Coco Redemption - Free at Last!

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GWAP

Nice work, you made short order of the conversion. Tried and true is hard to beat! Looking for the that weekly update :D

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

no but it got flushed the last run for the last two weeks and i used alot of cannazyme during veg, i also didnt rinse before the first run

i plan on doing a proper rinse before using again tho

Thanks, I plan to re-use my coco a couple of times, but I need to find out info out with some sort of flush for that. Maybe just cal mag water till it comes out same ppm? Dunno myself yet.

Sounds good TF... I know you've read leadsled's fertigation thread and will prob design and build some bad ass system, but that will come in time... For now, it will be nice to see you fill up that room with fat colas... :cool
Leads thread is good shit. I plan to use some of his design he laid out.

COCO is pretty much fool proof idk what major problems you can really have with coco to be honest. I'm on my first run with canna coco and their nutes and its idiot proof. All the advantages of dirt imo and super fast growth. Unless you forgot everything you already know you really won't have any issues with coco.
So far smooth sailing.....

Ill be watching from the sidelines on this grow TF, good luck hope all goes well.
Thanks man. Big hats off to you kicking ass with the MPB's.

Coco is great for sure but I have run into a few problems with excess salts. make sure you rinse before you put little ones in. More established bigger plants can handle it.
Thanks, Got it. Been at it already.

Nice Work TF. Glad to see this run is going much better. Reminds me of the old days (just a lot more hi tech). Can't wait to see the end of the season. Talk to ya soon.
Thanks mang. This setup is now just the same ol, same ol. Only basic differences are coco pots instead of rockwool cubes, and once use nutrient solution, instead of recirculating.

Good start homie!
Aaah, a rare treat! Easy, good to have you by.:rauch08:

Just had to have more ways to slice the fun, and coco seemed to fit nice.

Hey whats up T.F. nice looking babies you have there... good call on the coco bro. I am on my first run with it (canna coco) after having great results in rockwool. I find it a bit more tedious as far as watering because of excess salt conserns. I watered using watering wand DTW. Takes about 5-10 minutes to get runoff. Everything else is great. Plants love the stuff.

I took the agressive feeding route at 10 feeds to one flush. My flush was a mix of R/O with cal/mag or calplex and Drip Clean. I also used Drip Clean with every feeding.

I've been flushing one week and have one more week to go. The runoff is still pink from the GH 3 part I used even after 1 week of straight R/O. They plants look amazing! Can't wait to taste the difference between rockwool and coco!
I have heard lots of good things about the drip clean in coco. Been running it myself in the feed. Hadn't thought about the cal mag treated ro till you mentioned it. Good stuff.

all looking real nice. right on Tf, looking forward to the show. coco is the ticket. rooting for you to have a kick ass run. subscribed and watching.

-Lead
Thanks man. I really appreciate the good words coming from a coco vet such as yourself. I will be doing my best over here on my end.

'Scribed TF, Can't wait to see your work. Rock on
Thanks. I have very good feelings about this round.

Nice work, you made short order of the conversion. Tried and true is hard to beat! Looking for the that weekly update :D

Thanks, I was thinking about the conversion for some time, so when it was time, it was not nearly as overwhelming.

Oh yeah, I'll get to the update in just a few minutes.

-TF

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Update time

The big ticket items on this weeks list were transplant into larger smart pots, and an irrigation system.

The Chem Valley Kushes were healthy, but ready to exit the confines of the square pots. They all went into 3 gal smart pots filled with coco and hydroton or chunky perlite on some others.
IMG 2221

The Sour OG's in the 1 gal smart pots were rooted unbelievably well. Almost the entire pot was a dense mass of root and coco. They went into 5 gal smart pots.
IMG 2214

I set up a temporary irrigation system. Hand watering that many plants was starting to hurt my back. That is one of my main reasons for needing the meds in the first place. A more deluxe unit is in the works.
IMG 2232

IMG 2230

The plants....

Chem Valley Kush girls
IMG 2223

Three Sour OG ladies and a couple more CVK's.
IMG 2227

You can see differences in the different pheonos. (six on left vs six on right)
IMG 2226

So far so good. Gotta take some clones then get ready to flip.

Thanks everybody!

-TF:evilgrin0013:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Now that's what I've been waiting for! I'm super stoked for you TF!!! You got those girls looking pretty and ready to party... :makeup

What are you currently using for cloning your clippings? Do you have any links to a good bubble or aero cloner design? I want to make something simple for six 5" net pots that I can veg girls to about 18" tall and then simply move the net pots to my UC and flip the same day... :thinking

JPLord01

JPLord01

They need more space bro there going to get big. Or just run like 4 or 5 tops per plant.
Looks killer. Keep up on clean all the little shit from the lower part of the plant.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Shady,
Thanks buddy. I use a botanicare 45 site power cloner. You could totally build your own custom unit. The container with a solid lid would be about the hardest thing to source, but I'm sure you can find one. Add a pump, some PVC, misters, air pump and stones, net pots, and a cycle timer, and you are off to the races. If you were over here in the hood, you could come over, and we'd crack it out in no time.

JP,
No worries. I will spread them out to the other side as they get bigger. Just saving a couple of watts in the meanwhile. They will get cleaned up soon as well.

-TF

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx buddy... Yeah I was researching DIY cloners on the Farm and net last night and I understand the basic design, but most if those threads end in something like this... "well the DIY was revised cuz my spray heads clogged, lid leaked, pump wasn't strong enough, etc.... I'll post some Picts of the revised design..." then the revised design isn't detailed at all or as well as the opening post. I'm gonna research this further and see what I can come up with... :thinking

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Shady why not use a simple strong box tote 6-site DWC and clone right into the DWC tote and veg from there? You can use DWC for clone just as effectively as AERO with enough DO. Just my .02 - GC

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Shady why not use a simple strong box tote 6-site DWC and clone right into the DWC tote and veg from there? You can use DWC for clone just as effectively as AERO with enough DO. Just my .02 - GC
I was actually wondering the same thing to be honest... I've never used a cloner before as I have great results with the humidity dome method. It just seems like everyone does a DIY aero cloner. Not sure why you don't see many DWC cloners... :wondering

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

If you are to go the aero route, then you need a container that has a sealed lid that locks and match the pump and nozzles to the one in the power cloner. I'll check mine when I get home.

-TF

The pump is a model 2 Danner Mag-Drive pushing ten 180 degree spray nozzles.

Giddeon

Giddeon

I was actually wondering the same thing to be honest... I've never used a cloner before as I have great results with the humidity dome method. It just seems like everyone does a DIY aero cloner. Not sure why you don't see many DWC cloners... :wondering

I have done a DWC cloner just no pics and it went away as quickly as I made It.

Just a 12" air stone in a shallow rubbermade filled with a Clonex mixture, I used sure to grow (STG) and just floated a mat of clone cubes on top of the bubbling water I had roots in 6-7 days no dome 50% humidity. Thing is they never had that explosion of roots like I can get from my EZ cloner or just the regular dome and RW method.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I have done a DWC cloner just no pics and it went away as quickly as I made It.

Just a 12" air stone in a shallow rubbermade filled with a Clonex mixture, I used sure to grow (STG) and just floated a mat of clone cubes on top of the bubbling water I had roots in 6-7 days no dome 50% humidity. Thing is they never had that explosion of roots like I can get from my EZ cloner or just the regular dome and RW method.

Yea a buddy of mine made one as well. He got roots in about 6-7 days also. He used net pots and hydroton and just dipped the clone in some rootech and used some sort of solution in the tote. He tried it both ways (in hydroton and just letting the stem hang in the solution) the hydroton worked much better from what he said. Maybe because the stem was breathing more. In any case I would think as soon as the roots came out of the net pots it would be business as usual for a typical DWC.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for all the helpful info my friends! I'm gonna put something together and test out the waters... :cool

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Update time

So time for a weekly update. The girls are lookin pretty nice, with a few exceptions.

The adjust-a-wings have hot spots to the far left and right. I have one row that gets it from both sides, and is 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the plants in the canopy. The plants in that row look more stressed. I don't know if there is a better horizontal, non air cooled reflector that is superior, but I'm all ears.

Asides from that, I'm still figuring out these girls needs. Looks like I also under did it on the perlite. Came out more like 20%. Next time it will be more. This time, a little less often on the water.

Been busy as well workin on rebuilding the veg room, and getting it more up to speed. Pics comin when it is done.

The room.
IMG 2248

3 Sour OG's and 2 CVK.
IMG 2246

Chem Valley Kush's.
IMG 2240

Enjoy.

-TF:evilgrin0013:

M

mrdizzle

I like the way you set that up looks real good bro. Im fully confident you will be harvesting some bud in a few short months

2DogWalker

TF,

Great pics, and awesome information. I am still hand watering as I haven't set up a PVC Drip Manifold before, need to do some more research, but it looks like you got it DOWN....Can't wait to see the girls start to get shiny for ya bro!

2Dog

420Gator

420Gator

Maybe try some light diffusers or regular hoods with no glass

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Looking good TF. Once the roots take over more fo the pot you will be watering more often.

Got roots shooting out of the smart pots yet?

Keep up the good work!

Lead

Top Bottom