Co2 Week1 Veg Lockout?

• Thread starter Baytotheyay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Baytotheyay

Baytotheyay

Hi Guys,

This is my first time running co2 in a sealed room and Im experiencing some type of lockout

looks like a mag and under watered

First things first,

Week 1 Veg

Fire OG strain

Tray 1: 2x nano lux 630w cmh
Tray 2: 2 xGavita pro E series at 500w

rockwool biggies

Tap water @110ppm
H2o2 2ml
calmag 1ml
Vegbloom Ro/soft 4ml
Vegbloom Life 1 ml

total feed 750ppm @500scale

Co2 pumps were set at 900
900-950ppms hold

compressed tanks

temps:
78F-80F
60%RH

Im currently clearing room and dropping back to 500ppms.

Also have a personal smoke plant in soil with an organic feed, which is also getting the same problem now, thus leading me to think its the co2.

Has anyone ever heard of 900ppms in veg being too much? or does anyone have any ideas?

I transplanted and fed saturday night, so they're plenty wet.

Co2 week1 veg lockout
Co2 week1 veg lockout 2
Co2 week1 veg lockout 3
Co2 week1 veg lockout 4
Baytotheyay

Baytotheyay

UPDATE: they've gotten a lot worse as the night has gone on. Ppms for co2 have dropped to 580 now with system off completely. I'm using a little 8" fan to clear room into house with windows open. I killed the lights an hour early tonight as well set timers to correct time. Figured it wouldn't hurt since they'd stop taking in co2 until tomorrow. Give it time to clear.

Baytotheyay

Baytotheyay

This is also my second run with the CMH's, I had issues vegging with them last run too.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Sheesh. A little too early to goose the CO2 I think. Stick to atmosphere levels until they have more root mass. They look dry to me, even though you say they are wet. Using what I call the PETM trick https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleocene–Eocene_Thermal_Maximum causes significant transpiration. If the root systems cannot support that yet, you would get this. Limp plants that look poisoned. A side effect of that rapid PETM effect transpiration is excessive nutrient uptake. The plant needs water to transpire so takes up what it is given and that can lead to salt burn if the vascular maturity is not on par with demand.

Last edited:
Baytotheyay

Baytotheyay

Sheesh. A little early to goose the CO2 I think. Stick to atmosphere levels until they have more root mass. They look dry to me, even though you say they are wet. Using what I call the PETM trick https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleocene–Eocene_Thermal_Maximum causes significant transpiration. If the root systems cannot support that yet, you would get this.

Thanks for the reply, yes I know they look a bit dry to me too but the cubes are soaked good. I'm leaning either towards the lights being too intense this young or the more likely of the two, being too much co2 in the air. Now I just hope it's not too late. They've significantly gotten worse. But haven't gotten any one yet whose had this happen.

Baytotheyay

Baytotheyay

Sheesh. A little too early to goose the CO2 I think. Stick to atmosphere levels until they have more root mass. They look dry to me, even though you say they are wet. Using what I call the PETM trick https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleocene–Eocene_Thermal_Maximum causes significant transpiration. If the root systems cannot support that yet, you would get this. Limp plants that look poisoned. A side effect of that rapid PETM effect transpiration is excessive nutrient uptake. The plant needs water to transpire so takes up what it is given and that can lead to salt burn if the vascular maturity is not on par with demand.

Any recommendations at this point? Other than what I've already done?

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Well, I think it could be both. Intense light with high CO2 is what triggers that PETM plant response.

Needs roots, IMHO.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Any recommendations at this point? Other than what I've already done?

This is pretty much standing on the gas pedal. Back off a bit, as you are doing. Go back to ~400ppm or so with CO2. However I get a sense that you have too much light for the level of root development. Can you see sparkly white roots at the bottom of them cubes ? I pace things based more on roots than what I see topside.

Baytotheyay

Baytotheyay

This is pretty much standing on the gas pedal. Back off a bit, as you are doing. Go back to ~400ppm or so with CO2. However I get a sense that you have too much light for the level of root development. Can you see sparkly white roots at the bottom of them cubes ? I pace things based more on roots than what I see topside.

Looking way better this morning. Killed the co2 completely just opening the door to let some fresh air every couple of hours or so. Hopefully they recover fast

Baytotheyay

Baytotheyay

Any ideas to lowering ppms without cutting holes in my room? I have the doors open and windows open with a small 8" to help clear but I'm stuck at 600ppms. Did a foliage feed of some epsom tonight too

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I think leaving windows and doors open should all thats needed now that you shutoff the co2. As long as your plants continue to recover just keep doing what your doing. Hopefully I can get co2 going at some point. Not to be an asshole but I'm glad I can learn from others mistakes. Good luck!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Do the quite understand how co2 (something your plant needs to have to live), has an adverse effect and cause an issue. Possibly the co2 made an already small issue compound into a bigger issue.

I've been running co2 for about 2 yrs now.

fatawa

fatawa

Like already said.you just turned it up to quick.keep fresh air coming in and u will b good.i dont hit my co2 till bout wk3(just my style)mine r usualy triple yur size first.cant hit babies hard

Homesteader

Homesteader

I am a soil grower so take this at face value but I would foliar feed epsom on those girls. Are the ppms in your tap from carbonates?

m8ty

m8ty

Any ideas to lowering ppms without cutting holes in my room? I have the doors open and windows open with a small 8" to help clear but I'm stuck at 600ppms. Did a foliage feed of some epsom tonight too
Read somewhere that indoor air in a home is around 600 ppm..

hiboy

hiboy

Read somewhere that indoor air in a home is around 600 ppm..
Atmospheric CO2 is between four and 500
Why no CO2 in veg?
never needed it and that's the rule I've always
followed
It will make your plants drink a lot more and I've learned that it makes them bushier which may be good depending on your grow
You can also run your temperature higher with CO2
A lot of people like to use it after the second week of stretch

Homesteader

Homesteader

I run sealed but personally see the fastest growth in Veg where I can run the room at 80-83 degrees but I think/see most consumption of the gas by the plant in the first half of flower due to the larger size possibly + loss of CO2 from my soil.

Top Bottom