coco smart beds with Obs

• Thread starter Obsoul33t
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Thanks man. That was what I thought may have been the case. I do like the idea of simple once a week feed that is not sitting around in barrals waiting to leak or indeed recirc, which like you, I hate.

I think I shall give this a go on my next run.

Yes thanks again Obs! Yeah Herb I threw one of these together today...do have to say, that single 4x4 looks better organized and simple than all the other smart pot tables...kinda feel foolish looking at the tables with multiples. lol.

Surferbum- Just hit your local grow store, 200g Smart pots are only $35-40.

HG23

HG23

Very nice idea with the mesh bottoms for the beds, really taking advantage of the airpot fabric. Has anyone else tried irrigating beds with the T-tape? I found it for sale from dripworks.com and it looks like something I might use in the near future.

M

mrduke

what do you use to catch runoff???? i was thinking of useing my 4x6 trays but there already drilled for F&D maybe i could slide a tote or somthing under the drains to catch the run off.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
You can use a large tote and have an automated sump pump to pump it out when it's full using a float set up. OR just pipe it to where it needs to go. I've been sticking to Flood and drain recently for ease of use and automation. Looking forward to having room to really get serious and do some nice beds. I'm looking to do a 4x8 for selection, but not sure how I want to set it up yet.

Happy New Years all! OBS :passingjoint: Keep it coming homie!

Cheers,
Crom

M

mrduke

do you think that adding an inch or so off hydroton to the bottom of the trays would help? or is it going to be better to have roots in a medium that'll stay moist?

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I would think that the hydroton will help with adding humidity and possible nute uptake, if there are nutrient solutions used to flood the area. This way the pots aren't sitting in the fluid they are on hydroton stilts in a way. That's my take, but usually anytime you add something that drains that well you just need to irrigate more often per day. IF the roots grow through the bottom of their respective containers then they will get additional nutes and H2o from this moist environment you have created under the containers. Though if you want to add your root mass I would get like a coco mat or something of the such for the roots to go into after then leave the containers. Make sure you cover your "moist" areas as to discourage algae growth, which in turn causes a fight for the nutrients between roots and algae. Helpful I hope.

Cheers,
Crom

M

mrduke

I would think that the hydroton will help with adding humidity and possible nute uptake, if there are nutrient solutions used to flood the area. This way the pots aren't sitting in the fluid they are on hydroton stilts in a way. That's my take, but usually anytime you add something that drains that well you just need to irrigate more often per day. IF the roots grow through the bottom of their respective containers then they will get additional nutes and H2o from this moist environment you have created under the containers. Though if you want to add your root mass I would get like a coco mat or something of the such for the roots to go into after then leave the containers. Make sure you cover your "moist" areas as to discourage algae growth, which in turn causes a fight for the nutrients between roots and algae. Helpful I hope.

Cheers,
Crom

i compleatly agree Crom but my question was reguarding in beds of coco, meaning if there was a layer of hydrton on the bottom covered by 5-6" of coco. thus giving the roots a moist nutrient filled enviorment for the most part with a thin layer at the bottom for added drainage, to adoid the wet feet and root issues. what do you think of that idea

C

cheech

Bro.. I almost winced when I saw those coco croutons, and did wince when I heard you say crop circles. Crop circles gave me the shittiest slowest veg ever.

Just read back through thread and noticed you changed to fine coir. Did you notice the poor results from the croutons too?

D

Don007206

I still have 18 pounds of it on the shelf. :party0042:

I get the PBP for $100 for 5 gallons so I just figured I'd try it. My plants look good. They're getting Grow, Cal Mag, Protekt, fulvic, humic, myco soluble, roots and karma...

Last time with the OS SSH it was 1.75 with real bad canopy support. I'm on it like white on rice this time.
gpw or per light

Top Bottom