coco organics

• Thread starter daliwarpaint
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ReCway

no such thing as organic nutes. arent they amendments which seem cheap I think for 100$ or less I had everything I needed.

I bought a 50 Lbs bag of Poultry litter for 20$. its NPK is 3-2-5. Which gives you a ratio of 3/1/4. And its coated in Molasses. Super Cheap. Had for four years and still have a alot.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never grew in coco, but I don't see any issues with using organics in coco You see, coco coir is an organic substrate and organic nutrients will work just fine with it.

IMHO, if you want to get good results using organics in coco, then treat it like soil. If you wanna use synthetics in coco then treat it like hydro.

Thats the great thing about coco, its so versatile, you can use coco for hydro/soilless and soil applications, including organics or synthetics.
The issue I see is availability, especially with relation to the major minerals of Ca and Mg and coir.

I've just read somewhere that gypsum may be preferable to use with coir (CaSO4, calcium sulfate..? going from memory), not something high in CaCO3 (calcium carbonate) that's still needs breaking down. Crab meal is another source of Ca, and chitin, which may help with possible pest issues.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I was simply answering Dalis question of a proven nutrient lineup that has worked for me in the past.
I never spread any lies and never said this formula was 100% organic.
Hopefully you can tone down the aggression IMHO.
You responded to a post asking about coco organics not synthetic/organic coco....
your agro comment is pathetic IMHO

The issue I see is availability, especially with relation to the major minerals of Ca and Mg and coir.
Are you making that statement based on experience?
If so, What issue did you see?

I've just read somewhere that gypsum may be preferable to use with coir (CaSO4, calcium sulfate..? going from memory), not something high in CaCO3 (calcium carbonate) that's still needs breaking down. Crab meal is another source of Ca, and chitin, which may help with possible pest issues.
yes, you read right. agricultural gypsum to be exact.
A tablespoon per 5 gallons worked well for me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You responded to a post asking about coco organics not synthetic/organic coco....
Logic has asked that folks try to keep this place friendlier. If you have an issue with something someone's posted, address the post and assertions, without attacks please. We all know that you know your stuff, and I think most of us, if not all of us, want to learn from those who know, like yourself. I know that you don't mince your words, but ad hominem never works in any scenario except a bar brawl.
Are you making that statement based on experience?
If so, What issue did you see?

Experience with coir, yes. Experience with coir amended with rock dusts to meet all needs and going completely organic from the get-go, no. My experience with coir tells me that Ca is the major element that you need to get right from the start. The issue I saw was interveinal and leaf margin necrosis on newer growth, which worsens if the Ca is not addressed and continues to be addressed.
yes, you read right. agricultural gypsum to be exact.
A tablespoon per 5 gallons worked well for me.
Aha! Look what reading got me. :p Quick question: is there a different kind or type of gypsum than 'agricultural' gypsum?

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter

Are we having some kind of self esteem issues or something bro? We're here to help buddy.

E

el boyo

ya, some actual info on organics in coco would be nice... i'm running a combo of synthetics and organics in coco, but would love to switch to full organic.. has any one run anything that works, and has good yields? i'm doing cns with compost teas and caps bennies plus moab for a couple weeks..
i love it, cause been reusing the same coco for over a year...
anybody amending their coco with organics and reusing it? or running an organic fert and reusing?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not yet, but it is something I plan to try out ASAP. May end up being a late-summer/fall run, depending on a few things.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Reading Max Yield the other day and it said in an article that an NPK rating over 10 will kill beneficial microbes. I'm not sure how much it will kill or how long it takes, but thats something to watch out for when using synthetics.

I wonder why a high salt content will kill bennies but not the bad bacteria?? Maybe it does but I've never seen or heard about it. Any thoughts on this??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
High levels of P (over 10% is an accepted number) kills mycorrhizae.

Poor conditions are only poor for some organisms, clearly they're right for others. The real issue is related to what *we* find beneficial, that's where we're valuating. All are necessary, IMO.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Poor conditions are only poor for some organisms, clearly they're right for others. The real issue is related to what *we* find beneficial, that's where we're valuating. All are necessary, IMO.

True dat.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
And with that sarcastic reply, I'm out of here.
You're gonna need to grow a little thicker skin if u want to get somewhere around here. She gave you a link so u didn't even have to search.

EaZee

EaZee

Really.

All I wanted was personal opinions!

So new members have to first 'grow a little thicker skin...'!?

Nobody should have to change anything about themselves to be on here.

The insinuation is that I haven't got a clue how to use a simple search function...

Congratulations, you just perpetuated the international perception that yanks are rude and disrespectful.

Mods please delete my profile.

waayne

waayne

EaZee, Seamiden posted a link to be helpful
her reference to exactly where,was in reference to what forum or the specific thread.....

I find no sarcasm in her response

You might wanna chill a little,Seamaidens a classy lady and I assure you she was not being disrespectful

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It wasn't my intention. I stated honestly that I know I've seen folks reference using the line, but couldn't remember where. So, I used the search function. Then, I linked you to it. And yes, since another moderator felt the need to start a whole thread on using the search function I figured I'd throw out the reminder. If you think that's rude, then definitely, don't use certain other sites because they absolutely will not tolerate their time and server space being wasted on repeat questions & answers. I think we're pretty patient about that sort of thing here.

I don't use Biobizz, have never used it, and so cannot comment with anything resembling an intelligent answer. If you don't like what you did get from me, there's not much more I can do for you here.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Really.

All I wanted was personal opinions!

So new members have to first 'grow a little thicker skin...'!?

Nobody should have to change anything about themselves to be on here.

The insinuation is that I haven't got a clue how to use a simple search function...

Congratulations, you just perpetuated the international perception that yanks are rude and disrespectful.

Mods please delete my profile.

Having 'thicker skin' has nothing to do with being old or new, its the way you interpret what people post. What Seamaiden said, you took as sarcastic, when nobody else did, so obviously you do need thicker skin if your gonna get offended when somebody uses there time to help you. So you 'think' she was insinuating something that she was not.

But I do agree with you about 1 thing, getting your profile deleted.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Only two people have those powers: logic & TECK.

Top Bottom