coir or perlite help please + rep 4 input

• Thread starter moodster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moodster

hi farmers ive been growing in soil for over 3 years im wanting to try perlite or coco coir as my medium which would give best results also i didnt want to water every day which would be the best thanks again

B

Buddy Flowers

go with coco if you're looking for more water retention

Venom818

Venom818

go with both coco/perlite but dont use more than 50% perlite

M

moodster

are they both as easy to grow in as soil is and what ph do they like?

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

both are nutral and will help retain the ph you feed at. I grow in soiless medium..not coco and I find 6.5 works best of me.

U

up yours

I prefer soil as ph can be a problem for me,peace. U.Y.

I

ibTheMan

Both, if you can get Sunshine #4 do it, also sunshine perlite is tops.

U

up yours

SHey motherlode dp you rinse your coir at ll before use also I correct myself it was salt toxicty was my coir problem sorry about mistake bhad to read grow journal

M

moodster

i still dont know if i shud just go with straight coco is coco as easy as soil to grow in ? + rep to you all

U

up yours

Why the change of media is yield down w/ soil or some problem but it is simply our opinions I use soil but am switchinng to uc for more yield potrntial but my soil grow is killer eoeal dankness not just my opinion my patients would say it for me but I wanna always give what they need meds of quality and ecojomy for me my services are free is why the cheap sorry no help. Later

M

moodster

yes man im struggling to get a zip per plant so i thought i wud change for a while

U

up yours

How. Long is veg what strainare you rootbound how large of a container:coffee

Venom818

Venom818

i still dont know if i shud just go with straight coco is coco as easy as soil to grow in ? + rep to you all

dont knpw what style of coco u going with i would go with something like 70 coco/30perlite straight coco might retain to much water.the more perlite u add the lees water it will retain.

to answer your question imo I find coco 100 times easier than soil and would never go back to soil get yourself a good coco like CANNA COCO it will take a minute to get the hang of it like anything else but u will be happy u switched

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I would check out coco based mixes. They are great and have a decent buffer.

Cheers,
Crom

Top Bottom