Co2 poisoning?

• Thread starter Buttercup726
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buttercup726

Buttercup726

Flipped the switch on my ladies last night. Turned the co2 on but didn’t notice the burner was not plugged in the sensor. So essentially the burner/co2 was running all night until I popped in the room 16 hours later noticing a strong smell of co2 and the plants looked stressed. The heads looked bad. Will they recover. It was for about to 16 hours. The ppms were over 10000. I unplugged the burner and the ppms began to drop. I just want my ladies to recover.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Flipped the switch on my ladies last night. Turned the co2 on but didn’t notice the burner was not plugged in the sensor. So essentially the burner/co2 was running all night until I popped in the room 16 hours later noticing a strong smell of co2 and the plants looked stressed. The heads looked bad. Will they recover. It was for about to 16 hours. The ppms were over 10000. I unplugged the burner and the ppms began to drop. I just want my ladies to recover.
Sounds like ethylene poisoning to me have pics?

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

I only took one. Man. Is there anything I can do to correct it.
2F34A0AF FF3D 43F0 8334 9DF0D680E0A7

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I only took one. Man. Is there anything I can do to correct it. View attachment 1000368
They perk back up after? run the exhaust long enough to exchange the whole room. Possible burner issue not efficiently burning gases can also cause this. I highly doubt it was the Co2 even at that concentration. I use bottled gas and have seen almost 3k I know much lower than 10k but no effects. Ethylene is a killer even in tiny amounts. Pay attention to the plants if you see this happening you may need to vent the room more often. Just for future knowledge. The reason plants are so sensitive to it is because unlike Co2 Ethylene is a plant hormone.

Maybe an ethylene monitor will help you see when and if its an issue

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

appreciate the response aqua man. I think its high ppms from the CO2. Can’t believe I made that mistake. My other room has a few ladies in there and I didn’t make that mistake with sensor. Heads look nice and perky. I might spray it with something tonight. Gonna do some digging on the forum.

Any input would be highly appreciated
C10242DD 8903 4FF4 8F65 00C7EBE05F7C

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

appreciate the response aqua man. I think its high ppms from the CO2. Can’t believe I made that mistake. My other room has a few ladies in there and I didn’t make that mistake with sensor. Heads look nice and perky. I might spray it with something tonight. Gonna do some digging on the forum.

Any input would be highly appreciated
View attachment 1000378
I wouldn't spray anything on a stressed plant. I highly doubt it was the Co2

hamburgermidnight

hamburgermidnight

Hey, so did you ever get to the bottom of it. I have a Plug-n-grow IGS-061 that took a shit in me twice and plants went from heathy and happy to exactly what you showed. I was gone for 6 hours and when I came back my
Co2 readout was pinned at
5,000 which is the max but who knows what it actually was. This happened twice in two weeks. It took a week for the plants to fully recover. I’m under fluence spydr2i at 35%. Here’s my before and after photos from the same day. First two are before the co2 controller went to shit.
79159941 56BC 4995 BFBB EBDCA4D3922E
A9F3627C 8767 4891 AC99 99E04D98664C
11E028CE 4685 4073 83EE 8B0E1D29323F
5D220699 646D 4CDA 9E84 6D7C70F66FC3

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

You smelled co2? That's weird..... probably smelt gas (propane). I had a regulator go bad and dump 14,000ppm co2 in my flower room. Zero smell/odor.

hamburgermidnight

hamburgermidnight

You smelled co2? That's weird..... probably smelt gas (propane). I had a regulator go bad and dump 14,000ppm co2 in my flower room. Zero smell/odor.
When a flame is burning you can smell/feel the moisture / flame or whatever other by-products occur if it’s been running in an enclosed space. Similar to after lighting an oven and letting it preheat a bit and you open the door

hamburgermidnight

hamburgermidnight

When a flame is burning you can smell/feel the moisture / flame or whatever other by-products occur if it’s been running in an enclosed space. Similar to after lighting an oven and letting it preheat a bit and you open the door
Also, after hearing your response and others experiences of Co2 bottles dumping with no ill effects it’s leading me to think that when a burner dumps like that it’s the by-products like ethylene that cause the severe effects of trying to stop transpiration giving it that claw look.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

That's carbon monoxide (aka the silent killer)

Co2 gas does NOT smell. Propane has an deodorant put in it to help people discern that there is a major gas leak problem

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also, after hearing your response and others experiences of Co2 bottles dumping with no ill effects it’s leading me to think that when a burner dumps like that it’s the by-products like ethylene that cause the severe effects of trying to stop transpiration giving it that claw look.
Inefficient burners give off ethylene and im all but certain its ethylene poisoning.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Single stage regulator? End of tank dump?
I used a regulator that was made with the "shiney metal" and not the usual brass. It froze open (where the reg connects to the bottle threads split) and dumped the bottle in the room. My controller is outside the room and it rwad 14,000ppm co2. I documented the mishap 6yrs ago on here.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I used a regulator that was made with the "shiney metal" and not the usual brass. It froze open (where the reg connects to the bottle threads split) and dumped the bottle in the room. My controller is outside the room and it rwad 14,000ppm co2. I documented the mishap 6yrs ago on here.
Ouch haha. Sorry not funny but thats a first for me.

Top Bottom