Coco Grow Diary - Swazi Gold Landrace

• Thread starter dmshayne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dmshayne

dmshayne

UPDATE: Day 4 of stretching phase

Did some LST and she looks like she's responding well, also trying to minimalize nutrients and reduce amount of complications.

20160319 113332 1
dmshayne

dmshayne

Great find there. .im envious. .any idea on flower times

D
Just started flowering, the stretch is quite big on this plant but also allows air movement and didn't really bother me much :). I estimate the flower time to be between 50 and 70 days. Not that sure though :)

dmshayne

dmshayne

UPDATE: Day 8 of stretching phase (forgot to post, now on day 10)

Did a relatively large prune and trim to try and create more airflow and just generally help the plant with other various issues caused by the dense foliage.

What main things were removed?:
I removed the lowest branch and used this as a clone. (Seemed like the plant was struggling and putting all its energy into trying to help it recover)

She is recovering well from the pruning and really seems to be liking all of the new space she has to work with. almost double the amount of colas have sprung up :)

( this was two days ago, she has grown significantly and recovered from the pruning)

20160322 141327 1
dilligaf

dilligaf

70 days seems fast for an African landrace..I would have thought 84 minimum. .and at least 200 percent stretch. .good luck. .Will be watching with interest

D

dmshayne

dmshayne

70 days seems fast for an African landrace..I would have thought 84 minimum. .and at least 200 percent stretch. .good luck. .Will be watching with interest

D
I am prepared for the stretch, trust me. I have plenty of room , glad to hear you're tuning in and will be posting another update on the 28th or 27th.

dmshayne

dmshayne

I am prepared for the stretch, trust me. I have plenty of room , glad to hear you're tuning in and will be posting another update on the 28th or 27th.
Also I am using a hydroponic, indoor system so I expect the flowering periods to be around 10 days shorter

dmshayne

dmshayne

UPDATE: Day 12 of stretching (end of stretching phase!)

Over the past 4 days, my landrace has grown very large. There are now definitive top colas and two long white hairs coming from the pistils :).

At this point I am not sure if I should use training methods to spread her out a bit or leave her be ( I will not be pruning her again for a long time )

I also planted a cheese bagseed straight into coco not thinking it would grow but sure enough , she was born :). I am just going to use her as a micro grow because I had so much extra space. I will show a picture of her at the end.

What are your thoughts on this and how do you think they are doing?

(There is a bit of wind burn on the cheese but should be recovering soon :) )

20160328 125754
20160328 125814
dmshayne

dmshayne

how do u find the coco coir to use
I find it really nice to use because it is very soft when damp ( helps the plant grow roots more easily, which let's the plant grow faster ) , it never gets too wet, only really gets damp (around 22% of the coco is oxygen, meaning no root rot and can't overwater) and is 0 ppm allowing for accurate feeding :)

Hope this helped.

superskunk4u

superskunk4u

Thank you for that im just getting ready to do a batch in a coir vermiculite mix so should be fun thanks

Top Bottom