Colloidal silver production at home

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

So I have this cheap Chinese made hot plate with magnetic mixer, with a constant temp controller. I purchased a “LifeForce” compact EZ-2 colloidal silver generator and have been building up a supply, currently making everything at 40ppm in distilled water. Using silver with certs, and running around 30deg C (86f). My current process allows for me to make 24oz of 40ppm in 48min. I plan on doing a side by side between my own and store bought premium.

Here is a short video of my current setup running.

This is what I plan on comparing my product to
Colloidal silver production at home

ahemait

ahemait

"Prepare a 0.1 M Sodium Thiosulfate (STS) stock solution by dissolving 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate (Product No. S7026) into 100 ml of water. Prepare a 0.1 M Silver Nitrate stock solution by dissolving 1.7 g of Silver Nitrate (Product No. S7276) into 100 ml of water. Store the stock solutions in the dark until needed to prepare the STS.
In general, the STS is prepared with a molar ratio between silver and thiosulfate of 1:4, respectively. Nearly all of the silver present in the solution is in the form of
[Ag(S2O3)2]3-, the active complex for ethylene effect inhibition.
Prepare a 0.02 M STS by slowly pouring 20 ml of 0.1 M silver nitrate stock solution into 80 ml of 0.1 M sodium thiosulfate stock solution. The STS can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. However, preparation of the STS just prior to use is recommended."

Just spend a few bucks and do it properly. It's faster, easier, and 100%

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

"Prepare a 0.1 M Sodium Thiosulfate (STS) stock solution by dissolving 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate (Product No. S7026) into 100 ml of water. Prepare a 0.1 M Silver Nitrate stock solution by dissolving 1.7 g of Silver Nitrate (Product No. S7276) into 100 ml of water. Store the stock solutions in the dark until needed to prepare the STS.
In general, the STS is prepared with a molar ratio between silver and thiosulfate of 1:4, respectively. Nearly all of the silver present in the solution is in the form of
Prepare a 0.02 M STS by slowly pouring 20 ml of 0.1 M silver nitrate stock solution into 80 ml of 0.1 M sodium thiosulfate stock solution. The STS can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. However, preparation of the STS just prior to use is recommended."

Sounds fun. I don’t know about “do it properly”, but thanks. I’ll have to see how difficult it is to source those

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Wow! This is something that in my 11 years of doing this that I have never heard a whisper of! I will definitely be looking into this more! Thanks for the nugget of info.

Skeptik

Skeptik

Absolutely agree. I've tried both and the STS method is the only way I'll turn a female. Spray branches, or the whole plant at flip to 12/12, then again a week later. Works every time. I found Colloidal Silver to be hit or miss, and difficult or expensive to generate a particular concentration.

ahemait

ahemait

Pretty cheap to run. I’ll give it a try, but looks legit- thanks
It's a standard practice in the horticulture industry, tested and true for...I don't even know how long. The thiosulphate is cheap as can be and the nitrate mid range. But you don't need much, so don't order a bunch thinking you'll have a stockpile or anything. They do have shelf lives.

But yea, remember, just the tip!
A whole branch will give you hundreds of male flowers, so unless you want a dust storm, less is more

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

It's a standard practice in the horticulture industry, tested and true for...I don't even know how long. The thiosulphate is cheap as can be and the nitrate mid range. But you don't need much, so don't order a bunch thinking you'll have a stockpile or anything. They do have shelf lives.

A whole branch will give you hundreds of male flowers, so unless you want a dust storm, less is more
Awesome I’m excited to give it a run. Ordered. I don’t know how I missed this. Thanks again.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Will these self pollinate or should I still run another and paint brush pollenate ?

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

So, by just the tip, you mean to spray just the tip of the plant, and that is the only part that will "anomolize" ? For lack of a more appropriate word in my head at the moment? I am toying around with the idea of doing this myself in the coming month rather than pay the outrageous prices for 3 fem seed packs and risk them being sent and not damaged or worse. how easy would it be to accomplish something in a tent on the other side of the house and not affect my flower room? How easy is it to get started? I have a decent knowledge of plants and basic horticulture skills, so I wont be learning another language, just how to conjugate a few verbs, right?

ahemait

ahemait

So, by just the tip, you mean to spray just the tip of the plant, and that is the only part that will "anomolize" ? For lack of a more appropriate word in my head at the moment? I am toying around with the idea of doing this myself in the coming month rather than pay the outrageous prices for 3 fem seed packs and risk them being sent and not damaged or worse. how easy would it be to accomplish something in a tent on the other side of the house and not affect my flower room? How easy is it to get started? I have a decent knowledge of plants and basic horticulture skills, so I wont be learning another language, just how to conjugate a few verbs, right?
Well, if you just spray the tip of a branch you'll end up with dozens of males flowers from that spot alone.

As far as pollin contamination around the house, i dunno. Probably depends on airflow in your home and other variables i couldn't fathom. Given the pollen grains are basically microscopic, they can fly pretty far, but at the same time in the absence of pollinating insects, i feel like it would be a pretty slim chance? Worst case scenario you get all the seeds you need and share some? I've had individual plants that had a half dozen male flowers show up and it wasn't some mass seeding event, so I'm not too sure how much stock to put into these stories you read about a few male flowers pollinating a full plant or more. Sounds like horse shit to me? I wouldn't worry too much, but then worry is a waste of my time.

ahemait

ahemait

Will these self pollinate or should I still run another and paint brush pollenate ?
You might end up with a few self polinnating if they are like directly above a female flower, without pollinating insects you either need a lot of male flowers to open or, you guessed it, you get to do the dirty work. Well, I guess it's not dirty if you like to watch I suppose, but don't be a pervert.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

You might end up with a few self polinnating if they are like directly above a female flower, without pollinating insects you either need a lot of male flowers to open or, you guessed it, you get to do the dirty work. Well, I guess it's not dirty if you like to watch I suppose, but don't be a pervert.

Hahahahaha I have always used paint brushes and hit specific branches when I have made seeds in the past (25years), but That was not fem seed making

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Game on. Mixed up a batch and set to work. On both auto and norms.

B6914C4B FCF4 4552 874F 2D84CFD31B9D

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think it can also e made by electrolysis… A car battery and some silver, but I don't know the correct way to determine the concentrations of the silver solution. I used to enjoy messing with electrolysis when Nickle coating pennies and stuff like that.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I think it can also e made by electrolysis… A car battery and some silver, but I don't know the correct way to determine the concentrations of the silver solution. I used to enjoy messing with electrolysis when Nickle coating pennies and stuff like that.

So that’s what I have been making, I have been producing 40ppm. But after doing more research and finding that @ahemait has some legit science backing up his claims I’m going to use both. Honestly though it appears pointless as the solution ratio he gives makes it cheap, easy to make, and from what multiple sources say 100% effective. Still I’ll see how the CS works, and most likely gift or sell the remaining to some friends who like it for health and sterilization 🤦‍♂

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
So that’s what I have been making, I have been producing 40ppm. But after doing more research and finding that @ahemait has some legit science backing up his claims I’m going to use both. Honestly though it appears pointless as the solution ratio he gives makes it cheap, easy to make, and from what multiple sources say 100% effective. Still I’ll see how the CS works, and most likely gift or sell the remaining to some friends who like it for health and sterilization 🤦‍♂️
His method is much more accurate and easier... just mixing some chems together instead of a Frankenstein setup. It is also easily available online and is pretty cheap. Just be careful as it is light sensitive and can break down if exposed to too much light.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

His method is much more accurate and easier... just mixing some chems together instead of a Frankenstein setup. It is also easily available online and is pretty cheap. Just be careful as it is light sensitive and can break down if exposed to too much light.

I like to make it build as much as I can. I enjoy experimenting and developing for my own self centered reasons. That being said I like pulling out the beakers and mixing up a batch - it’s fresh and I can feel confident that I know what’s in it.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I like to make it build as much as I can. I enjoy experimenting and developing for my own self centered reasons. That being said I like pulling out the beakers and mixing up a batch - it’s fresh and I can feel confident that I know what’s in it.
I like it for the magical electrolysis process, which I've messed with as a kid, not long after Franklin discovered electricity! It's the fun of it and the ability to do it... not necessarily the end result, but the attempting is the fun part.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

So I wasn’t as careful as I normally am and didn’t wear gloves. Didn’t make a lot of contact but ended up with some black staining to my skin. It is slowly showing more and more. Nothing I’m very concerned with but I DID NOT look at the risks before I played, and that was poor judgment by me. So anyone else who decides to play should be aware and use proper ppe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom