>>>>>>Colorado Medical Marijuana Laws are changing<<<<<<

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BUDOGHI

The war on cannabis continues and will as long as the will of the majority is ignored as government does. I think we should start an initiative to outlaw christianity and organized religion in general then limit the number of churches in our communities.

sky high

sky high

Boulder Democrat Polis plans to push decriminalizing marijuana at federal level

The Denver Post
Posted: 01/02/2011 01:00:00 AM MST

This is according to U.S. Rep. Jared Polis, a Boulder Democrat, who said he plans to push a law in the new Congress that would decriminalize marijuana at the federal level so that states with medicinal laws on the books, like Colorado, could treat it as they wish.

Under Polis' structure, marijuana laws would be extremely local — similar to states that have so-called dry, alcohol- free counties.

"It's not in the federal government's realm," Polis said. "I'm proud of Colorado being a pioneer in this regard and setting up a regulatory structure. We've benefited in tax revenues and I think it's dealt a big blow to criminalize it."

The Obama administration has urged federal prosecutors' tolerance in prosecuting pot possession in the more than a dozen states that have medical-marijuana laws on the books.

But Polis continues to push full decriminalization in case future administrations — and federal Drug Enforcement Agency chiefs — may not be so friendly.

He also believes that a law protecting states means banks would be more comfortable setting up interstate accounts with pot dispensaries.

In August, Wells Fargo & Co. said it was going to stop handling marijuana-dispensary accounts because of federal laws.

Though other banks will take the accounts, Polis wants dispensaries to have a choice.

Polis has supporters in the libertarian movement, who believe that legalizing marijuana would be kind to already- clogged courts and, perhaps, cause less havoc because people "are a lot less danger to themselves and society when they are smoking marijuana than when they drink too much alcohol," said David Kopel, an adjunct law professor at the University of Denver.

"Marijuana was legal from the time when the pilgrims showed up through the 1930s, and the country grew from humble beginnings to a world superpower with legal marijuana," Kopel said. "I think it's a waste of criminal justice resources," to prosecute pot cases.

But former U.S. Attorney Troy Eid has a different opinion. He is not in favor of full decriminiliazation but respects voters' approval of a medical-marijuana laws. He wants to see it put through a clinical trial like other drugs.

"With all due respect, we just don't know the pros and cons of marijuana as medicine from a scientific perspective," said Eid, now a private attorney. "It's very important we have a dispassionate conversation about this. Voters have said they want medicine. We should treat it like medicine."

Polis plans to push his proposed law in Washington early this year, though its prospects in a Republican-controlled House appear to be dim.

Plans are underway to get a pot legalization ballot measure on Colorado's 2012 ballot (a similar measure failed in 2006).

"Every state should be able to take this issue on its own," said Mason Tvert, executive director of SAFER Alternative for Enjoyable Recreation, which is working on fundraising for the ballot measure.

Tvert said the rumored help from Democratic billionaire George Soros was not true, but "if whoever is saying that wants to put us in touch, that would be wonderful."

Read more: Boulder Democrat Polis plans to push decriminalizing marijuana at federal level - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/marijuana/ci_16990651#ixzz19t7yuJVl
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Melizzard

Melizzard

thank you doubleds. unfortunately i will have to destroy the excess:hi

wait until people wake up and stop sending the state the $90 fee. all you need is the rec... we can bring it all down

Funny you should mention this. When I first got legal, I was living in Cali. All you had to do was to go to a dr and get a rec. If you wanted to support the great state of CA, you could register with the state, but it was not required to buy meds. With that rec, you could access whatever dispensary you pleased. They burned a copy of your rec, and you were good to do.

Is it optional here? I was under the impression it was a requirement ...

xxoo
Melizzard

Melizzard

Melizzard

Yeah if I tried that I would be gone for days...:spacecraft:

The last batch of tincture I made - just a teaspoon rocks my world.

Oh yeah, I know THAT'S true, Ty!!!! After the big pass-out, at the May gathering, from eating just one, oh yeah!!! We wouldn't hear from you for a week! LOL

xxoo
Mel

Melizzard

Melizzard

Every fucking person alive deals with chronic pain in some form or another.

I am one of those terminally ill folks ... and I don't have chronic pain. Chronic pain is pain that never goes away, right Sky? ;) Not everyone has this condition.

The self righteous rhetoric is tiring me out. Be honest and call it what it is.
People want to get high sick or not. If you are sick and it helps you then that is wonderful and I'm truly happy for you.

Not true. I avoided MMJ like the plague until I could no longer avoid it. I was literally starving to death ... that's what advanced cancer does to folks. I couldn't eat at all. My USAF husband, straight-laced as he can be, was the one who dragged me, kicking and screaming, to the dr and the dispensary (this was in Cali). I did NOT want to get high. Didn't like the feeling. Admittedly, I do now ... but I didn't embark on this path in order to get high. I started eating again, I learned about Phoenix Tears oil, learned how to make it, got a variance, and am now using the PTO as the only treatment in my cancer protocol. I am also pursuing other things, but they are spiritual. And I will have outlived my life expectancy by 3 years, come March, all without the oncologist's help. Has cannabis had something to do with that? I would say HELL YEAH!

You would have to have your head under a rock not to know about what THC and CBD do to cancer ... the abstracts are out there. Just a quick read of Granny Storm Crow's list should have convinced you that there is medical benefit to pot. And not just symptom relief.

The American population could give a fuck if you get high or not. With the exception of the religious right wing nuts.

I would agree with this, except for the last sentence. I have a huge relationship with both God and Jesus and I love my weed! I believe that's the BEST argument with Christians ... God created it. He created us with an endocannabinoid system. Did He mess up? Yeah, when you back them into a corner that way, it prys open even the most closed mind. :)

xxoo
Mel

T

TyKaycha

Oh yeah, I know THAT'S true, Ty!!!! After the big pass-out, at the May gathering, from eating just one, oh yeah!!! We wouldn't hear from you for a week! LOL

xxoo
Mel

I just consider myself lucky to have such a low tolerance! HA! :)
You all are just jealous that I'm such a cheap date!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Well here's one for the religious folks who deny marijuana, first page of the king james bible

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1:12&version=KJV

The bible is all about interpretation and people only see what they want to see. Next time a religious nut tells you marijuana is the devil, grab their bible, flip to the first frekin page about half way down and there's genesis 1:12. and then you can say "What, cat got your tongue?". If some "religious" folk actually READ the bible instead of having someone preach an interpretation to them we might have more of a free thinking society. There's always more sheep than shepherds though. I must digress..

I have a low tolerance myself Ty! it really depends on the strain. Sometimes 1 hit and I can't stand up and other times I'm the one sucking down the joint no one can finish. I like my saitvas and subsequent crosses.

Melizzard

Melizzard

Well here's one for the religious folks who deny marijuana, first page of the king james bible

This is certainly true. But many religious folk will tap dance around that ... especially due to the different translations. Heck, I'm not even sure the kanah bosem in the holy anointing oil is translated literally to cannabis. If you look in the Hebrew, it could mean "cane or stalk," which could be any plant, pretty much. But that endocannabinoid system ... to me, that's the real clencher. You can't get around that one, translationally speaking. :) What, we have a system that regulates our entire body and this system is activated by cannabis? Hmmmmmmmmm... must be a mistake there somewhere ..... oh wait .... God doesn't make mistakes, right? DOHHHHH! LOL Hey, my pastor is so on board he is now a caregiver and growing his own! Needless to say, not many church functions at HIS house! :)

xxoo
Mel

C

canaguy27

All you had to do was to go to a dr and get a rec. If you wanted to support the great state of CA, you could register with the state, but it was not required to buy meds. With that rec, you could access whatever dispensary you pleased.

Is it optional here? I was under the impression it was a requirement ...

xxoo
Melizzard

You need a redcard to buy from an MMC. All you need is a doctor's rec to be compliant under A20. IIRC though, then it may become an affirmative defense. I am not sure though.

None of my patients are sending the state any more money. They have done nothing but steal from this industry.

A

A20Grower

You need a redcard to buy from an MMC. All you need is a doctor's rec to be compliant under A20. IIRC though, then it may become an affirmative defense. I am not sure though.

None of my patients are sending the state any more money. They have done nothing but steal from this industry.

I would very much like to send you a pm regarding your sig. Can you pm me plz?

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

The bible is all about interpretation and people only see what they want to see. Next time a religious nut tells you marijuana is the devil, grab their bible, flip to the first frekin page about half way down and there's genesis 1:12. and then you can say "What, cat got your tongue?". If some "religious" folk actually READ the bible instead of having someone preach an interpretation to them we might have more of a free thinking society. There's always more sheep than shepherds though. I must digress..

HEhe, LMAO. I always use 1:29.... ..... "I give you all the seed bearing herbs and animals to USE" I absolutely LOVE using this in the political arena. and have opened a couiple of speeches w/ it. haha.

Really, if you can not read the 1st page of the Bible and not misinterpret it, you are clearly dealing with some unquesetioned assumptions in your view of Mj.

The religious ppl counter this w/ something like cocaine is natural to, (no seeds), or herion (seeds, but requires processing). I counter and say Mj needs no processing to use - and can not kill. Therefore it couldn't be "of the devil" and must be "of God".

I did not comprehend 1:12 before, Thanks for pointing that out. I'm going to use it to strengthen my 1:29 argument......
Got go Tosh.0 is on...

R

Rednick

Pharmaceuticals are natural, right?

'Cause if they aren't, I'm gonna have to tell my doc to stop giving me all these pills.

Melizzard

Melizzard

The religious ppl counter this w/ something like cocaine is natural to, (no seeds), or herion (seeds, but requires processing). I counter and say Mj needs no processing to use - and can not kill. Therefore it couldn't be "of the devil" and must be "of God".

Ahhhhh, but cocaine, while it does come from a plant, is not the way God created things. Man took one alkaloid (or whatever a component of a plant is called) and isolated it, processed it, it and called it cocaine. All by itself, it's a toxin. But the way God created it is the whole plant ... and from what I hear, if one chews coca, it's not much different than drinking a cup of coffee (that's what I've been told anyway). So that's something I toss out there with that argument. Cocaine is a perfect example of what we, as a species, frequently do ... take something perfect and whole and think we can make it better. But we just wind up making it poisonous. ;)

That's why I like to use the whole flippin' plant when I make PTO. :)

xxoo
Mel

sky high

sky high

Marijuana grow houses are a growing controversy at Denver City Council

By Patricia Calhoun, Mon., Jan. 31 2011 @ 6:45AM

​In the fall of 2009, Denver City Council rep Charlie Brown realized that the city had to get a handle on the booming medical marijuana dispensary industry -- and even as the Colorado Legislature was just starting to discuss MMJ, Denver was signing off on its ordinance. But now the city needs to revise its Denver Medical Marijuana Code to deal with certain provisions of the state law and the growing controversy over grow houses.

One of the major provisions of the new state laws was the requirement that dispensaries -- now known as "centers" -- grow at least 70 percent of their own product. That led to a boom in the grow-house business, with many operations getting their business licenses in Denver before new city zoning rules took affect that would outlaw grows from certain areas.

And so Charlie Brown is back in the saddle again. Last Monday, the Special Issues Committee, which Brown chairs, spent hours discussing a proposed ordinance that would license the city's grow operations, and while the council members reached no consensus, they grappled with a growing list of possible amendments, including one proposal to close any grow facility within 1,000 feet of a residential or mixed use area.

Under new zoning rules, city officials estimate that 167 of the 179 facilities that have gotten permits as grow houses would have to move. And new amendments have been proposed that would further limit locations for the facilities.

So many amendments were proposed that the Denver City Attorney's office spent the weekend redrafting the ordinance that will be discussed at 2 p.m. today in Room 391 of the City & County Building; we'll post the draft as soon as it's available.

But even without seeing that version, Brown promises that today's discussion could be a bumpy ride. And hold on tight: If the proposal makes it out of the committee, there will be a public hearing before Denver City Council two weeks from today.

R

RMCG

This is for MMC OPCL's?

It's not a god damn shell game Charlie Brown. You cannot force these industries to 'uproot' EVERYTHING again and jump through the 'regulation du jour', not to mention inspections, permits, leases, etc. This should have been on the heels of or included IN 1284.

So which of the '12 remaining' facilities does he have a vested interest in?

eyecandi

eyecandi

So which of the '12 remaining' facilities does he have a vested interest in?

after MONTHS of bullshit with licenses/permits/construction/fees/stupidity/lawsuits and still not being fully up, we are one of those 12. and while it may be 'good for me' .... I think it is absolute bullshit. only some people know how much (time/energy/$$$$$) it takes to get one of these things going and there is no frickin way I'd stand for it, seriously. all the rest need to join forces or something with suing the shit out of Denver. time and again they make rules to suit the moment and shaft the business. what other business in this country gets fucked with like the MMJ business? make some damn rules and stick by em, period. or expect to pay a crap load of $$$ in suits and litigation.

eyecandi

eyecandi

well, they weren't total tools it looks like

http://www.denverpost.com/news/marijuana/ci_17255307

Denver City Council members reached a tentative compromise Monday over what to do with medical-marijuana-growing facilities that aren't located where they're supposed to be.

The city estimates as many as 50 growing facilities are in areas it was OK to be when they opened but not after the zoning changed. Some council members wanted those facilities to move. Others wanted them grandfathered in.

The compromise allows the facilities to remain in place for two years, after which they will have to go to a public hearing to decide whether they can stay.
...... blah blah blah .....
The regulations still need final approval by the full council.

R

RMCG

well, they weren't total tools it looks like

http://www.denverpost.com/news/marijuana/ci_17255307

Denver City Council members reached a tentative compromise Monday over what to do with medical-marijuana-growing facilities that aren't located where they're supposed to be.

The city estimates as many as 50 growing facilities are in areas it was OK to be when they opened but not after the zoning changed. Some council members wanted those facilities to move. Others wanted them grandfathered in.

The compromise allows the facilities to remain in place for two years, after which they will have to go to a public hearing to decide whether they can stay.
...... blah blah blah .....
The regulations still need final approval by the full council.

While its an improvement, it wouldn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings about investing into my location, infrastructure, building, etc.

Maybe its time to buy up some unincorporated land and hang some 'Build to Suit' signage...

Pull a Wal-Mart and move to the edge of the city to quietly and politely give the finger to the City's Tax Man.

opt1c

opt1c

wonder how much money the cities stand to make from forcing people to move and get new permits? Conflict of interest anyone?

Top Bottom