Co2 till the end...

• Thread starter QuarterbackMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Ok I know there is a million threads about this but it seems like a lot of people who say to cut it off during the last 2 weeks are all the broke ass cost cutters who try and pinch every last penny.

Obviously if your a uc user the money ain't no thing and it's all about results which is why I'm posting this here... What are your real world opinions about keeping the co2 rolling until the end? Experiences? Studies? Let's hear it...

deacon1503

deacon1503

I've always cut mine back down to normal levels at the end of week 5, 350 ppm. unfortunately I can't comment otherwise. If u run it @ 1500 till harvest I have heard it can decrease potency.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Cutting back is a finish issue imo. Lots of people mistake harshness for nutrients that really is Co2.

Money doesn't make sense. Co2 is cheap to run and the rewards are great.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I've always cut mine back down to normal levels at the end of week 5, 350 ppm. unfortunately I can't comment otherwise. If u run it @ 1500 till harvest I have heard it can decrease potency.

Yeah that's what heard too but there is also some people who say they run it until the end and they say it's better then ever so I don't know what to think... I personally can understand the need to cut back maybe but to my understanding plants breath the co2 like we breath air I don't understand why you would wanna cut the air supply off.

Now being that the metabolism is slowed down maybe cut back to like 750 ppm since it's moving a little bit slower but I'm in a sealed room cutting my gen off would take my ppm to nothing and then the plants wouldnt have it period which also makes no sense, I don't like choking when I'm working hard you know?

As far as taste and smell go co2 is odorless gas and tasteless does anyone care to elaborate on how an odorless tasteless gas could alter the smell and taste of the extremely funky and tasty weed your growing?

As far as potency goes I don't see how co2 couldn't help the potency when your in your most important growth stages where it clearly shows that it's working the hardest. I remember when I use to watch NHL hockey games they use to have an oxygen chamber in the locker rooms to help pick you back up if you were fatigued and speed up recoveries on messed up limbs and what not. Wouldn't co2 work to the old tired plants on the same note as the hockey players o2 chamber? I really would like to see a study or some proof that choking my plants out for the last 2-3 weeks of it's most important cycle of life is gonna be beneficial to my end result...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if you run it to the end you may find that your strain doesnt want to finish - it will just keep foxtailing and putting on weight - wont do much for flavor or potency

really you only need to boost co2 to about 1200 from day 21 flower until 14 days (or more even) before the chop

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

if you run it to the end you may find that your strain doesnt want to finish - it will just keep foxtailing and putting on weight - wont do much for flavor or potency

really you only need to boost co2 to about 1200 from day 21 flower until 14 days (or more even) before the chop

So are you saying cut it off completely or just back off a lot mind you im in a sealed room...

deacon1503

deacon1503

So are you saying cut it off completely or just back off a lot mind you im in a sealed room...

As mentioned, bringing the co2 levels back down to normal outside atmospheric levels which is roughly 300 - 400 wont choke them out at all. If I turn off the gas in my room, within a few hours it is almost all gone. I've seen it at 12 ppms before.

Always have at least normal levels in there so they can breath easy.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
CO2 in higher concentration encourages the plant to create leaves as a means of storing the extra carbon, which at very least increases your leaf to calyx ratio and promotes chlorophyll production as well.

Veg 82F.....1500 ppm CO2

Early Flower 78F......1000 ppm CO2

Mid Flower 75F.......600 ppm CO2

Last 2 Weeks 72F......300 ppm (ambient) CO2.....solution temp 60F

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if your sealed just run it at normal levels the last few weeks

M

medicine21

CO2 in higher concentration encourages the plant to create leaves as a means of storing the extra carbon, which at very least increases your leaf to calyx ratio and promotes chlorophyll production as well.

Veg 82F.....1500 ppm CO2

If you were running perpetual sealed with a veg room and 2-stage flower room exchanging air between each other, where would you keep your temps/humidity/CO2 in this setup?

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
If you were running perpetual sealed with a veg room and 2-stage flower room exchanging air between each other, where would you keep your temps/humidity/CO2 in this setup?

Are you dumping air from the veg to bloom, vice versa or perpetually back and forth?

You may have to compromise and shoot for something in the middle if it needs to suit both.

M

medicine21

Are you dumping air from the veg to bloom, vice versa or perpetually back and forth?

You may have to compromise and shoot for something in the middle if it needs to suit both.

I have two 10" in-wall duct fans exchanging air between flower and veg and keeping climate constant across two rooms. One sucks from veg and blows to flower and the other in opposite direction.

Sounds like I either have to give up a little veg vigor or some finishing power.

What would be a good compromise, in your opinion, for temp/humidity/CO2 levels?

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
76-78F......40-50%......800-1000 ppm.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Veg 82F.....1500 ppm CO2

That makes sense uchq... Where you getting your numbers from? Do you have any personal grow pics I could see using those numbers? I would like to see a personal grow pic and know what you guys are personally using and doing over there...

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
CCH2O-STANDARD-RECOMMENDATIONS-CHART.gif

Here's a chart better exemplifying the trends I'm referring to. In our observations total weight was typically 10-15% higher with CO2 runs @ high ppm to harvest. The down side seems to always be too much of this was leaf and not bud tissue as well as being greener at harvest as opposed to bronzed and vine ripe.
We're here to offer support which should be taken as just opinion and nothing more :)

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

CCH2O-STANDARD-RECOMMENDATIONS-CHART.gif

Here's a chart better exemplifying the trends I'm referring to. In our observations, though total weight was typically 10-15% higher with CO2 run @ high ppm to harvest. The down side seems to always be too much of this was leaf and not bud tissue as well as being greener at harvest as opposed to bronzed and vine ripe.

We're here to offer support which should be taken with a grain of salt, as should all opinions.
well ok pics I can understand but I wanna know what your running in your personal gardens... You can at least tell us that...

W

woody420

so your saying that running co2 high in the flower has made your buds fluffy ??

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
well ok pics I can understand but I wanna know what your running in your personal gardens... You can at least tell us that...

Currently, a small R&D garden 6X 1000 with a UC 20XL Double Barrel.....but the opinions I share are based off of 20+ years involved with agriculture and hydroponics at both a hobby and professional level.

Fluffy....for from it, like rocks with a lot more leaves to trim.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Currently, a small R&D garden 6X 1000 with a UC 20XL Double Barrel.....but the opinions I share are based off of 20+ years involved with agriculture and hydroponics at both a hobby and professional level.

Fluffy....for from it, like rocks with a lot more leaves to trim.

Sweet... How's it going? What you find out so far? Are you using custom brew nutes?

Latest posts

Top Bottom