Coco in less than 3 gal. containers

• Thread starter Jack Dupp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey Farmers,

Is anyone running plants in smaller containers? 2 gal.? 1 gal.?

What is your feed schedule like? Daily? 2 x a day?

Handwater? Drip?

Thanks in advance.

A

aKaWoNkA

i was running SOG in 24oz drinking cups. handwatering daily. couldve gotten better results with more feeding/watering but it was my first grow

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

I run 50/50 coco/hydro and a little perlite.
1 gal cloth pots for veg and sexing-hand watered every other day
2 gal cloth pots for flower -top drip, dtw, fed 3 times a day(daytime only) for 1 min every 4 hrs.
Next run I may add 1 more feed to keep the outside of the cloth pot more moist

ttystikk

ttystikk

Now I run 8" netpot bucket lids full of 50/50 chowmix, topfeed, add earthworm castings and pour teas onto the coco. The irrigation drizzles through the coco, bringing bennies down with it... into my RDWC, where the plants can get unlimited water and soluble nutrients. The hybrid nature of the system makes it more stable, easier to manage and gives a tastier final product, all while providing the yield enhancement benefits of one of the highest performance hydroponic systems available. Why choose between RDWC and organic when it's so easy to have both?

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

I've ran 100% coco in 1gal and 2gal smart pots.. I was feeding 1x a day DTW hand water... Now i'm doing 3gal smart pots 80% coco 20% hydroton TOP feed with flag dripper and i'm watering 1-2x a day.. After around 30 days i'll be watering 3x a day.. The more you water the more oxygen to the root zone, also helps flush out excess salts, i'm seeing a huge difference with this schedule.. I also feed ACTs 1x a week by hand...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey Farmers,

Is anyone running plants in smaller containers? 2 gal.? 1 gal.?

What is your feed schedule like? Daily? 2 x a day?

Handwater? Drip?

Thanks in advance.
Last time I was running coco it was SOG using 1gal containers. Feed via handwater from top 1x/day, OR I could flood the trays for a couple of hours. All drain-to-waste at that time, no recirculating reservoir. Coir is cut with rice hulls instead of perlite, pre-rinsed and charged with high level of Ca & Mg, low level of NPK.

When running a SOG like this it's REALLY important not to wait too long to flip. No taller than 12", no more than 2wks veg once transplanted & flipped.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm thinking more and more to run 4x4 tables, and drip systems in coco mixed with rice hulls. DTW.

Right now I have plants in 5x5 square pots in 100% coco with about an inch of hydrotron in the bottom. Hand watering.

Ever after

Ever after

been running 2gallon containers for like 2 years whats up!?

Ever after

Ever after

use 2x4 tables they are better cuz you can fit more if you get the rite kind a and also you can spread them out when the plants get big enough butyou need more pumps

what would the best medium be for a sog?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

These are 10 liter pots fed once a day. Pure coco with growstones on the bottom and top

DSCN2454

Ever after

Ever after

to the guy who posted ..... 3 x 6 's are dope too

damn dude you got a big flower room you got a undercurrent right beside your pure coco set damn thats cool besides its a really stupid idea to just put growstones on top of pure coco when that will just be perfect for fungus gnats you might want to try cloth pots with coco? and put the grow stones at the bottem of the containers or mix it in ........... just dont leave them on top because you could use those for drainage i would go with hydrolite on top of the medium as it is silica based.......

Ever after

Ever after

R/O water saves you like +75% in costs it makes the nutrients more potent in super clean water 1 drop will make 30ppm vs in hard water a drop would do 1 PPM or so ppm and if doing soil hard water is fine but running coco you get problems will salt BIG time and its almost not worth the grow i spent like 100 bucks for like 1 grow with hard water using nutrients and then bought the same nutrients used an RO and got to use the 100 dollars worth of nutrients for 5 cycles of bloom..... you cant go wrong with heavy 16 or canna coco A+B and if you want hightimes level but with coco you need to use the main line from earth juice and some canna Boost actually canna boost you should use in small amounts if your using any nutrient system unless your doing a all veganic grow you need canna bio boost but canna-bio is only used for soil grows though so its not really up for coco talk as its off topic DAMN I WANT A AEROPONIC FOURM/SECTION OF THREADS

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Im not worried about little fungus gnats. I give them caps tea and it keeps them in check. If I notice em coming back I give them full consentrated tea and blammo puts them back in check.
I like the shit on top so I dont make drain tunnels for the water in the pot. It helps spread the water before it hits the coco.
I do use it in the bottom as well
Who needs cloth pots when plastic can do this
100 3079

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

BudGoggles - Nice set up. That is a perfect example of what I want to replicate.

Nice roots on that plant also. I get a pretty good rooting in my coco, but that has some THICK roots. Well done.

Thanks to all who contribute.

Top Bottom