Coco Trees

• Thread starter deacon1503
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deacon1503

deacon1503

thanks for all the kind words.

here is the recent harvest. started chopping at 63 and finished a few days later with just me and 1 part time helper. back 6 were LA Con, front right 2 were Vanilla Kush, and the front left 2 were Death Star which came down last.

another run finished well above 1+ lb per plant.

DSC04375
DSC04376
DSC04378
DSC04379
DSC04380
DSC04381
DSC04382
DSC04384
DSC04387
DSC04388
DSC04389
DSC04385
DSC04386
DSC04390
DSC04391
DSC04393
DSC04394

DSC04377
ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Nice work dc1503, the ladies look healthier than ever, Congrats on'a successful harvest, Peace SSP

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
thanks for all the kind words.

here is the recent harvest. started chopping at 63 and finished a few days later with just me and 1 part time helper. back 6 were LA Con, front right 2 were Vanilla Kush, and the front left 2 were Death Star which came down last.

another run finished well above 1+ lb per plant.

View attachment 295294View attachment 295295View attachment 295297View attachment 295298View attachment 295299View attachment 295300View attachment 295301View attachment 295302View attachment 295303View attachment 295304View attachment 295305View attachment 295310View attachment 295311View attachment 295312View attachment 295313View attachment 295314View attachment 295316

Not only do we both roll with one helper, we have a very similar style broski! Except you are rockin 3 more plants than me. I also pulled at 63 days, and it will take me around 5 days to get this room all down and back up again.

I also have 48" centers. Wish I had more.

You killed it!

deacon1503

deacon1503

I made a few changes this run to alleviate some regular labor.

Ultrasonic fogger. thanks to gettogro for the design.

Tapped into the water lines for the RO instead of a hose from a faucet.

Also tapped into the NG line supplying the dryer for the CO2 burner. No more LP tanks.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Here's the next run. OG Raskal White Fire OG. 11 seeds in the pack, all 11 popped (first week of nov) so the tallest 10 went in the room. #11, the shortest, which was half the size of the tallest, is going to used as breeding stock.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Here's the next run. OG Raskal White Fire OG. 11 seeds in the pack, all 11 popped (first week of nov) so the tallest 10 went in the room. #11, the shortest, which was half the size of the tallest, is going to used as breeding stock.

View attachment 295340

uh oh be careful. wifi is stretchy... also a computer fan would have been ok for your humidifier LOL... Deacon going BIG!!!

deacon1503

deacon1503

uh oh be careful. wifi is stretchy... also a computer fan would have been ok for your humidifier LOL... Deacon going BIG!!!

im counting on it actually. i let these get taller and skinny under a 400mh for a while. im tired of harvesting with 3 ft of vertical space till the ceiling still available. hoping i can get back to seeing longer cola'ed plants this run.

heres day 3 of flower. gotta take cuts soon been slackin.

DSC04406

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Jus went thru ur thread bro, killed it. Dig ur style. I hope u plan on topping the shit outta those wifis, they like it and if not theyll deff head straight for the ceiling! Shes a super strechy bitch.
Confu

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Deacon......NICE WORK!!!! It's funny because the other day I was in my local hydro store trying to figure out a way to set up for trees again with smarties and the hot water tray came to me. Then I come to your thread and see them in action, I've noticed you ditched them now. do you have any thing raising the smart pots from the bottom of your buckets? I did a vert run about a year and a half ago with 27 gallon totes running a 60/40 coco to perlite and heavy 16. It was probably my best run yet so I am headed back that way only I plan on using chow instead. I'm finishing up with my rooms now and should be starting a thread soon.

One last question for you, I've noticed you have lights on the outside. Whats the downside to having plants on the outside instead?

This was the pattern I'm planning on:

X X X X X
O O O O
X X X X X
O O O O
X X X X X

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Kushtrees, I think he said 1k's down the middle and 600's on the outside, but I could be wrong or he could of changed/upgraded the lights.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Either way I want 4 lights around each plant that's the way to do it
Haha, like that run DD did with 9k around 4 plants! That show was tits!

I see a few vert growers with bare bulbs on the outside of there gardens, would it make sense to work a vertical reflector on the outside parameter? Seems like it would reflect more light then the wall.

Kush, how the hell does one PM you...?

-GL

T

Tommy Greens

so based on Jacks thread about the octa bubblers and such i wanted to share this. i have for a while now been wanting to integrate a system that could allow me to use a nute rez and a h20 rez. i wanted it to feed, feed, then water, then repeat. i figured it would help overall in addition to giving me extra time in between rez fills plus now i know exactly what time they feed over a guesstimate that i got with the titan apollo-2 () that i used to use. now i also know how much time until the next feed and etc. so i started looking online and at HD to see what my options were and wanted to kinda see how cheaply i could do this.

this is also coinciding with a new crop in larger pot sizes. last run was 9 plants in 7 gal and this run will be 3 in 7 gal with a 75/25 coco/hton and the other 6 are in 10 gal with pure canna coco. with those 6 pots being bigger i knew an upgrade to the 12" halos was gonna be required so that meant more pressure as the halos need extra push as it is. so that meant new pump and basic rework of the plumbing. whats shown here is what i ended up with.

the "start box" is the pump start relay. this one was $55 at my local plumbing/irrigation place, their cheapest one, but u can get an orbit brand online for like $35. next is the controller. i got a hunter xc800 at HD for $98. i unfortunately passed up a hunter pro-c, brand new, off ebay for $35. make sure when u get a controller that it has a "master valve/pump" output, some of the cheaper ones dont. the soleniod valves are orbit and are from HD @ $13 each. i elevated the rez and did the plumbing underneath. a mag-9.5 draws down through the spin clean for the chiller circuit. ap-1oo w/ 8" disc for air. the h20 rez was one of my ro rez's so it has a float in it so i extended the ro discharge to its new postion so now it will always be full. the front outlet with the rad ball valve is so i can manually feed a tea using the pump.

i decided on the flotec 1/2 hp utility pump from HD (). after a little fine tuning of the ball valves its providing sufficient pressure to all 9 ladies.

i set program a for everyday at noon, for 1 min, for station 1 (nute). program b is on the odd days at midnight, for 1 min, station 2 (h20). so now i know that even if the nute rez runs dry, within a max of 48 hours they will atleast get water.

here.....we....go!

View attachment 212211View attachment 212212View attachment 212213View attachment 212214View attachment 212215View attachment 212216View attachment 212217View attachment 212218

Hey Deacon, kinda new to this forum but I have been a fan of your work and particularly this thread for a while. I tried setting up a similar system to yours using valves before the pump to control two separate tanks from one pump. For example zone 1 is feeding from tank 1 and zone 2 feeds from tank 2, much like your set up. The irrigation valves I got will not open without 15 psi pressure behind them though. Are your orbit valves motorized? Just wondering if you had that same problem to overcome and if so how did you do it? Thanks so much for the thread bro, you have helped me so much even tho I have just been lurking up till this point!
TG

deacon1503

deacon1503

Deacon......NICE WORK!!!! It's funny because the other day I was in my local hydro store trying to figure out a way to set up for trees again with smarties and the hot water tray came to me. Then I come to your thread and see them in action, I've noticed you ditched them now. do you have any thing raising the smart pots from the bottom of your buckets? I did a vert run about a year and a half ago with 27 gallon totes running a 60/40 coco to perlite and heavy 16. It was probably my best run yet so I am headed back that way only I plan on using chow instead. I'm finishing up with my rooms now and should be starting a thread soon.

One last question for you, I've noticed you have lights on the outside. Whats the downside to having plants on the outside instead?

This was the pattern I'm planning on:

X X X X X
O O O O
X X X X X
O O O O
X X X X X

the pots are sitting on 4" tall pieces of 2" pvc. tall enough that they will completely drain. having plants on the outside leaves that particular side to almost no direct light, just reflective. ud definitely have to spin them or trim that side way back to divert energy to the directly lit side.

Is that 15kw deacon? I'm crazy jealous I've always wanted to do 4kw a plant

Kushtrees, I think he said 1k's down the middle and 600's on the outside, but I could be wrong or he could of changed/upgraded the lights.

right now its 6 - 1ks down the middle in MH and 8 - 750w HPS along the walls. total of 12k in the room. 1200 watts per plant. 60.6 watts per square foot.

Haha, like that run DD did with 9k around 4 plants! That show was tits!

I see a few vert growers with bare bulbs on the outside of there gardens, would it make sense to work a vertical reflector on the outside parameter? Seems like it would reflect more light then the wall.

Kush, how the hell does one PM you...?

-GL

ive thought about putting adjust-a-wings along the walls hanging them vertically. i thought about in the corners initially. i like the idea.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Hey Deacon, kinda new to this forum but I have been a fan of your work and particularly this thread for a while. I tried setting up a similar system to yours using valves before the pump to control two separate tanks from one pump. For example zone 1 is feeding from tank 1 and zone 2 feeds from tank 2, much like your set up. The irrigation valves I got will not open without 15 psi pressure behind them though. Are your orbit valves motorized? Just wondering if you had that same problem to overcome and if so how did you do it? Thanks so much for the thread bro, you have helped me so much even tho I have just been lurking up till this point!
TG

not motorized just electric solenoid. ive never heard of the pressure to open issue sorry i cant help there.. i had siphoning issues until i raised the valve above my rez water level but that was about it i also run just a single rez now.

glad i could help you out. ive learned tons from this forum over the last few years. i always like paying it forward. good luck on your future grows.

Top Bottom