Coco & Cal Mag deficincies

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

Yeah I do tend to overthink things in general, but especially with growing dope lol

Coir

Coir

Ah I think I get it now, you go by PPM first and THEN adjust the PH using PH+ or PH-?

Il try what you said anyway, just hope that when I get my desired PPM of 200-300 that the PH isnt sky high or too low in which case the PPM would skyrocket from the PH+ or PH-.

Il let you know how I get on anyway lol

If you are having to add so much pH adjustment that it pushes your ppm's through the roof then you have other issues that need to be addressed first. Your source water should not require that much of an adjustment. If it does, send it to the testing lab so you can find out exactly what the makeup of it is and go from there.

Dizzy Farmer

Dizzy Farmer

Hey guys, so I keep hearing about how coco leeches cal mag and just wanted to know at what point you start adding cal mag to the water?

I have 4 seedlings in solo cups, 2 days old and the first true leaves are now about the same size as the cotyleydons. The leaf tip on one look a bit purple, and another seedling leaf tip looks a bit pale yellow.

The only cal mag I could get was "plant magic magne cal" and its details are:

2.6 - 0.1 - 0.3 and contains 4.96% Ca and 2.58% Mag

Should I add a bit of this to the distilled water Iv been giving them?

Also, how do I go about adding this to the nutrient mix during veg? It seems a tad high in Nitrogen and since Il be using AN Grow Micro Bloom combo would that end up in a Nitrogen overdose?

Total noob to all this and when the seedlings outgrow the solo cups Il be transplanting into 3gal hempy buckets.

Thanks in advance guys

Hi mate,

I add cal mag at between 0.5ml and 1ml per Litre during veg and bloom. I add it in every week in at least one feeding, more if they are yellowing. It's important when using distilled/RO water as it lacks calcium in particular, but other beneficial minerals too. Cal Mag helps the plants uptake other elements and keeps them green.

Before I plant or transplant a seed /cuttings I rinse through my coco or other soil-less media in a weak nutrient mix which includes cal mag, cannazym (or equivalent) and also a roots solution eg House and Garden's Root Excelurator and a wetting agent.

Your meter sounds like it is in US parts per million. It's confusing when you are expecting a 1.3 EC and you get a number in the hundreds! Even more confusing is that Americans, Australians and Europeans all have their own formula. There are various calculators on the internet. Google "PPM to EC conversion".

I add my nutes using a syringe for accuracy, and test the EC right at the end. Once I know how much I need of each I make a note and add it without testing it. Cal Mag will raise it.

Regarding PH and EC, add all your nutes to the required amount, then ph up or down right at the end. You should only need a few drops either way if you are making small reservoirs. You have to stir it well to get a true reading. If your EC is too high, then add water, but start with weak nutes and build up as certain strains have different tolerances. Some can take EC of 2.4 +, others 1.8. It all depends. I increase it and simply observe how they respond.

Happy growing!

irishboiii

irishboiii

Hi mate,

I add cal mag at between 0.5ml and 1ml per Litre during veg and bloom. I add it in every week in at least one feeding, more if they are yellowing. It's important when using distilled/RO water as it lacks calcium in particular, but other beneficial minerals too. Cal Mag helps the plants uptake other elements and keeps them green.

Before I plant or transplant a seed /cuttings I rinse through my coco or other soil-less media in a weak nutrient mix which includes cal mag, cannazym (or equivalent) and also a roots solution eg House and Garden's Root Excelurator and a wetting agent.

Your meter sounds like it is in US parts per million. It's confusing when you are expecting a 1.3 EC and you get a number in the hundreds! Even more confusing is that Americans, Australians and Europeans all have their own formula. There are various calculators on the internet. Google "PPM to EC conversion".

I add my nutes using a syringe for accuracy, and test the EC right at the end. Once I know how much I need of each I make a note and add it without testing it. Cal Mag will raise it.

Regarding PH and EC, add all your nutes to the required amount, then ph up or down right at the end. You should only need a few drops either way if you are making small reservoirs. You have to stir it well to get a true reading. If your EC is too high, then add water, but start with weak nutes and build up as certain strains have different tolerances. Some can take EC of 2.4 +, others 1.8. It all depends. I increase it and simply observe how they respond.

Happy growing!

Thanks for the reply man, I actually got used to everything now and am really enjoying my grow! Im at day 2 of flowering and having so much fun already, cant wait until I have a tent full of colas!

I have a grow journal if you or anybody wants to check it out. Il link it in 2 mins

J

JahStone

the problem is you arent feeding them enough
distilled water will fuck them up and then 200-300 ppm will not help them recover
you need to be giving them 1.0 or more depending on your formula

Top Bottom