Coco Or Rapid Rooters For Cuts?

• Thread starter Brativa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brativa

Brativa

So I am about to take cuttings after a long veg period from the plants I've put into flower. Its been about a week so I suppose thats considered monster cropping. Anyway my question to you all is which have seen more success in your rooms under florescents rooting your cuttings rapid rooter plugs or coco? I have both and am leaning towards rapid rooters again but ive seen amazing seed growth starting in 4in square pots just recently. Thanks in advance for replies!

Abideslegal

Abideslegal

I use rooter plugs in humidity dome but you can do it like boom shaka.

Brativa

Brativa

I put my cuttings straight into a solo cup filled with coco and have about a 95% success rate. No root hormone, nothing but straight coco. Roots in about 10-14 days.
So you show alot of roots to the outside of the container or just know it isnt going to die?

Brativa

Brativa

I went with rapid rooters again with my cuttings but did coco and pearlite mix for my seeds. All but two of eleven seeds popped which was a far better rate than when I did seeds in the rapid rooters. Took twice what I needed number wise for cuttings 16 and am a few days in I'll post an update on my cuttings when they pop some roots.

X.rm

X.rm

3 ounce Dixie bathroom cups filled with coir, clonex gel, tap water. 99% success rate for me.
Shiiiiiet your cups RED too....? LMFAO same here bro, saaaaaame here
20160714 191750
20160714 191806
20160714 191709
20160714 191750
20160714 191806
20160714 191709

X.rm

X.rm

coco is grate stuff
[L (?ń sure h: sure is buddy and it only gets better with time. Gotta know how to treat it. But by far its the best medium i, ever usèd. The versatility of hydro meets the practicality of soil.

Brativa

Brativa

So after seeing how keen everyone is on coco and cuttings I'm deffinitley going to give it a go on my next round. Hell it worked great with my seeds. Better than my rooters.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I start all my seeds and cuts in 9oz cups of coco or ProMix nowadays.... don't need no dome either and it's far less maintenance while they're forming roots than plugs.

X.rm

X.rm

Coco has a natural rooting hormone wich promotes vigorous growth. Holds both water/nutrients and oxygen better than any other nutes.

Brativa

Brativa

I start all my seeds and cuts in 9oz cups of coco or ProMix nowadays.... don't need no dome either and it's far less maintenance while they're forming roots than plugs.
So I've never not used a dome to do my cuttings. Is there anything you have to do differently when not using a dome? I really want to try it but dont want to ruin my cuttings.

Top Bottom