CO2...Do you use it?

• Thread starter DrDanko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrDanko

what i know about c02 is that its was supplament cuase heat cuases plants stomas to close so growers started using it cuase the heat from thier indoor grow lights slowed growth so people added c02. i would go with more lights but if your heat is a problem youd have to add a/c and c02 cuase a/c's recirculate air and not use fresh air

Hey BudGood: I hear ya bro, but why do you think you need an a/c just to circulate air? I use a couple box fans and have a carbon filter 'scrubber' that should circulate the air. The scrubber isn't going to mess with the CO2, is it? I wouldn't think it would, but I'm not a science guy.\

On another note, 2 weeks ago I got a $100 gift certificate from my grow shop! Won their monthly giveaway. I never win stuff like this, so I got a kick out of it. So I spent it all over the weekend. While there, I got a raffle ticket with my purchase for another drawing they are doing(for their grand opening, new location). So today I get a phone call and I won again! This raffle was for a CO2 bucket, which I mentioned in a post earlier today I've used before but is too small for my current situation. So I guess I'm gonna have find someone who can use it. Anyone with a tent grow or closet grow need one? PM me! LOL. DrD.

E

ent

imo- the only way to roll is with a closed room, vented hoods in a closed system, a/c, dehumidifier and co2 on a controller (chhc-1 rox for the price). you are almost 100% in control of your environment and real development can begin.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
If your room is getting 80 with the door closed then use a tank. How long a tank will last depends on how sealed your room really is. I went with a burner because of ease of propane. If my tank runs out i can always get a new one from a 7-11 or walmart which are 24 hrs. Also lugging around 20lb co2 tanks in and out of a house is a little more noticeable then 5 gal propane tanks for grills. Plus the propane lasts me a month or two so really not changing it out all that often. The 2 burners put off about as much heat as a 600 so very manageable. You can also get Fan controllers that will flip/flop fans and co2 equip so you can vent the room and control heat without an a/c. Only problem is you will blowing through alot more co2 tanks.

j wizzle

j wizzle

guys, thanks for this info. i was looking into getting CO2 but my room isnt dialed in just yet. looks like more lights first, then ill be adding the CO2.

one question that hasnt been answered though.... does co2 improve the quality? or just the quantity?

E

ent

both. i've noticed denser buds, even lower where less light makes its way down. this increase your yield by having less popcorn nugs and increases the quality of the nugs by making them a bit more dense.

H

hailo

imo- the only way to roll is with a closed room, vented hoods in a closed system, a/c, dehumidifier and co2 on a controller (chhc-1 rox for the price). you are almost 100% in control of your environment and real development can begin.

thats my setup also and wont deviate...CHHC +1

bud good

bud good

if i was adding c02, venting isnt required cuase you dont want to waste your c02 by venting it out the room. so i suggested adding an a/c window unit. a/c's keep a steady humdity level too so your prolly not gonna need to vent for that reason... so i was saying add more light first but if the light makes a heating problem then add an a/c or more c02 which ever you find mmore plyable they say theres enough(co2) in our atmosphere to feed the plants so... heat + a/c + venting(venting brings in fresh air with c02) = ok (but if your heat isnt dialed in below 80 then your gonna need c02 so heat+ ac+ c02= ok you dont need to vent unless you get humidity problems or only venting during the night when lights are off and no co2 isnt being pumped into the room.

i hope that helps

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Humidity is handled by dehumidifiers and humidifiers if you seal your room.

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

does anyone know anything about using Co2 with the under current setups?

K

kmk4eva

i use co2 with a burner spent like 430 on the burner 50 bucks for the propane tank and i have to refill the tank every two weeks when running 24/7 and every month on 12/12 i have my burner hooked up to a controler holds 1500 - 1800 ppm like nothing

T

TwoCreeks

I have a hydrogen water cooled CO2 generator (drain to waste) in my 1000 or so cubic foot 4K room with a Solatel controller and it has made a noticable difference. I have had no problems with it at all. I use a 5 gallon propane tank about once a month during 12/12, about the same as my outdoor grill, which I cook on most nights. I have air cooled lights, sufficient a/c and a dehumidifier and have been able to keep the room at the temperature and humidity I choose. I'm really glad I have CO2 in the room.

D

Danconia

What about carbonated water and spraying your plants a few times a day?

E

eyepinpools

I use a 50lb co2 tank and a hydrogen monitor. Seems to work pretty well, not that difficult to transport discretely since I have a garage and large enough vehicle, although it is seriously heavy.

The tank was purchased new from the gas vendor for right around $300 filled. Each fill after is $39. The monitor was $280 and the tank reg was $125.

Just a little friendly advice, if they ask what the tank is for beer is a good option. Remember you need the type of tank that delivers the gas form of co2. Not sure off the top of my head if it is anti-siphon or not.

F

FrostyDank

in a sealed room with a c02 tank, how many degrees will it lower your temperature when using the optimal amounts?

E

eyepinpools

I run a sealed room, but don't notice any cooling benefits from the co2 being released. If your looking for cooling I would just say get a big enough a/c.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I use it. 12x12 room 4k. 2 - 20lb co2 tanks/regulator with sentinel controller.

With a dialed run, I noticed about a 30% increase in yield. Quality was better.

Need to be on top of things because everything happens much faster. I also stuck with the same strain and learned what it needs. Then I added c02 on the next run. That really helped. Less factors to chase down problems. (if any and when they arise)

Like stated.
AIR - LIGHT - NUTRIENTS - WATER - HUMIDITY -TEMPS - ALL MUST BE PRECISE!!!

aSilvrHaze RE: does anyone know anything about using Co2 with the under current setups?

yes, keep the air pumps out of the room. So they can pump air that is not c02 enhanced into the UC.

What about carbonated water and spraying your plants a few times a day?

IMHO, better to spend that time taking care of them or giving a foliar feed. That is not going to produce enough c02 to make a difference.

if your going to do it do it right. C02 monitor regulator and tanks or a burner.

Timers guesstimate of c02 levels etc. All generally not work as well.

B

Bobby Smith

Agree with what (mostly) everyone has said so far - both quantity and quality increase.

Have the Sentinel CHHC-1 hooked up to a Cap-1 generator (4 burner) and it rocks.

Also have three 20# tanks, but they became such a pain in the ass to fillup that I said "fuck 'em" - also not half as shady to refill a propane tank as it is to lug around CO2 tanks.

One thing that no one has seemed to touch on is (to me, anyways) one of the greatest advantages of CO2 - your bug problems are a thing of the past.

Once every week I run my CO2 dummy high (the Sentinel doesn't tell me how high, just says "CO2 HIGH" or something like that on the readout) and that effectively kills any living non-plant creature in my growspace.

As I consider bugs to be the greatest problem for indoor growers (besides ventilation), that advantage is priceless, IMO.

However, remember what others on this thread have said - the other limiting factors must be met for the CO2 to be fully utilized.

Good luck.

O

oldmate

can anyone tell me if there is any difference between a instant hot water system and the hydrogen co2 generator?no-one will send hydrogen products to Australia and noone stocks them down here and i want one...

B

Bobby Smith

can anyone tell me if there is any difference between a instant hot water system and the hydrogen co2 generator?no-one will send hydrogen products to Australia and noone stocks them down here and i want one...

Answered you on the other thread - no difference.

B

Buddy Hemphill

I run a Gen3 burner and the baddest controller Sentinel makes.

Why scrimp?

CO2 for you plants is like make-up on your wife. She doesn't have to use it for you to love her...but she sure does look a whole lot better when she does.

Top Bottom