Colloidal Silver Fully Explained

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happy b

The simple answer is YES!!!
I have reversed a plant under a single 11w cfl bulb in a kitchen cupboard so I know for a fact it can be done
Then that's good enough for me.i think I'm going to give this a bash at some point soon . I'm in the process of selecting males & females from bodhi stock just now . maybe I will try reversing them . femmed goji og x ssdd anyone?

H

happy b

Iv heard it's really hard to reverse OG,s . like loompa says his reversed yeti pollen is like 90% sterile or something and iv heard some og just won't take .have any of you guys tried to reverse an OG?

S

Seraphim19

Man this has got me thinking the possibilities!! This thread will change to much in some of our minds..ima still grow out the odd male but this will help to keep some nice keepers
I know what you mean the possibilities are endless!
I usually harvest some fem pollen when I reverse a plant just so I can pollinate a bud or two of any future potential mate just so I get a sneak fem preview of how they will turn out

The thing is I have got a fridge full of fem crosses I have yet to try. its just too temptin to give up one bud for 50+ fem seeds.

Its a nice problem to have though so I thought lets share my problem!

I hope you all have problems soon! lol

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

How to make a colloidal silver generator for ÂŁ10 I just wanted to share this knowledge with you and give a little back.

I will now give you step by step instructions on how to make a colloidal silver generator and how to produce the silver itself

First you will need the components:
View attachment 484647

1. a multimeter ( got mine off ebay for ÂŁ2 ) this is to measure the current passing throught the water
View attachment 484648

2. a 33Kohm 0.25W resistor ( from any good electronics supplier for pennies )
View attachment 484649

3. 4 9v batteries ( got them for ÂŁ2 at the supermarket )
View attachment 484650
4. pure silver not jewelelry it has to be 99.99% pure (got pure silver wire from ebay ÂŁ3 )
View attachment 484651

5. pure water the purer the better (NOT TAP WATER!!)distilled or de-ionised
View attachment 484652

6. 3 double ended crocodile clips
View attachment 484653

7. a clean glass vase (cleaner than this one)
View attachment 484654

Now to assemble the generator

1. connect all 4 batteries together creating a 36v power supply
View attachment 484655

2. wrap one end of the resistor to each of the prongs from the multimeter
View attachment 484656
View attachment 484657
3. connecting the clips
a. connect two clips to the batteries one on each free pole
View attachment 484658

b. now get the multimeter and attach the third clip to one prong
c. then attach a clip from the battery to the other prong on the multi meter
View attachment 484659

d. now take some silver wire and put a good length in each free clip

4. turn the multimeter on and touch the silver wire together to test. it should say 36v

5. now place the silver wire into the pure water on opposite sides of the container, making sure the clips do not touch the water only the silver(ruins the solution)

to make sure I don't touch anything with the silver I use a diy holder for the clips.

Here is my method

I get a piece of cardboard, some sticky tape, scissors and a measuring tape.
View attachment 484660
I measured how wide the vase is and made holes in the cardboard so the wires could drop into the water about an inch apart

Then I taped the clips to the cardboard and made sure the wire did not touch the sides
View attachment 484661

then just sit it on top of the vase
View attachment 484663 View attachment 484662

TIP: use a clean glass container to make the colloidal silver in, as glass is inert and will not affect the solution

Now you should see the voltage is lower than 36v this is normal as the water is not as conductive yet. as time passes the voltage will rise.
View attachment 484664

It should now look something like this
View attachment 484665 View attachment 484666

leave this to work for about 8 hours the water will yellow slightly as soon as you see this stop the generator its done!

To effectively use this solution
spray female plants once daily (drenching)

start spraying as soon as they show pistills

within two weeks you should see male heads start to form, when this happens stop spraying with colloidal silver and return to normal growing strategies.

you should have viable fem pollen after 4 weeks of stopping the spraying

as per timeline below

week 1 plant germs

week 3 pistills appear and spraying with colloidal silver starts

week 5 male heads developing spraying stops

week 8-9 Fem pollen released

This generator has produced me multiple batches of cs and they have all worked 100%

Any questions feel free to contact me as I will be only too glad to assist you
Instead of wire could i cut this coin and clip a peice to each clip and it work the same or can i clip both wires to the coin as a whole...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ok back with more info as I did say FULLY explained.

In this part I will be going through what colloidal silver is and how to use it with autos to make feminised seeds.

I hope that this guide will be beneficial for those wanting to try their hand at feminisation for the first time.

What is Colloidal Silver?

First lets break it down.

A Colloid is a substance in which microscopically dispersed insoluble particles are suspended throughout another substance.
In this case the colloid will be pure water. The microscopically dispersed substance in this case will be pure silver.

Once the microscopic particles have been suspended in the water it is known as colloidal silver

What is Colloidal Silver used for?

Colloidal Silver has a number of uses and is sold for medical purposes, but in this case we will be using it to give a plant a sex change.

How Does it work?
When used to reverse a plant the microscopic particles of silver will penetrate into the plant and begin to stop the production of ethylene. By stopping ethylene production the plant will produce male flowers. These flowers and the resulting pollen, although male in appearance, do not posses the Y chromosome found in male plants.
So by using pollen containing only X chromosomes you will create all female seeds.
the reason for this is that the plant that will bear the seeds will be female containing XX chromosomes and the pollinating plant will also be female containing XX chromosomes. This means each parent can only pass on an X chromosome to the next generations, so all will have XX chromosomes which will make them all female.

How do I get some Colloidal Silver
There are two ways to get some colloidal silver, either buy some or make some.
I recommend that you make some. The reason for this is that you will know that your C.S. is fresh and the right concentration.
There are a few products on the market claiming to be able to reverse a plant but I have not found one that I could recommend.

How do I make feminised seeds using autoflowering plants
To make feminised seeds with autos is easy IF you get your timing right. The key is to have the mother plant at the right stage to accept pollen when the reversed plant is ready to drop pollen.
The rule you want to follow is that the mother plant should be put down 2-3 weeks after the plant to be reversed. So if you had a strain you loved i.e. AK47 and wanted to make a supply of fem seeds you would plant one today and another in 2-3 weeks. This should mean that the reversed plant will drop pollen around week 8 of its life and the mother plant should be ready to accept the pollen at 5-6 weeks old, allowing time for the seeds to mature fully and allowing the mother plant to develop enough buds to give you a lot of seeds.
I know this is an old thread, but I am gonna try this. I got some fast and vast, and white widow Auto seeds. I will finish reading the thread and then if I have any questions,, Or if any new info is available.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

How to make a colloidal silver generator for ÂŁ10 I just wanted to share this knowledge with you and give a little back.

I will now give you step by step instructions on how to make a colloidal silver generator and how to produce the silver itself

First you will need the components:
View attachment 484647

1. a multimeter ( got mine off ebay for ÂŁ2 ) this is to measure the current passing throught the water
View attachment 484648

2. a 33Kohm 0.25W resistor ( from any good electronics supplier for pennies )
View attachment 484649

3. 4 9v batteries ( got them for ÂŁ2 at the supermarket )
View attachment 484650
4. pure silver not jewelelry it has to be 99.99% pure (got pure silver wire from ebay ÂŁ3 )
View attachment 484651

5. pure water the purer the better (NOT TAP WATER!!)distilled or de-ionised
View attachment 484652

6. 3 double ended crocodile clips
View attachment 484653

7. a clean glass vase (cleaner than this one)
View attachment 484654

Now to assemble the generator

1. connect all 4 batteries together creating a 36v power supply
View attachment 484655

2. wrap one end of the resistor to each of the prongs from the multimeter
View attachment 484656
View attachment 484657
3. connecting the clips
a. connect two clips to the batteries one on each free pole
View attachment 484658

b. now get the multimeter and attach the third clip to one prong
c. then attach a clip from the battery to the other prong on the multi meter
View attachment 484659

d. now take some silver wire and put a good length in each free clip

4. turn the multimeter on and touch the silver wire together to test. it should say 36v

5. now place the silver wire into the pure water on opposite sides of the container, making sure the clips do not touch the water only the silver(ruins the solution)

to make sure I don't touch anything with the silver I use a diy holder for the clips.

Here is my method

I get a piece of cardboard, some sticky tape, scissors and a measuring tape.
View attachment 484660
I measured how wide the vase is and made holes in the cardboard so the wires could drop into the water about an inch apart

Then I taped the clips to the cardboard and made sure the wire did not touch the sides
View attachment 484661

then just sit it on top of the vase
View attachment 484663 View attachment 484662

TIP: use a clean glass container to make the colloidal silver in, as glass is inert and will not affect the solution

Now you should see the voltage is lower than 36v this is normal as the water is not as conductive yet. as time passes the voltage will rise.
View attachment 484664

It should now look something like this
View attachment 484665 View attachment 484666

leave this to work for about 8 hours the water will yellow slightly as soon as you see this stop the generator its done!

To effectively use this solution
spray female plants once daily (drenching)

start spraying as soon as they show pistills

within two weeks you should see male heads start to form, when this happens stop spraying with colloidal silver and return to normal growing strategies.

you should have viable fem pollen after 4 weeks of stopping the spraying

as per timeline below

week 1 plant germs

week 3 pistills appear and spraying with colloidal silver starts

week 5 male heads developing spraying stops

week 8-9 Fem pollen released

This generator has produced me multiple batches of cs and they have all worked 100%

Any questions feel free to contact me as I will be only too glad to assist you
So would these two items be what I need?
https://www.amazon.com/9999-Pure-Silver-Wire-Gauge/dp/B00BU6GZS4

Homesteader

Homesteader

Unless you want to build it for the fun of building it, I would suggest just getting a generator on ebay for 40-50 dollars. They are clean with nice cell phone charger power adapters. Mine even came with a small spritzer bottle and a ppm chart showing how cloudy each ppm reading was.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Unless you want to build it for the fun of building it, I would suggest just getting a generator on ebay for 40-50 dollars. They are clean with nice cell phone charger power adapters. Mine even came with a small spritzer bottle and a ppm chart showing how cloudy each ppm reading was.
No I am good on building it for fun. I have enough projects. Maybe a link to the one you purchased as I like having a review such as yours that I know is unbiased. Have you used it effectively to achieve fem seeds? Auto's?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Fem seeds from photos only. I would be interested in watching a thread if you do this. I sprayed mine right at first sign of preflower but i have almost no xp with autos.

The Shivers

The Shivers

Love this info. Hopefully, I'll get to try it out next Summer with my leftover seeds from this year.

I've got a few extra Critical+ and 2Fast 2Vast that might go well together... Though, I might try to get a purple into the mix too. Oh, the possibilities.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I cant get a voltage reading on my multimeter.

H

heisen

you dont need a multimeter.Any 9 to 14 volt dc power pack will work.cell phone charger works good.One thing this dude failed to mention is bubbling the solution.Put a small air stone in the jar and add a little space heater to warm it up.I went a few days before i could get my ppm over 50.it seems the more you agitate the water the better.once you hit a ppm keep checking and make sure it doesnt start dropping.once it starts to drop its over.the silver particles start to bind into bigger ones and the batch will go to shit.i can make this shit by the gallon now.

ahemait

ahemait

Just buy some sodium thiosulphate and silver nitrate. This is what the horticultural industry uses. Combined to create silver thiosulphate, it is 100% effective.

Less than $100cad will get you enough to make like, a hundred litres or something ridiculous. Basically a lifetime supply, and no dicking around.
Google silver thiosulphate. It's time we embrace science!

H

heisen

Just buy some sodium thiosulphate and silver nitrate. This is what the horticultural industry uses. Combined to create silver thiosulphate, it is 100% effective.

Less than $100cad will get you enough to make like, a hundred litres or something ridiculous. Basically a lifetime supply, and no dicking around.
Google silver thiosulphate. It's time we embrace science!
And the cost of 2 silver coins is 50 bucks.the experience to put everything together and make your own colloidal silver for life is priceless.
The problem with this generation is everyone wants everything the easy way.its the satisfaction of making it that is far better than buying some bottled shit to mix up

ahemait

ahemait

And the cost of 2 silver coins is 50 bucks.the experience to put everything together and make your own colloidal silver for life is priceless.
The problem with this generation is everyone wants everything the easy way.its the satisfaction of making it that is far better than buying some bottled shit to mix up
If you look online there's just as many threads about colloidal silver not working as there is working. Why gamble?

Just science that shit like the professionals!

ahemait

ahemait

Lol ok man.
The cost difference is negligible, but one is guaranteed to work.

I guess if you have the time (=money) and money to monkey around, all the power to you, take your chances.

I prefer to science.

H

heisen

You keep looking online while I'm looking in my grow room.i don't have to look up nothing.if I need some cs it takes me 30 minutes and that's it.works every time I need it to work.i don' have to buy any chemicals or store that shit.
And yes these so called professionals use CS

Latest posts

Top Bottom