Co2 Week1 Veg Lockout?

• Thread starter Baytotheyay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

whylie

Hi Guys,

This is my first time running co2 in a sealed room and Im experiencing some type of lockout

looks like a mag and under watered

First things first,

Week 1 Veg

Fire OG strain

Tray 1: 2x nano lux 630w cmh
Tray 2: 2 xGavita pro E series at 500w

rockwool biggies

Tap water @110ppm
H2o2 2ml
calmag 1ml
Vegbloom Ro/soft 4ml
Vegbloom Life 1 ml

total feed 750ppm @500scale

Co2 pumps were set at 900
900-950ppms hold

compressed tanks

temps:
78F-80F
60%RH

Im currently clearing room and dropping back to 500ppms.

Also have a personal smoke plant in soil with an organic feed, which is also getting the same problem now, thus leading me to think its the co2.

Has anyone ever heard of 900ppms in veg being too much? or does anyone have any ideas?

I transplanted and fed saturday night, so they're plenty wet.
Cut c02 till second week of flower not veg

W

whylie

Ive found that tbe plant doesnt need the c02 till it starts producing bud then the C02 is like steroids for your buds and they explode to big for sweathearts

P

PharmHand

Plants can sense co2 and regulate stomatal opening accordingly.... Excess co2 causes stomata to close which incidentally stops transpiration causing a loss in turgur (droopiness). Excess depends on what they're used to. Leaves grown in high co2 environment adapt by having fewer stomata per sq inch, adaptation takes time. Never been able to keep veg plants happy above 6-800 ppm for any length of time. There's a guy named Spurr ,used to be on this site ,if you're interested in the specifics he explains it well.... I just realized this was over a month ago, hope they recovered for ya. Peace:)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Plants can only utilize only so much co2. I had a tank dump it's entire 20d contents in less than 5 mins and was at 20,400ppm for about 24hrs. No I'll effects. Had a reg freeze up and shit an entire bottle.

P

PharmHand

For me it usually takes about 7 days at newly elevated co2 levels to see negative effects. Usually lookin better around day 10

P

PharmHand

Plants can only utilize only so much co2. I had a tank dump it's entire 20d contents in less than 5 mins and was at 20,400ppm for about 24hrs. No I'll effects. Had a reg freeze up and shit an entire bottle.
That's scary if that's in your house. You can get co2 alarm detectors cheaply ,that shits a silent killer.... 50k+ is lethal lucky it was only a 20# :)

Top Bottom