Colloidal Silver Reversal And Fem Seed Production

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Seraphim19

In this thread I will be reversing a strain called Special Reserve and making some feminised seeds.

The plant to be reversed is just under a month old. I started spraying it with colloidal silver a couple of days ago. It will be sprayed once a day for the next 2-3 weeks.

I expect to see male parts developing within 2 weeks and pollen to be dropping within 4-6 weeks

Here is the plant after her first spraying
Colloidal silver reversal and fem seed production
Colloidal silver reversal and fem seed production 2
Colloidal silver reversal and fem seed production 3
Colloidal silver reversal and fem seed production 4

I put down a fresh batch of Special Reserve yesterday. I will be searching through these for potential mothers, to be pollinated, for the fem seed

Full.Melt

Full.Melt

@Seraphim19 have you ever used sts vs cs? i have only used colloidal silver with great results.

S

Seraphim19

@Seraphim19 have you ever used sts vs cs? i have only used colloidal silver with great results.
I have never personally used STS as it involves chemicals and I am anti chemical first and then I also have safety concerns with STS, namely I have children so I don't want anything around especially in the fridge that little hands could get hold of and do themselves harm. I do, however know people who use STS and they have excellent results with it and it is much easier to reverse a plant using it.
I am happy with my colloidal silver so I will stick to it for now.

S

Seraphim19

Time for an overdue update

I have been spraying the plant daily for the last 2 weeks with colloidal silver I produced myself with the generator I documented how to make, and she has started to show male parts.

After a week of spraying the wasn't really anything to see but I took pictures anyway just to document the process. here is how she looked after the first week of spraying.
20150303 172928

20150303 173022

20150303 172935
Week 1 close

After 2 weeks of spraying she has clearly visible male parts developing, I will be spraying for another week just to be sure of a complete reversal.

Here is what she looks like now
20150310 165735

20150310 165746

20150310 165806

20150310 165827

20150310 165854

Reverse close up

I am expecting pollen to begin dropping in the next 2 weeks. I will be collecting and storing some pollen and I will be applying some to another female Special Reserve plant to create some feminise SR seeds. I am also considering having a play with the pollen and doing a few sample crosses to try out. For the sample crosses I will be pollinating a single bud for seed and keeping the rest of the plant for harvest. I will of course show the full process of all pollinations.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Great thread @Seraphim19 !

You should include the link about DIY CS, so everything is here in the same thread. It's a really nice tutorial, even for noobs like me :) .

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

@Seraphim19 i dont want to make my own and the stuff you buy is around 30 ppm can i use more , more often boil it so it reduces and brings up ppm or any suggestions .

Toaster79

Toaster79

As Seraphim wrote, he's spraying 31ppm twice a day. So 30ppm off the shelf should work fine as long as there aren't any other impurities included.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Na it all good uv filtered spring water and 99.9% silver .

S

Seraphim19

@Seraphim19 i dont want to make my own and the stuff you buy is around 30 ppm can i use more , more often boil it so it reduces and brings up ppm or any suggestions .

30 ppm is an adequate concentration to induce a reversal. At that concentration level I recommend spraying twice daily for 3 weeks to ensure a good reversal, as I have done.

A word of caution though, I would go with Tiresias mist if you are buying it in. It may seem way more expensive but it is worth it. The reason I say this is that when used to reverse a plant CS has a shelf life. I don't use any spray that is over 3 months old. When used for medical purposes this shelf life doesn't apply so I would get the specialized stuff. Being specialized you will find it will be stored in the correct way(in a dark cool environment). Sunlight and heat can also degrade the effectiveness of the spray so I wouldn't recommend boiling it to increase the concentration.

I hope that helps, good luck with your project mate

S

Seraphim19

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I have some 200 ppm CS would you recommend diluting or just fewer applications ?

S

Seraphim19

I have some 200 ppm CS would you recommend diluting or just fewer applications ?

I have no idea what CS with a ppm that high will do to the plant, for all I know it may be at a toxic level and kill the plant.

To be safe I would use pure water(r/o water or distilled) and dilute it down to suit your spraying preference. So if you want to only spray once a day dilute it to around 50 ppm or if you are ok spraying twice daily then dilute down to around 25 ppm.

I have used these figures as it should be quite easy to work out the ratio for dilution if you don't have a ppm meter. If you do then go with 60 for daily and 30 for twice daily.

Remember you always have the option to make your own, which I feel is much more reliable as you are 100% sure it is fresh or just getting some new CS.

Whatever you decide I wish you luck, let me know how it works out for you.

S

Seraphim19

Its good to see people showing an interest in this thread, I am glad I started it! And thank you @happy b for suggesting it.
When Happy suggested I do I thread that showed the whole process including growing the offspring created I had an idea.
My idea was to not just grow these babies myself but to get some off you guys to join me in a grow off and see who can get the best out of the strain.

What do you think? Anyone up for the challenge?

Back to the matter at hand though, I have stopped spraying the plant now. She had 2 1/2 weeks of twice daily spraying with 31ppm CS and there are now male part everywhere on her. I can see that they are beginning to open up so she has been moved into solitary confinement to avoid any unwanted contamination of my other plants. Hopefully by next week I will be showing you all some feminised pollen being dropped.

But seeing is believing right, so let me show you what's happening.

Here is a general look at the plant and as you can see pollen sacs are clearly visible even at this distance
20150317 194326

20150317 194343

Now as I move in closer on the main cola you can see just how many pollen sacs there are!
20150317 194351

Move in a bit closer and you can clearly see how they have developed
20150317 194424

This shot shows that they are not just on the top, they go all the way down the central cola
20150317 194557

This is a shot of one of the buds on a limb much further down and you can see that, while there are nowhere near the number of pollen sacs as at the top, she is still producing pollen down here as well
20150317 194459

If everything goes according to plan then next update I will be showing the pollen dropping, my method for collecting the pollen, pollination of the mother plant/plants, and how I store pollen for future use.

S

Seraphim19

She isn't dropping pollen yet, so my plans are on hold for now but she should start dropping pollen in the next few days and then I can get to showing you some more good stuff.

I have got 10 potential Special Reserve mothers growing at the moment and 2-3 will be used to bear seeds.
I have also decided to hit my British Blue Blood with a little reversed pollen. I will only be pollinating one small bud.
The reason I am doing this is because I don't share Special Reserve and I wanted to do a grow off with some feminised seeds so everyone can see the results and rather than me just saying they are great you could see some impartial opinions.

So I will be creating some feminised Special Blue Blood seeds and hopefully getting a few of you guys to join me in testing them.

For now this is what the plant is doing

A quick overview
20150324 161403

20150324 161424

Here are some shots of the bud sites and you should be able to see the pollen sacs beginning to open up
20150324 161436

20150324 161515

20150324 161550

20150324 161638

20150324 161741
20150324 161754

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Id definitely be up for it . if shit hadn't just happened . A question though if u use c/s and sprinkle pollen on the autos would they take up some of the fathers traits .

Top Bottom