Co2 Or Not Co2

• Thread starter Nugzlivez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nugzlivez

Nugzlivez

Hi, I usually grow in a tent but have moved to a contained room. No tent require. There' plenty ventilation. Do I need co2 ? If so what' a good setup for 16sq ft

H

hawkman

it will be a bit pricy for a good CO2 system (bottle,ect) don't use the small co2 products like green pad , tbn naturals, co2 exhale - (money grabbers) suggest you do a grow , learn and next time use co2 if you have the extra money

SweetTooth75

SweetTooth75

A wall AC will provide everything you need. The best crop I ever grew, afforded me 15g per 3 gallon pot, grown in dirt. The only variable that changed was the air conditioner. Simple. Cheap.

V

VeganSDjoe

A wall AC will provide everything you need. The best crop I ever grew, afforded me 15g per 3 gallon pot, grown in dirt. The only variable that changed was the air conditioner. Simple. Cheap.
So a wall a.c. I better to use over a portable dual hose a.c. unit?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Do NOT USE an active air dual hose portable ac. Total and utter worthless garbage. Couldn't even bring a small 10x10 80* lung room under 77*. I let the unit run 24hrs straight.

I currently use and have great luck with my current LG 14k but single hose portable ac. This is my 3rd LG 14k portable in almost 6 yrs. Home depot

SweetTooth75

SweetTooth75

I like the idea of outside air being pulled in. Its loaded with everything mother nature has provided. If your stand alone AC can do that, great, it will create the same result. If you're in a climate where running a wall AC in January is suspicious, you'll have to come up with other ideas. If the stand alone AC won't pull in outside air, you have to come up with other ideas. Can you crack open a window when the light cycle is on? Or off? A blast of fresh air a couple times a day will do wonders for your girls.

SweetTooth75

SweetTooth75

Oh, side note: If you're growing in a living area, make sure you cover the floor in either cardboard or dark plastic. The lights will bleach the color of the carpet or wood, making it easy to distinguish that a grow op was there.

V

VeganSDjoe

I like the idea of outside air being pulled in. Its loaded with everything mother nature has provided. If your stand alone AC can do that, great, it will create the same result. If you're in a climate where running a wall AC in January is suspicious, you'll have to come up with other ideas. If the stand alone AC won't pull in outside air, you have to come up with other ideas. Can you crack open a window when the light cycle is on? Or off? A blast of fresh air a couple times a day will do wonders for your girls.
What temp do you keep your grow room at?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

If you can grow, you can grow. If ya can't, ya can't. I've yet to see a room with c02 out yield a room, rooms, warehouse with C02. I know the science doesn't back my statement here, but I go with what I see/compare. One of the reasons I like to post so many pics. Even with identical genetics, I've seen a fresh air room far out do a sealed C02 room. Healthy mothers, healthy clones, trained correct, and no hiccus. I'd bet on me

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Just breathe heavily in your room for a couple hours a day
Kinda true. I had c02 meters in my rooms. When I'd feed I'd see the c02 rise pretty drastically. When a few of us would trim, I've see it get up there. These were not small rooms

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Just breathe heavily in your room for a couple hours a day
Get in there and do your workout every day. haha, anybody else do pushups in the grow room?

Hi, I usually grow in a tent but have moved to a contained room. No tent require. There' plenty ventilation. Do I need co2 ? If so what' a good setup for 16sq ft
There are a lot of variables that should guide your decision. The amount of light you can supply. At least 35-50 watts per square foot. The amount of A/C needed to cool all your equipment, and possible further equipment. Have to get a Dehumidifier as well, if not you chance bud rot in most cases.

If the grow is in your house and you have good circulation you may not need C02... Generally we produce enough C02 to provide the plants with what they need. Lots of variables with this.

MW7945

MW7945

Get in there and do your workout every day. haha, anybody else do pushups in the grow room?

I can think of something that'd get two people breathing pretty heavily.

Or hell 10 people depending on what you're into. I don't judge.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

So a wall a.c. I better to use over a portable dual hose a.c. unit?

DO NOT buy a portable A.C. Buy a "mini-split" from a good company. Over-size the Btu's and you will have total control! Calculations for each piece of equipment, that produce heat are on internet. example: 1K HPS = 6K BTU.

Remember..... anything that takes electricity produces BTU's. Good luck figuring your total..... Then add some for upgrades!!!

If you can grow, you can grow. If ya can't, ya can't. I've yet to see a room with c02 out yield a room, rooms, warehouse with C02. I know the science doesn't back my statement here, but I go with what I see/compare. One of the reasons I like to post so many pics. Even with identical genetics, I've seen a fresh air room far out do a sealed C02 room. Healthy mothers, healthy clones, trained correct, and no hiccups. I'd bet on me

The science backs.... CO2 will help..... only if everything else is doing well!

Kinda true. I had c02 meters in my rooms. When I'd feed I'd see the c02 rise pretty drastically. When a few of us would trim, I've see it get up there. These were not small rooms

100% true. We breathe out a lot of CO2 and when in a sealed room. PPM's climb when just one person exists in there.

If you can afford it, I recommended getting it. But start small. But not too small..... Minimum a 20lb aluminum bottle from a gas company or hydro store, a regulator that does cfm, and some tubing. Then get a timer to regulate output. Calculations exist on internet. OR................ Go big and get automated CO2 system with remote sniffer and computer based CO2 output.

I hope this helps.....

Top Bottom