Coco in Ebb & Flow

• Thread starter DEKA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billygoat

Billygoat

BG would you not be going in and out with rocks? I would think you would have to clean them in between runs.I used to use lava, and would have to clean them, we used a cement mixer. Still hard on the back. JK

I wash them in a tub in the house. I get what I need and then I'm good. No, need of going in and out with soil or coco. Less chance of anyone guessing I'm growing.

Fert's are easier to move in and out. Just my 2 cents, but I think I'm going to try this coco and see for myself. Thanks for all the info everyone. Have a nice weekend.
Take care,
BG

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
6-7oz dried off of some of the ECSD's and the same for the Charles Kush..there was actually some other strains in there as well, I think a Chocolate Trip or two did well.

The space was literally the same size as the turbogarden, maybe and inch or two all the way around and then an 8ft cieling. Air-cooled hood with a 600w Lumatek..

I was at a setup yesterday that is pullin 3-3.25lbs per thousand watts, awesome setup..

Tex

D

DEKA

I am learning very much on this site, especially from reading Texas Kid posts, thanks dude.

J

jay

I grow in coco, too--I use two-gallon pots with 1/4" feed lines. The drain hole in my veg tray is a little small, so that end of the tray gets a couple inches deep as the nutrient slowly drains out; the more elevated side doesn't get a chance to fill up. Last run, I noticed many strings of fat roots busting out the bottoms of the pots on the more submerged end; the plants on the "dry" end didn't demonstrate that. That said it all: ebb and flow is clearly VERY effective with coco. I'm going to modify my flowering setup accordingly--maybe modify the drains in my tables and lengthen feed times--to get the same benefit.

666elsie

Can I see some pics of this turbogarden??ain't seen one yet!
thanx

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

I am havin a hard time gettin away from coco..I did the side by sides years ago and know that the coco is far superior all the way round but the bugs drive me crazy and the more perfect my room for the plants the more perfect for the bugs, especially those damn gnats..

Tex

heya TK...Freak recommended mosquito dunks to me. I still have a few gnats flying around, but the little white things? wiped them out in a couple weeks

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
^^ Yeah i was just going to recommend the dunks until i seen that post. I bought a six pack of them like, shit, 2 years ago? Still have 5 left. I broke them up into quarters and then crumbled them into my res. I've seen people also break them up and mix them into their medium. They work like a chiz-arm.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
So 5 . whatever oz's per plant under a 600 ? That's gotta be counting every single nug on those plants ! Your not talkin A+ quality top to bottom are you TK ?

X

xxYIKESxx

When using coco croutons, do they float and hover in their containers when flooding? :worried I would like to try coco for the first time on my next crop but I want to make sure there is no problems before making the jump.

Anyone here ever tried croutons in an ebb/flow setup?

Greyskull

Greyskull

are you planning on using just croutons as the medium? or do you want to amend the mix/line the bottom of a mesh pot with the croutons?
I would say definatley the individual croutons not gripped by roots will float. no doubt.
I wanna say GH makes a coir 6x6 cube similiar to the grodan rockwool 6x6.

X

xxYIKESxx

I want to use croutons as the base medium with hydroton rocks lining the bottom of the pots.

So I guess the roots needs to be already established in the media for it to be successful? Which coco medium should I use if I want to grow from seed or clone in an ebb/flow setup?

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

When using coco croutons, do they float and hover in their containers when flooding? :worried I would like to try coco for the first time on my next crop but I want to make sure there is no problems before making the jump.

Anyone here ever tried croutons in an ebb/flow setup?

been using them for over a year now in 2x2 ebb and flo. You may experience some " floating " the first week or so, never been a problem, may have to clean up a few chips every day. You'd do better with empires coco peat or reg canna coco IMO.. Croutons and chunks do the job, but you better be a flooding mofo every 4 hours

PanKaKe232

PanKaKe232

how often are you guys flooding your ebb and flows with 100% coco?
should i mix in some perlite in the mix?

T

Thundurkel

Hot damn TK!! That's what I'm talking about 2lbs per 600 with 2gal pots on E&F!!! I can only hope to do 1.5 per 600 this next run if I could get 2 per 6 I'd be set! I have 15 2gal Eco Pots on a 3x6 table on flood and drain with a coco/perlite mix I use a bag of Roots Organics Coco Fiber Hydroponic Media and a bag of Gold Label Coco the ratio of perlite and pumice comes out PERFECT this way. I just got 1.5lbs on my first run under 2 600s with 20 1gal Smart Pots and my nutes are H&G Aqua Flakes, Top Booster, MOAB and Bud XL along with Microbe Brew and Kangaroots... Think I can pull 3 total? The strain is Cuzin Violet (Urkel x Afgooey x Sour D IBL) and a few Tahoe OG's

S

shift00420

So what the hell r u using TK magic dust??? Ive used coco in 2gal smart pots for 2 years now & haven't done even a pound in my 4x4 room. I use AN's full line up as prescribed & i haven't been able to do better then 3.5oz per plant. Its FU@%ing depressing that i cant figure it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom