Co2 Information & Questions

• Thread starter DETtoPDX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

Hey all, need some Co2 help.
First, when it comes to Co2 enrichment, should I be worried about carbon monoxide at all? I do not use a generator, I am using tanks with a titan controls regulator and an autopilot APC820. I plan on having the lights on while I am away, at work and school, with Co2 pumping up to 1200 ppm.

Next question: Can you recirculate Co2 back Into a tent without intake? Has anyone tried? I was hoping to avoid this, but even with duck taping all things seam-like in the tent, Co2 inevitably escapes. If I could use my duct fan to suck air out and then back onto the plants, I would effectively keep the Co2 moving... In theory. A question I answered: would one still need passive intake? It would seem with a weaker fan you could get away with simply recirculating the air itself back into the tent and onto the plants, no intake required. With passive intake, you would be reducing the Co2 concentration in the tent steadily, meaning the tanks would be running very frequently, wasting co2. At that point You may as well seal the room, so passive intake isn’t an option.
Option 1: seal the room, no recirculating.
Option 2: recirculate back into tent, no intake.

I will be sealing the tiny grow room REGARDLESS with stripping everywhere, so the slow release should be more than compensated by my sensor and regulator.

What do you think? Can you recirculate Co2 back Into a tent without intake? And what cfm fan would you need for a 5x5?

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

Can anyone provide insight here? Theres no answers on the forum that I can find, seems like this post might be needed.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Thats a great idea! I hope u find what your looking for! If I could afford to add the co2 I would. I tried making my own with yeast and sugar. Miserably failed.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Ok the way i set it up, i have a tent with a volume of 2.7 cubic meters (4’x4’x6’) and an exhaust fan with 2 speed motor. I run it at low setting, 440 cmh (cubic meters hour). That gives me 7.5 cubic meters of fresh air a minute. There is a carbon filter attached, that takes this number down of course but i don’t know if there is a way to calculate how much. Well anyway, theoratically i can change the air of the tent almost 3 times without the carbon filter and probably 1.5-2 times with the filter attached every minute.
This setup works for me tho i could have gone with something with a much lower cmh like 200, maybe even lower.
But the setup you are describing is something i have never tried, mostly because i don’t use co2 :)
You might have to try this out yourself..

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Thats a great idea! I hope u find what your looking for! If I could afford to add the co2 I would. I tried making my own with yeast and sugar. Miserably failed.
Really, i did this once, i think in my last grow and had good results. I used a 30 liter bucket for brewing beer filled halfway with water and added yeast and dextrose. I used this 3-4 weeks by shaking everyday and adding more sugar when the bubbles started to slow down. I noticed nice growth while doing this, but gave up because it is a hassle to keep it going.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Really, i did this once, i think in my last grow and had good results. I used a 30 liter bucket for brewing beer filled halfway with water and added yeast and dextrose. I used this 3-4 weeks by shaking everyday and adding more sugar when the bubbles started to slow down. I noticed nice growth while doing this, but gave up because it is a hassle to keep it going.
Exactly .I was using a 3 liter bottle and it was a pain in the ass .I still have 1/2 lb of sugar. I had a 4 in intake from an a.c. and a 4 in carbon exhaust filter so I figures it would be pointless to produce so little .I havent researched it but niw that I dont need a.c. I would be willing to try your idea about recirculation. Too bad no older more knowledgeable farmers would have input.... @heisenbubble @Toaster79

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

Exactly .I was using a 3 liter bottle and it was a pain in the ass .I still have 1/2 lb of sugar. I had a 4 in intake from an a.c. and a 4 in carbon exhaust filter so I figures it would be pointless to produce so little .I havent researched it but niw that I dont need a.c. I would be willing to try your idea about recirculation. Too bad no older more knowledgeable farmers would have input.... @heisenbubble @Toaster79

From what I’ve researched online, it’s extremely difficult to achieve steady homemade Co2 methods, although people have done it.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
From what I’ve researched online, it’s extremely difficult to achieve steady homemade Co2 methods, although people have done it.
You are not going to reach anywhere near 1200 ppm or anything. I don’t pull air from the outside directly so it was just a little boost.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Yeah your gonna waste it being in a tent more than anything

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

Yeah your gonna waste it being in a tent more than anything
That’s what I’m thinking. I sealed my room completely, I think I will just have to experiment and see where it goes, I realize most people wouldn’t put this much effort in but I really enjoy growing.

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

You'll be fine without Co2. I only run 2 runs a year off Co2 my rooms with fresh air and cooler temps seem to be happeir than my Co2 rooms

I just really want to experiment for the time being, I think I’m going to figure it out pretty easily. I have the tank and set up ready to go. I go to watch the set up video, and they recommend - Co2 heater for the tank to prevent freeze up. Anyone else experience this? Or are they just trying to sell me useless material?

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

No need for tank heater

Thanks amigo, I’m going to start Co2 once my two 40” tower fans come in, one each corner. Nice alternating oscillation will circulate the air enough in the tent, I don’t think my clip on fans will get the job done. Plants are also still pretty small, but grew quite a bit. I decided to stop the vero and keep them under their original CFL’s for a bit, they’re establishing those roots and the CFLs really dry the soil out quicker at this moment.
DDCF57D1 DF19 4A86 A267 7208C0C62AC4

Here is how I sealed my room. I used weather stripping, and a door sweep. I had to hack-saw the door sweep frame to the perfect length, took me two cuts.
00FED278 F435 4665 92F7 0A34B6516CDE

Then I weather stripped the door, all around the inner edges.
8879FEA3 65B3 4CD6 8D18 44B8BFDC2D36

I then closed the door on the sweep, making sure it was tucked under the door. In place and right, I used roofing nails to make little holes while the edge of my foot held it tight to the door.
Then I screwed it in! Simple. Tiiight. I did the same to my window with stripping, and cling filmed/taped my only air vent. Officially sealed.
09C93B50 B162 407C AE67 3F2DD624911B

Latest posts

Top Bottom