Cold water feed in soil

• Thread starter hella local916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hmm, I never really measured. What I do is take some old plastic containers(milk jugs, water bottles ect.), fill them with water, freeze them, then drop em in the res. Let em sit about an hour(with a pump circulating), then water. Ill be doing it in about a week, so Ill be sure to measure the temp. and report back.

Thats cool, thanks.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

With out door plants its obviously different but with container plants ice works good but dont over water put what ever ice fits as necessary according to water uptake of plant...for example in the end i usually water soil less so less ice is necessary i mean considering environment is ideal for ripening...ice maybe twice that last week. Good luck experimenting.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I do feed with sugars and carbohydrates and I agree that this does increase flavors/tastes/frost/weight. I dont however feed them the last week of flower. This is a period of ripening and flushing of access salts. Im trying to rid the buds of salts and chlorophyll in order to have a much cleaner and healthier smoke. Im a hydro/coco though, so it could be a bit different in soil. Do you feed your plants sugars, carbs or anything else during the last week of flower?
Try giving water + a sugar only (folks, you do NOT need to stay married to molasses or Sucanat! try other sugars!) during the last week. IF you've got microbes in there, especially those sugar-lovin' bacteria, then they'll experience a population explosion which will take up a LOT of N. I know because I've accidentally caused N- by giving sugar without realizing what I was doing, though it was early in flower the first time it happened to me. Took about a week for them to green back up after the microbes died and/or shat the N back out. But at the end of flower, the goal is to get N used up and made unavailable to the plant, and the water + sugar thing works great.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Try giving water + a sugar only (folks, you do NOT need to stay married to molasses or Sucanat! try other sugars!) during the last week. IF you've got microbes in there, especially those sugar-lovin' bacteria, then they'll experience a population explosion which will take up a LOT of N. I know because I've accidentally caused N- by giving sugar without realizing what I was doing, though it was early in flower the first time it happened to me. Took about a week for them to green back up after the microbes died and/or shat the N back out. But at the end of flower, the goal is to get N used up and made unavailable to the plant, and the water + sugar thing works great.

How much sugar per gallon of water??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How much depends on the actual concentration of the sugar being used. E.G. Malted barley extract is something like 82% sugar, barely pourable, so I thin it down to about 58%, closer to molasses. With crystallized sugar it needs to be made into a liquid, so a little calculation should be done there.

In any event, I begin and end with use rates based off molasses, and I usually use far less than others. However, I'm not just making tea with it, I include it in feeds and the watering routine.

To that end, the range of about 1tsp/gal-1T/5gals for molasses. If it's a more concentrated form, I use less. Make sense?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

How much depends on the actual concentration of the sugar being used. E.G. Malted barley extract is something like 82% sugar, barely pourable, so I thin it down to about 58%, closer to molasses. With crystallized sugar it needs to be made into a liquid, so a little calculation should be done there.

In any event, I begin and end with use rates based off molasses, and I usually use far less than others. However, I'm not just making tea with it, I include it in feeds and the watering routine.

To that end, the range of about 1tsp/gal-1T/5gals for molasses. If it's a more concentrated form, I use less. Make sense?

Yeah, makes perfect sense, thanks.

I'll probably just make a simple syrup on the stove then use that and add it to my water. That way I won't have to dissolve the sugar in each gallon of water.

ghost79

ghost79

I do feed with sugars and carbohydrates and I agree that this does increase flavors/tastes/frost/weight. I dont however feed them the last week of flower. This is a period of ripening and flushing of access salts. Im trying to rid the buds of salts and chlorophyll in order to have a much cleaner and healthier smoke. Im a hydro/coco though, so it could be a bit different in soil. Do you feed your plants sugars, carbs or anything else during the last week of flower?

I do not feed my plants during the last two (2) weeks of the flowering stage except for reverse osmosis water that's nearly 99.9% purified. I meant to feed the plants with sugar and carbohydrates the first 6 weeks of flowering. Then I would recommend flushing it to remove the excessive salt and toxicity built up with a product called Phinal flush by Advanced Nutrients. This will improve the overall appearance, taste, and a cleaner ans smoother smoke. The main thing is it's much tastier and a much smoother smoke as a result which is significant. I hope this carifies things, people shouldn't make asumptions. " Assumtions are the Mother of all fuck ups." PEACE!!!

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
I do not feed my plants during the last two (2) weeks of the flowering stage except for reverse osmosis water that's nearly 99.9% purified. I meant to feed the plants with sugar and carbohydrates the first 6 weeks of flowering. Then I would recommend flushing it to remove the excessive salt and toxicity built up with a product called Phinal flush by Advanced Nutrients. This will improve the overall appearance, taste, and a cleaner ans smoother smoke. The main thing is it's much tastier and a much smoother smoke as a result which is significant. I hope this carifies things, people shouldn't make asumptions. " Assumtions are the Mother of all fuck ups." PEACE!!!

Ok, that makes sense then. I ASSUMED you meant during the last few weeks of flower since thats what we were discussing. But, thats why I asked. Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Top Bottom