boulder (Friday-Sunday)
Colorado Springs (Friday-Sunday)
Denver (7 days a week)
Englewood (Friday-Sunday)
Fort Collins (Friday-Sunday)
Lakewood (Friday-Sunday)
Westminster (Friday-Sunday)

The passes good at Winter Park, Coppper Mountain and Steamboat are here:

Christy Sports - Ft. Collins
101 E. Foothills Pkwy.
Ft. Collins, CO 80525
Monday - Saturday: 10am - 6pm
Sunday: 11am - 5pm
Google Maps

Christy Sports - Boulder
2000 30th Street
Boulder, CO 80301
303-442-2493
9/4 – 12/13
Mon-Sat 10-7, Sun 11-6
GoogleMaps

Christy Sports - Flatirons
520 Zang Street
Broomfield, CO 80020
303-410-8955
9/4 – 12/13
Mon-Sat 10-7, Sun 11-6
Google Maps

Christy Sports - Cherry Creek
201 University Blvd.
Denver, CO 80206
303-321-3885
9/4 – 12/13
Mon-Sat 10-7, Sun 11-6
Google Maps

Christy Sports - Southwest
8176 W. Bowles Ave.
Littleton, CO 80123
303-972-0432
9/4 – 12/13
Mon-Sat 10-7, Sun 11-6
Google Maps
Christy Sports - Denver West
14371 W. Colfax Ave.
Lakewood, CO 80401
Monday - Friday: 10am - 7pm
Saturday: 10am - 6pm
Sunday: 11am - 5pm
Google Maps

Christy Sports - Orchard
5926 S. Holly
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
303-740-7055
9/4 – 12/13
Mon-Sat 10-7, Sun 11-6
Google Maps

Christy Sports - Park Meadows
9609 E. County Line Road
Englewood, CO 80112
303-708-8535
9/4 – 12/13
Mon-Sat 10-7, Sun 11-6
Google Maps

Christy Sports - Chapel Hills
8045 N. Academy Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
719-278-3648
9/4 – 12/13
Mon-Sat 10-7, Sun 11-6
Google Maps

Christy Sports - Colorado Springs
1808 N. Academy Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
719-597-5222
9/4 – 12/13
Mon-Sat 10-7, Sun 11-6
Google Maps

waayne

waayne

The learning curve for snowboarding is kinda steep but totally worth it.There's nothing like surfing the mountain's on a powder day!:rasta2:
:character0180:

Z

zDisturbedz

I miss it, but my body can't take it anymore. I might go up a couple of times with my 9 year old son to see if he wants to pursue it. Too many old injuries for me to go out on the Black's, the Blues are too boring for me, and the greens will put me to sleep. I am in pretty good shape and my muscles can handle it, but at this point in my life the ligaments just can't take it for more than a half a day. Once all the scar tissue starts moving the day is spent in the bar drinking coffee and kaluhua lol.

sky high

sky high

I moved here to ski. (26 years ago yesterday!) Spent the first 4 years working on the mountain and skiing 7 days a week. Fugged my L knee up in '87....surgery in '88... kinda held me back after that...mostly in the "mental" dept. Folks who ski know how limiting it can be to let yer head ski the run before you do. Like others, I started passing on the bumps/jumps...unlike my earlier years where we sought out the steeps and cliffs and deep stashes routinely.

Broke my back in '93.....sled riding of all things. (Note to readers: Don't put yer 2 little kids on yer lap on a saucer sled and blast down a big hill with a hidden rock aimed at yer ass) I skiied for years after this with no real problems....but the combination of injury and wear/tear both on/off the hill (was a landscaper for 20 years) made the sport less and less enjoyable as tiume went along. Once I started having to do a "Sonny Bono" and eat 3-4 vicodins to be able to endure....I pretty much gave it up and haven't been on the hill in 4 years or so now.

maybe one of these days....but all-in-all...considering the expense and the fact that it tosses you squarely in "touron hell" I find it more fun these days to snowshoe or just go out and hike a packed down trail with a fatty in my hand....

happy trails, however you decide to travel.....

s h

C

COb

Couple years ago, well quite a few now, we hiked loveland pass on the 4th of July, and built a 4 ft kicker... fun as hell. I HATE paying to ride, and will hike it whenever possible, so folks interested should check out hidden valley up in RMNP. A very satisfying ride.

F

Funkfingers

I'm down to do some riding @ loveland pass whenever one of my favorite spots..I grew up building backyard kickers in the foothills.. Hopefully we have a good winter..

C

COb

hell yeah funk! ever been up to hidden valley? its an old closed down ski resort that the park service still maintains. You guys do any bombin off the roof back in the day?

Almanac says a dry winter... but they said last winter was supposed to be really wet

Top Bottom