Coco question

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

I'm currently using cocoloco and it works great. You water the same as you would soil. I was thinking about using pure coco for the next run. They say coco coir should be fergitated once or twice a day and never dry. How do you keep the gnats and root aphids away?

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

yes, water daily, gnats with IPM regiment, or simple yellow sticky traps, nematodes. Keeping the medium aerobic, environment clean and ventilated.

Matour420

Matour420

I use 90/10 and I have been watering daily as well feeding slightly from first week. I use Cal mag for the first week as well nutrition from second week of veg stage of course. Happy growing ❤️

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I'm currently using cocoloco and it works great. You water the same as you would soil. I was thinking about using pure coco for the next run. They say coco coir should be fergitated once or twice a day and never dry. How do you keep the gnats and root aphids away?
Do you feed nutrients right away in cocoloco or wait to feed like the other fox farm ocean forest soil? Thanks.

growsince79

growsince79

Do you feed nutrients right away in cocoloco or wait to feed like the other fox farm ocean forest soil? Thanks.
its kinda like FOFF loaded with organic amendments. I water about every 3 days. I dont feed anything untill start of flowering. Then start at half strength for bottles- or just top dress with dry amendments every 3 weeks.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

its kinda like FOFF loaded with organic amendments. I water about every 3 days. I dont feed anything untill start of flowering. Then start at half strength for bottles- or just top dress with dry amendments every 3 weeks.
oh so is it like preamnded coco ?

Reactions: Ina
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I would like to retract my comment my sir. I assumed it was plane coco, Amended coco will be like soil. Coco perlite will need constant feed

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

in this case to answer OP, keeping the medium aerobic, coco wets easily so it won't make your soil have dry patches. Adding microbes will be something you should be looking into, maybe a top dressing of mycorrhiza would help.

growsince79

growsince79

I would like to retract my comment my sir. I assumed it was plane coco, Amended coco will be like soil. Coco perlite will need constant feed
I keep hearing about people making that mistake. Treating it like coco will not work and there's not enough sticky traps on earth to get rid of the gnats. The only reason I am even thinking about switching to pure coco is the cocoloco has a bit more N then I like. Gnats love the organics. Maybe pure coco is not so bad? IDK

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I keep hearing about people making that mistake. Treating it like coco will not work and there's not enough sticky traps on earth to get rid of the gnats. The only reason I am even thinking about switching to pure coco is the cocoloco has a bit more N then I like. Gnats love the organics. Maybe pure coco is not so bad? IDK
honestly I run coco perlite at 50:50 ratio, superb. Super easy to fix and issues, and roots are always happy. I have gnats, other than nematodes and sticky traps I wouldn't really bother much, gnats are just more of an annoyance than anything. Treating cocoloco like regular coco with deplete the nutrients super fast, and will probably wash away with runo off and not absorbed at root zone. They only thing is Im romantic in a sense I like to hand water the ladies, so it gets a bit time consuming with the daily watering.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Adding 25%-30% more perlite to the cocoloco wouldn’t hurt I suppose.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

also though of one way to get the gnats. A layer of sand maybe 1 " or some perlite or pebbles.

Anthem

Anthem

Fungal gnats do not like this stuff and it does not affect the flower quality. I usually use a 3 part method if found.
#1. Yellow Sticky traps
#2. mematodes
#3. BTI

Top Bottom