• Tagged users None
GOGOCOCO

GOGOCOCO

Hey budz!

Here we are, week 1 of flower

Strains: Tahoe OG, Skywalker OG
Nutrients : 3 part Gen hydro
Delivery: Fertigation by injector to drip line and shrubbler
Waste to center drain (floor slopes from the 4 corners, slightly towards a drain in the floor)
30 day veg under (2) 1k
9 lights
Co2 by burner/propane

This is my first time with coco and first run with this room. So far I haven't had to plug in the AC, which is nice! I'm calling it my invention but it has probably been done, but most of the ceiling is thin metal, with a fan blowing over the metal on the outside. It is supposed to work like a heat sink.

Peak temperature is 86, I'll run with it if it means never using AC.

Coco dtw og tahoe  skywalker 9k scrog co2
Coco dtw og tahoe  skywalker 9k scrog co2 2
Coco dtw og tahoe  skywalker 9k scrog co2 3
Coco dtw og tahoe  skywalker 9k scrog co2 4
Coco dtw og tahoe  skywalker 9k scrog co2 5
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Wow!
Do you vent the co2 every 6 hours or is it a sealed system?

GOGOCOCO

GOGOCOCO

It is a sealed room, went a little crazy with the expanding foam lol

Right now I am venting 2 times a day when I open the door. I will soon be adding an exhaust fan and louvered inlet, to do proper venting.

Right now just the pilot light in the generator does enough to keep the room at 1100 ppm. Not bad! That's good since I think the controller is broken anyhow haha

RG420

RG420

are you using any other additives/boosters for this grow dude of just straight 3 part all way through?

GOGOCOCO

GOGOCOCO

are you using any other additives/boosters for this grow dude of just straight 3 part all way through?

I think just the 3 part? In the schedule, more bloom formula is added in the late weeks. But I am unsure whether that would have the same effect as some say, a bloom booster.

Definitely open to suggestions!

Also, I really need to figure out how to get the pH down into the mix. I have one more, old, injector. But ugh...there's probably math involved lol

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Nice work! Do you plan on adding another trellis and cutting away the first one when it comes time to clean the ladies up a bit?

GOGOCOCO

GOGOCOCO

Nice work! Do you plan on adding another trellis and cutting away the first one when it comes time to clean the ladies up a bit?

Thank you!

Yes I did want to add another layer of trellis for the stability of these rather delicate branches, but I hadn't thought I'd need to remove the first?

I am once a week re-tucking the ends of the shoots under this trellis, and there are still empty spots to fill in horizontal directions, which leads me to believe I might still be tucking by the time they ate done stretching, which then might make the second trellis unnecessary? Mebbe?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I just mentioned the removal of the trellis for ease of access later on. I guess the necessity of a second trellis all depends on the characteristics of your strains.

GOGOCOCO

GOGOCOCO

I just mentioned the removal of the trellis for ease of access later on. I guess the necessity of a second trellis all depends on the characteristics of your strains.

Oh I getcha. This is my first try with a room that I hopefully have to interact with as little as possible, so I am kinda seeing what I can get away with. So I didn't leave myself any easy way to get around in order to use all the space. It's possible, just not easy. The tucking takes careful stepping through the holes in the trellis, kinda praying I don't fall over. I can probably army crawl under the canopy later?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you pinch off all of that bottom growth the plant will use the energy it would have spent on the lower growth to make the top buds bigger and tastier.

RG420

RG420

Like the sprinkler spike thing bro looks like a nice even spread over the top of the pots, what ones are they?

GOGOCOCO

GOGOCOCO

If you pinch off all of that bottom growth the plant will use the energy it would have spent on the lower growth to make the top buds bigger and tastier.

True! I do hate trimming popcorn buds too.

Like the sprinkler spike thing bro looks like a nice even spread over the top of the pots, what ones are they?

As far as I know, they are called "Shrubbler." The bubblers, like the octabubbler, are intended to be used with 8 smaller drippers. This is a shrubbler, intended for a larger plant than you would hook up an arm of an octabubbler to.

These are ideal, imho. If they ever clog you can just twist off the top and it cleans out. You can adjust the flow, which is awesome. Prevent salt buildup by feeding just water every other feeding.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You should never water coco with just water, even when you flush between the flip you should use lightly fertilized water. The only time to use straight water in coco is the final flush.

GOGOCOCO

GOGOCOCO

You should never water coco with just water, even when you flush between the flip you should use lightly fertilized water. The only time to use straight water in coco is the final flush.

Sounds like something that'd be fun to test. What am I looking for? Deficiency?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Sounds like something that'd be fun to test. What am I looking for? Deficiency?
Yes, chlorosis or light colored streaks on the leaves, brown or yellow spots and such. Not fertilizing coco can be just as bad as lightly over fertilizing.

Top Bottom