Colo. may set limits for driving after marijuana use

• Thread starter mendel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mendel

http://www.denverpost.com/news/marijuana/ci_16780152

Colo. may set limits for driving after marijuana use

Colorado could soon establish tough new measures to crack down on those who toke and drive.

Under a proposal expected to be introduced at the Capitol early next year, the state would create a threshold for the amount of THC — the psychoactive component of marijuana — drivers could have in their blood. Anyone who is stopped and tests above that limit would be considered to be driving while stoned.
---------------------------------------------------

More big govt rhetoric, whole article available at the link above. Look for those who have been proven to be in compliance under the law to the harrassed by the local juco pigs in their neighborhoods. I am sure I will be one of the first. 'Honey can you drive me to the store, I smoked a joint last Tuesday.'

Dorje

Dorje

From the Denver Post:

"In Colorado, THC or some other form of marijuana showed up in 26 of the 312 drivers killed that year."

That's 8.3% of drivers. I bet over 10% of CO residents would have detectable THC or metabolites in their system at any given time, if so that means you are less likely to die in a car accident compared to the general population. That's why we call 'em "safety breaks" when snowboarding and mt. biking.

sky high

sky high

Bicycles have always been very trustworthy forms of transportation, altitude!

1367735228 927b7da479
MileHighChic

MileHighChic

This isn't anything new. If a cop pulls you over and detects the smell of marijuana or suspects you are high..then they can take you in and give you a blood test for drugs. It really depends on the cop, some will let you go. Use Visine, air out the car and maintain your composer and you will be just fine.

I drive high all the time and only gotten pulled over when I am not stoned. Be careful out there ,everyone.

summitoker

summitoker

best bet, dont be smokin on the road!

I have recently heard about mouth swabs that can tell if you have been smoking within the last hour or two. But blood testing would probably make them more money.....

H

Hylife

Well this is bs, what about for long time patients who have a lot of thc built up in their system does this mean they're always considered stoned?? And aren't different patients with different tolerances going to have different thc levels in their blood at any given time?

A

A20Grower

The city of littlefun is enforcing an 8 hour time limit on consumption. Since there is no roadside blood or breath test yet, they can only arrest MMJ's based on questioning.

The cop will ask when the last time you consumed was, and if the answer is within the last 8 hours, you'll be arrested and charged with DUID(rugs).

"Yeah officer, I took a hit from a joint 6 hours ago."
"Step out of the car please."

It's also interesting that these new body scanners that can't detect explosives can detect things like drugs. A rapper in Cali got arrested recently[citation needed].

It will be interesting to see the threshold that will be enforced.

edit: It's too bad that those directly affected don't speak out to their elected and un-elected officials. It's so easy to complain anonymously, but no one seems willing to go public as a patient/high use/high thc etc.

M

mendel

edit: It's too bad that those directly affected don't speak out to their elected and un-elected officials. It's so easy to complain anonymously, but no one seems willing to go public as a patient/high use/high thc etc.

Why bother, its plain to anyone with half a cerebral cortex that the white collar criminals to whom you refer work for their own interests as opposed those of their constituents. This is another scheme to extract private wealth from the populus, and feed the private prison system in place in this country.

M

mdTHC420

rmcg, how scientific and empirical. how is CO thinking of testing for this other than mouth swabs and such? it is easier just to not be pullin a glass pipe out to pack in rush hour and not be stopped i supose...

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Just don't hit bowls at stop lights or try and talk to the cop with half a moon pie in your face. Smoke nicely rolled joints while you're driving instead of bowls or a cig 1 hitter. Fuck it, I'm inventing a vape that you plug into your cigarette lighter. If you say it's against your religion to have your blood drawn then they can't do it. Hey, it worked for those arab ninja ladies from being frisked walking through security right?

Yes, just one more little thing to squander your wealth and detract your freedoms. LEO needs to PROVE impairment with a test other than a blood test. Since marijuana doesn't impair you (unless it's keeping moon pie crumbs off of your shirt) they'll have a very difficult time convicting you of anything in court. If anything it's a license suspension for refusal to draw blood. What, do they give you an algebra test on the spot? Tease you into admittance of guilt with a fesh baked rice krispy treat? fucking absurd. I hope I have enough blood to get home with if I drive my vw bus through a check point.

Don't profile yourself and you'll be ok. Carry some ozium or citrus spray and vape it, it smells alot less when you vape.

Damn, one more reason why I need to find someone to make skunk scented air fresheners for cars.

M

mdTHC420

Just don't hit bowls at stop lights or try and talk to the cop with half a moon pie in your face. Smoke nicely rolled joints while you're driving instead of bowls or a cig 1 hitter. Fuck it, I'm inventing a vape that you plug into your cigarette lighter. If you say it's against your religion to have your blood drawn then they can't do it. Hey, it worked for those arab ninja ladies from being frisked walking through security right?

Yes, just one more little thing to squander your wealth and detract your freedoms. LEO needs to PROVE impairment with a test other than a blood test. Since marijuana doesn't impair you (unless it's keeping moon pie crumbs off of your shirt) they'll have a very difficult time convicting you of anything in court. If anything it's a license suspension for refusal to draw blood. What, do they give you an algebra test on the spot? Tease you into admittance of guilt with a fesh baked rice krispy treat? fucking absurd. I hope I have enough blood to get home with if I drive my vw bus through a check point.

Don't profile yourself and you'll be ok. Carry some ozium or citrus spray and vape it, it smells alot less when you vape.

Damn, one more reason why I need to find someone to make skunk scented air fresheners for cars.

that shit made my night... so funny. nicely rolled js where its at. id love a math test to get out of shit. DUI check points should be a pop quiz and if u get 6 of 10 ur good. after all, in america, a D is still passing.

S

SoCoMMJ

I believe that they test for different THC metabolites.

The THC-COOH stays in your bloodstream for a short time after smoking. That is the one they are testing for.

The THCa is the one that hangs out in your fat cells waiting a month for the chance to fail you on an employment drug screen.

I wonder if LEO is going to draw samples... scary shit in America these days.

T

trykome1

Love all of of it lol. Please everyone just lay low and don't get caught. They will try to make an example!

H

Hydro King

Reading this make's me laugh. And then it makes me cry.
Have these people making these laws lost there minds
They will say or do anything to make money and have control.
Its big Biz, As big as it get's. In slave man kind right in front of there face's.
The real question is how long are the hard working people of this country going to take it? That change they were taking about must have gotten lost in the couch.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

Wow, they are really trying to make a stand here, huh. We need to remember though, DUID laws have been in place forever. The only people I have heard of getting them were caught either redhanded, or with smoke billowing from the windows (literally). I don't see them doing blood tests unless someone is in blatant violation. Blood tests are expensive and time consuming.

Hopefully this is just a scare. I am 27 and have had my license since I was 16. So I have been driving for over a decade, and it has been very rare for me to get behind the wheel unstoned. And guess what, not a single accident.

What a world we live in.

R

RMCG

No, I think this 'change' was to be expected...

Wait until it's 'legalized'.

Top Bottom