Colorado...lets Talk

• Thread starter xavier7995
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm waiting for Snoop to market a auto flower LED grown bud then I will be on board.
I hope he runs his LED company better than his football league.
I really would be curious as to what is in the package and the bizarre sales pitch that I am sure goes along with it. Been to livwell before, i give them kudos on having a nicely designed space, they do not get kudos on any other aspect. The sales pitch and budtender talk was the second most pretentious I have experienced, looking at you the clinic for the worst one. But, I think it would be great to go ask a bunch of questions about snoops weed and just see what they say. I want to hear that snoop personally blessed this with his fake rasta persona JAHHHH.

I can't knock the guy though. I think it was one of anthony bourdain's books where he recounted a conversation talking to emeril lagasse and was like "why do you do the shtick and put out all this crap as merch" and he got the response that the empire employs a lot of people and he owed it to those that worked hard for him to keep it going. As stupid as most of it is, i bet snoop is employing a lot of people that might not otherwise get an opportunity. its an optimistic kind o day, what can i say.
They are a great place if you are re-selling their meds. When they were running sub-$100 ounces they were pre-weighing QP's for extended plant counts. I think they also got busted in the pesticide crackdown. Too big to fail, they serve a niche market of low cost and low quality herb.

While being successful, I think that chain is a great example of how not to grow good flowers. They wouldn't be around if their business plan didn't work though, and they outlasted better spots like cam, so props to them. It's just not my thing.

They are the breastaraunt of marijuana.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I hope he runs his LED company better than his football league.

They are the breastaraunt of marijuana.

hahaha, that is a pretty good description, point in fact the front desk chick was crazy hot. I was actually talking more about snoop dizzles brand empire. Dude put out one good album and has managed to ride that and build a brand for like 20 years, along the way lifting up a lot of people with him.

I respect livwell from a business perspective, but yeah...that doesn't really take into account that I think they have terrible products, are a cancer on the industry, etc etc just there to make money. Their branding/marketing is the best in CO though regarding getting people in the door and selling them crap.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

hahaha, that is a pretty good description, point in fact the front desk chick was crazy hot. I was actually talking more about snoop dizzles brand empire. Dude put out one good album and has managed to ride that and build a brand for like 20 years, along the way lifting up a lot of people with him.

I respect livwell from a business perspective, but yeah...that doesn't really take into account that I think they have terrible products, are a cancer on the industry, etc etc just there to make money. Their branding/marketing is the best in CO though regarding getting people in the door and selling them crap.
Livwell is the beta version of philip morris, the next chapter will be eliminating the largest cost of MMC's, electricity. Once they get outdoor, secured grows in place or otherwise better or more cheaply replicate sunlight then shit is gonna get real.

If patients think livwell is tough competition, just wait until those big greenhouses start popping up on the eastern plains.

I also think the only way marijuana will get off of schedule one is with the support (money) of Big Tobacco. Big Pharma will never play nice as MMJ will lower profits for them. Big Tobacco has the infrastructure or at least a better potential to fill the demand of full decrim.

xavier7995

xavier7995

yep, and I hope to be there craft brewing next to the budweisers of buds MUAHAHAHAHA.

But yeah, i concur. When real companies and corporations come in, thats going to be some shizz and it is only a matter of time. A craft market for artisan weed...perhaps blessed by snoop(thinking of him as the monks that bless/make fancy beer)... is something that would exist, laws permitting, in my opinion. Random speculation is my specialty.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

yep, and I hope to be there craft brewing next to the budweisers of buds MUAHAHAHAHA.

But yeah, i concur. When real companies and corporations come in, thats going to be some shizz and it is only a matter of time. A craft market for artisan weed...perhaps blessed by snoop(thinking of him as the monks that bless/make fancy beer)... is something that would exist, laws permitting, in my opinion. Random speculation is my specialty.
Here is another wrinkle to make sure Uncle Sam gets his cut.

http://www.google.com/patents/US6630507

http://nypost.com/2013/09/11/feds-patented-medical-marijuana-even-when-they-were-fighting-it/

Gonna be a pretty easy transition from being in charge to threaten patent lawsuits, which again is only something a large organization would provide.

If I hated myself I would become a patent attorney and prepare for the hype.

Interesting dynamic though.

S

Seed Buyer

A lot of states, especially southern agricultural states like mine, are working on hemp bills. Not sure how the outdoor/greenhouse game will pan out when the 1000 acre track beside yours is covered in high CBD hemp plants castings pollen into the wind.

epitome

epitome

That would drive the.price of sensimilla back up after it falls off the table.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

A lot of states, especially southern agricultural states like mine, are working on hemp bills. Not sure how the outdoor/greenhouse game will pan out when the 1000 acre track beside yours is covered in high CBD hemp plants castings pollen into the wind.
If you are familiar with the distance that viable hemp pollen can travel through the air and in water, then you should plan on large scale grows being open pollinated by cops and assholes or MMC's or angry neighbors.

Of course my conspiracy self thinks that it would be pretty easy for 'someone' to use some type of device that could deliver said pollen to ruin a marijuana crop. They have these things called drones now. When they aren't checking patio decks for bikini's in the summer they might get around to something like this, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I should also add that there are many here who are more familiar with this type of stuff. I just learned how to read so I'm still playing ketchup.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Perhaps the "craft brew" approach isn't the way to go...dirty tricks INC. will be the new venture. Hacking your internets, flying drones, bombs of PM and mites...yeah, that James O'Keefe shitbag has nothing on me. Future career ahoy.

edit: a friend is really interested in growing hemp, we had a good laugh at all the middle school kids he is going to make sad when they try and rip off some buds.

S

Seed Buyer

I own a hydro shop and got a call from an outfit out of Kentucky yesterday moving into hemp. I guess they work off clones just like this industry and only plant out females. They are working on creating feminized seeds in order to possible move away from keeping mother plants. These dude were talking pretty crazy potential profit numbers. They need lots of T5's for cuttings and maybe Gavitas in the greenhouse before they plant out in the spring. They are also looking at doing a winter crop in the greenhouse during the winter. Pretty interesting stuff!

xavier7995

xavier7995

It is a pretty interesting market, not something I would really want to do, but interesting none the less. I can't even imagine how long it would take to plant the acres of land it sounds like most people plan to run.

S

Seed Buyer

I can't get into todays hip hop at all, but I did discover Run the Jewels and give them a tip of the hat.

xavier7995

xavier7995

My 3yr old and I start the day off by dancing to RTJ. Kid loves them, to the point that he named his build-a-bear run the jewels. That leads to some rather strange sounding conversations.

S

Seed Buyer

Youtube them on the Colbert show. The band TV on the Radio backed them up, it is epic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom