CocoStadium: Barebulb Vert Adventures

• Thread starter sfzoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sfzoo

Mad respect to Logic and the mods. Long live the Farm! :harvest:

Respect to those who've help me along the way. Respect to those who will help me in the future.:passingjoint:

If you haven't seen the last journal, peep it here. At least until logic disables hotlinks again.

===========

Space: 8ft x 12ft x 6ft
Vent: 10" Max Fan - Can100 filter - passive intake
Light: Bare Bulb - 1000w Ushio HPS Opti Red - 1000w NextGen Ballast
Water Source: SmallBoy Filter - 80ppm
Medium: Recycled Canna coco, Perlite
Nutrients: H & G Cocos, Roots Excel, Drip Clean. and other additives.

..and now for the show

:movie

This round, the third in the stadium, we're running all the usual suspects: Alien Dawg
Alien Bubba
Deadhead OG
SFVOG
Platinum Kush

and a few new ones as well:
-from seed-
Purple Capo Kush - Capo x (4possible fathers)
Afghani Land Race - Supposedly from the 'dam in the 80s
Black Ice OG - Blackberry Kush x Deadhead OG
Snow Kush Capo x ?
DeadBand - 707headband x Deadhead OG
PurpleUrkle

-clone- (untested)
Trainwreck
DoubleUnderDawg(DUD)
ChemSis/D x DUD

So, Now we have 2 flowering chambers.
Stadium will be for the proven genes, more or less.
The tent we're using to seek a mommy.

Here's the tent the day the seedlings went in. It is a 2x4x7 LGSunHut, turned on its side.
2 600w
IMG_8274.jpg

Urkle
IMG_8281.jpg

Purple Capo Kush
IMG_8282.jpg

Black Ice OG & PCK
IMG_8276.jpg
IMG_8289.jpg

So that's the new.

Next, the stadium, these shots were day 1 bloom.
On one side we have the shorter indie dom stretchers, the OGs n Aliens.

IMG_8292.jpg
IMG_8294.jpg

And on the other the stretchier sativa leaning strains/phenos

IMG_8296.jpg

DUD
IMG_8298.jpg

Trainwreck
IMG_8300.jpg

SIS
IMG_8303.jpg

Another DUD
IMG_8308.jpg

Platinum Kush
IMG_8304.jpg

So that's how the next round started. And we're in full swing now. The tent has just flipped today and we're a couple weeks into the stadiums bloom.

Thanks for looking. Any feedback, advice, props, cheers, hate, criticism, or anything else will be greatly appreciated.

:banana1sv6:

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Looking like a party in there!

Is that loompa's double underdawg?

-TF

Aligee

Aligee

Very nice bruh i love the whole setup this is the way to grow imho !!! subbed

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Love the set up. I agree this is the way to grow. Best of luck. will be taggin along for sure.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Another great start sfzoo! I'm excited to see how your seedlings turn out and watch that stadium fill up with fat colas. This is gonna be an epic thread... :cool

C

Cali Grower

Purple Capo Kush and Black Ice Og are two strains fairly high on my "to grow" list. And I can already tell this will be epic as shady said. therefore, im subd. best of luck. :banana1sv6:

S

sfzoo

Looking like a party in there!

Is that loompa's double underdawg?

-TF

Hmm...don't think so. If i'm not mistake, and i can very well be, this is from Shmoe's stock...

Shady or Rollin Face might be able to verify. Same seed stock that Shady has.

Thanks for joinin the party TF!

Very nice bruh i love the whole setup this is the way to grow imho !!! subbed

thanks for stoppin in Aligee, agreed about this setup. Just trying to tweak things to maximize and dial in the final product.

The more eyes the better, thanks for taggin along.

Love the set up. I agree this is the way to grow. Best of luck. will be taggin along for sure.

jeffadies, welcome to the stadium. thanks for the well wishes.

Another great start sfzoo! I'm excited to see how your seedlings turn out and watch that stadium fill up with fat colas. This is gonna be an epic thread... :cool

I'm excited too. Been all clone since I started..so seed run is exciting for me.

Purple Capo Kush and Black Ice Og are two strains fairly high on my "to grow" list. And I can already tell this will be epic as shady said. therefore, im subd. best of luck. :banana1sv6:

thank you Cali Grower. stick around, hopefully we find some fire in the tent and refine the stadium.

=======

Just a quick photo update.

Here's before the flip of the tent. Haircut day
IMG_84061.jpg

IMG_8405.jpg

IMG_8412.jpg
IMG_8411.jpg

Overgrown Snow Kush. Going into the stadium very soon. Will have to keep a very close eye for males.
IMG_8413.jpg

Purple Capo Kush
IMG_8433.jpg

Afghani, Deadband, BlackIce
IMG_8441.jpg

Afghani Landrace
IMG_8444.jpg

Purple Urkle
IMG_8437.jpg

Black Ice OG
IMG_8443.jpg

Stadium
IMG_8430.jpg
IMG_8422.jpg
IMG_8424.jpg

Budsites are established and the stretch seems to be over. Day 20

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Look at all that action! Nicely done sfzoo... It should be Double Underdawg Bx1 and Chemdog's Sister/D Bx1... :cool

D

diffrentstrains

What up Zoo???

Good work again as always..

Is my memory serving me correctly in that you had more lights in the stadium the last couple times? Just wondered your thoughts on change, ( if there was one)?

Because of your inspiration, I am in the process of building a "corner stadium" that I will use to veg plants.

sub'd for sure here. Thanks for the "epic" thread!

true grit

true grit

excited to see how this round goes for ya Zoo. keep it crankning bro

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
NNnnnnnowww BBBBbaaatttinnnggggggg number 24 SF Zoo shortstoppppp

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

awesome,can you give us some more specifics on the stadium setup itself?lighting,cooling,ventilation and shelf setup? im seriously trippin that 1 1000 is able to flower all those plants!Is a/c being used at all?any pics of the shelves before the plants went in?cant wait to see the results!

S

sfzoo

What up Zoo???

Good work again as always..

Is my memory serving me correctly in that you had more lights in the stadium the last couple times? Just wondered your thoughts on change, ( if there was one)?

Because of your inspiration, I am in the process of building a "corner stadium" that I will use to veg plants.

sub'd for sure here. Thanks for the "epic" thread!

I have 4k in the stadium and 1200w in the tent.
Stadiums are great for yielding from small spaces.

excited to see how this round goes for ya Zoo. keep it crankning bro

thx TG, appreciate the words. doin my best over here with much help from the Farm.

NNnnnnnowww BBBBbaaatttinnnggggggg number 24 SF Zoo shortstoppppp

Shwing.....uh, i mean swing batttttttaaaaaa!!!

awesome,can you give us some more specifics on the stadium setup itself?lighting,cooling,ventilation and shelf setup? im seriously trippin that 1 1000 is able to flower all those plants!Is a/c being used at all?any pics of the shelves before the plants went in?cant wait to see the results!

specs are in the first post. you can check the old thread, if its still up, to see how this stadium produces.

Wow... even the cuttings look pro. sub'd.

lol, that's probably my least 'pro' part of my grow...but thanks anyway. i have trouble cloning but it doesn't keep me from trying!!!

little update later today or tomorrow.

thanks for looking :hi

S

sfzoo

little update later today or tomorrow.

lol. :fighting0085:

=========

Things are chuggin along in the stadium and tents.

Stadium as of today sits at day 33, approaching the start of wk 6. I was late on the first pk boost. Wanted to hit it around week 4, but got to it at the start of week 5.
With the 10 week strains its tough to pin down when is most beneficial to spike the PK. i'm definitely going to hit the last swell hard w/ MOAB+HH, around week 7 and 8. week 9 and 10 i'll be tapering the base nutes down and will be eyeing trichs for the finish line.

My confusion is when i should increase PK for the initial swell. I figured i'd wait till the stretch to stop so that I can keep the N pushing while it establishes the budsites. Once the stretch is over, prune and boost the PK to fill out those budsites. last boost is to fatten em up.

any thoughts?

Tent is somewhere around week 2-3. Stretch is just starting to slow. Canopy is a bit tilted, i'm still workin on that. The following photos are from 3 days ago.

Black Ice OG
IMG_8448.jpg

Purple Capo Kush
IMG_8453.jpg

Purple Urkle, a great structured plant. nice lateral brancing and stretches little. I'm hoping the flowers turn out just as good. A great candidate for a super sog in the stadium. Picture...150, packed in the shelves, almost no veg time and i could harvest once more per year.
IMG_8457.jpg

My sad attempt at canopy control. gettin better though:sad0104:
IMG_8458.jpg
IMG_84611.jpg

I feel like i can take a pound or two of foliage per day with no harm.I can't keep up.:character0095:
IMG_8469.jpg

OK, so my second question of the week is about super cropping. I've been pinching/sqeezing the stem until i hear a slight crunch/snap. that's it. the ones that didn't quite snap..I bent them gently in an arcing motion. nothing more. so, is that super cropping?

S

sfzoo

Some stadium shots

Alien Dawg
IMG_8533.jpg

IMG_8535.jpg
IMG_8536.jpg
]

Trainwreck
IMG_8497.jpg
IMG_8501.jpg

Alien Dawg
IMG_8503.jpg

Alien Dawg - SFVOG ( these were havin some hormonal issues at the flip. They seem to be fine now, but boy they were doin some funky things during the stretch.
IMG_8507.jpg

Deadhead OG
IMG_8512.jpg
IMG_8510.jpg
IMG_8514.jpg

Chemdog's Sister/D bx1 - 2 different plants, both lookin over fert'd in these pics. days after lookin like they're starting to be N def....they'll be flushed tomorrow and fed 3/4 strength.
IMG_8479.jpg
IMG_8484.jpg

IMG_8480.jpg

Chem Double Under Dawg. If she smokes as good as she looks and smells, we're keepin her.
IMG_8476.jpg
IMG_84751.jpg

IMG_8485.jpg

Platinum Kush
IMG_8495.jpg
IMG_8490.jpg

HERE WE GO!!!:dance:party0023::icon_animal26::boogie:

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking Good

Plants look happy and healthy, wish I had a Stadium. Don't think you can go wrong with your supercropping

mal

S

sfzoo

Thanks mal. the stadium setup is prefect for small spaces. easy to set up and low equipment costs.

My issue w/ supercropping is that i've been kinking it very violently and breaking the stalk. Been told that's not what supercropping is....so i've been trying to simply pinch stalks instead of kinking and bending.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking great sfzoo! The DUD and SIS can easily get too much Nitrogen and the clawed leaves... But, when done right they produce some fat and dense colas... :cool

Top Bottom