Coco coir~ God mode ? HELP

• Thread starter Kgunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Of its organic don't go by ppm.. to much other stuff that it counts as ppm but is not available to the plants. Even the casting will throw ya off so your EC will be much higher with organics 2k+ is never usually an issue but have ppl freaking out. Start half dose and work up if they get hungry.

I haven't mess with light intensity yet but I'm going to next grow try the last week dropong intensity and increase duration back to 18/6 but no way in hell can I recommend it at this point.
Intensity is based on your DLI.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Catching up the reading, I see you hooked up with @Aqua Man. A good choice for hydro growers.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm

I'm using one Exhale CO2 bag in my veg tent and my max temp reached has been 85 degrees at 55 % RH. They seem to be enjoying the environment from the way the fan leaves are talking to me. I know having a CO2 tank is different than the Exhale bag, would you say the plants can tolerate more heat per and less humidity using the bags instead of a tank per your statement?
Co2 is co2 its the concentration that matters... I wouldn't say it applies to one over the other .

Kgunge

Kgunge

I just now saw all the new comments. Guys I have pushed this facility a long way since we last spoke. Thank you to @Aqua Man , @ComfortablyNumb , @Frankster for commenting.

here’s an update ~
1) I have transitioned from 20gal pots to 15s to now 7gal coco/perlite 70/30. All I have to figure out now is spacing because I want to try putting x2 7gal pots per 1000w DE hps
2) this week we will be building a DIY drain to waste this will help with feeding til runoff on days I want runoff (any tips or links would be appreciated as I’ve been tasks to build it even though I have no clue lol)
3) I have better balanced my NPK and also added microbes. I chose King Crab and orca by plant success as it has all the microbes I need and also mammoth P. I feed these 1-2x weekly. Not really sure exactly how to be using them so I just do a 1/2 strength NPK feed , PH my rez THEN add my microbes. Lots of people saying sterile coco is the way to go because salts kill them but whatever
4) I also add blackstrap molasses when I feed microbes , I didn’t know microbes need food if not in organic soil
5) we got my building on a trolmaster last week so my environment has been on point. I’ve also formulated a plan for every single week in flower as I didn’t know that every week in bloom you should be dialing in the room differently. Following DLI and also PPFD for different weeks / stages of life.
6) still no auto feed yet lol …. Hopefully next run but I have a lot in my plate as it is right now

i wish I could keep this thread more updated I’ve been busier than ever as I’ve become the “top guy” at this establishment and all thanks from the help from this thread and this website. My Instagram is more updated usually
@harvestmoon_mi

Observationist

Observationist

Just curious why you are using 20 gallon pots of coco in a commercial grow. Seems like you could do much better with multi feeds per day in smaller pots, spend less money on media, less on nutrients and increase productivity by adding more plants. People here grow trees in 1-3 gallon pots, I see no reason going bigger than 5 gallon even if you veg for a long time, which seems counterproductive for a commercial grow. I'd look into automation if I were you, you just aren't getting the most out of coco on that scale unless you are feeding multiple times throughout the day-which is difficult when hand watering 100s of plants
They were still figuring it all out lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom